Author Topic: Almost Got Ran Over !!!  (Read 4656 times)

Offline brett haley

Almost Got Ran Over !!!
« on: July 18, 2009, 08:05:07 PM »
I Almost Got Ran Over Today I Was Crossing A Road And Then Missed A Step ANd Slipped And A Car Almost Flattened My Head !!! Lucky The Car Swereved. I Was A Stupid Idiot And Didnt Wear Any Protection But Luckiliy Ive Only Sprained My Wrist My Knees Were Fine As I Have The Knee Bar Up To My Knee Caps But I Will not Be on My Bockers Till This Is FInally Recovered And I Have Brought Pads !!! It Really Did Scareme Today HaHa I Didnt Really Care About Everyone Looking And Laughing If They Did :P But It Has Shocked Me And Made Me Think Safer ! :) i was so bored today so i thought i would tell you all a story :) !!! :) Hope you loved reading my life story :)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Almost Got Ran Over !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 08:19:09 PM »
Does it take you longer to write like that? I could hardly read it  :Ceek: Please don't do it anymore  :Cchatterbox:

You learn't the lesson about wearing pads the hard way! It might be a good idea to stay away from roads until you are a bit more steady on your feet  :Cwink: Falls are going to happen but practice away from cars until you got your balance a bit more sorted. Once you can kinda recover from trips and stumbles then be a bit more adventurous. Last thing we want is a squished bocker!

Get padded up, then get practicing ;) Hope your wrist is sorted soon.

oh, and be careful about where your knee bar is. If it just below your knee cap then you could do some damage if you fall wrong. I think a better way to describe it is top of your shin because just below your knee cap is a soft part, thats where you don't want it to be. You could do some damage if it is there. A good few cm below your knee cap is best. It probably is. I just wanna make sure you don't hurt yourself lol :)

:spudT:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 08:30:10 PM »
oh tut tut no pads, luckily it wasn't 2 broken elbows and serious surgery needed etc, and yeah, it' probably a good idea to stay away from roads for the while

Offline brett haley

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 10:42:07 PM »
:p its a bad habbit and thankyou for the knee bar advice i appreciate it ! :)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 11:23:14 PM »
:p its a bad habbit and thankyou for the knee bar advice i appreciate it ! :)
Thank you for not doing it :) and no worries ;)