Author Topic: 'loes  (Read 5880 times)

Offline W3bbo

• Bockipedia
'loes
« on: July 11, 2009, 12:11:23 PM »
I'm originally from a little town just south of Manchester, then moved down to Birmingham for my degree (and subsequently joined Brum's Team Sky High) but as I'm going back up north for the summer hols I figured I'd join the local group there: the NWW.

So... how often do you meet up? I'm due to meet up with Sally (Cosmic Bimbo) in a few weeks, maybe some of you could tag along?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
Re: 'loes
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 09:26:28 PM »
Ohh you lucky s*d

I really would like to bock Alderly Edge now that would be Extreeme Sport for sure all those rocks and ledges

All kidding aside I stayed near the Edge many years ago and had read the Weird Stone of Brisingham so it was a dream when some guys invited me to go down Engine Vein mine (happy days of my youth  :Cbiggrin:) I even tried running "Widdershins round the Devils rock/cave  :Claugh:

Good luck with the group W3bbo

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline W3bbo

• Bockipedia
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 10:55:12 PM »
Ohh you lucky s*d

Lucky? How?

I really would like to bock Alderly Edge now that would be Extreeme Sport for sure all those rocks and ledges

Alderly Edge is boooring :p

Good luck with the group W3bbo

Ta!

BTW Do you know any light engineering companies that might be interested in working on supination-compensating footplates? A few American companies have contacted me to work on the project but I'm looking for a company local to the UK.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 12:15:54 AM »
heya w3bbo soz i ent replyed very soon im in full time work now aswell as college and in police volanteers so im seriously allways busy

errm the NWW havent had a meet in a long time and we would be up for a little bock sometime depending on when and where

i still have contact wif most of the members so i should be able to pull em all togeva again

sadly i cant bock anymore as my doctor requested me to stop because of my poor knee strength but i still do pics and stuff

errm just pm me if ur still up for a meet sumtime and ill see what i can do mate cheers

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 10:40:27 AM »
sadly i cant bock anymore as my doctor requested me to stop because of my poor knee strength but i still do pics and stuff

Clive has had trouble with his knees and he says that bocking has helped strengthen them. talk to him.

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 07:52:02 PM »
Sorry about no reply W3bbo

Somehow I missed your post must have been one of the Pc crashes I had a few weeks ago

Lucky to live near the Edge  :Cbiggrin:

How could you call the edge boring I nearly killed myself 3 timesin 3 different ways in one day when I went there  :Claugh:

Now your asking engineering has almost been killed in the UK and all the small shops won't take risks any more as they are hanging on by their fingertips
I take it the footplate is for bocks and if it is read the Boecks patent carefully as they have done a really good job of stiching it up 7 ways to breakfast (even for accessories and add-ons)

If you can find a local Model Engineer you might get a better service and at a good price so try your local clubs (Minature Steam/Model eng) and you might get lucky or put an add in one of the Model engineering mags

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 08:30:17 AM »
i do believe the mod god is messing around with this idea atm, and as we know he dont care for the boecks or their patent

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 06:27:02 PM »
yer but the streghnthening bit i cna deal wif but my joints cant hold the constant slamming to the floor i have early stage arthritus  (I karnt spel)

i work out alot more now tho and my phisyo said ill be able to go on them sumtime in the future
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 06:33:26 PM by aidanh1 »

Offline W3bbo

• Bockipedia
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 06:54:08 PM »
yer but the streghnthening bit i cna deal wif but my joints cant hold the constant slamming to the floor i have early stage arthritus  (I karnt spel)

i work out alot more now tho and my phisyo said ill be able to go on them sumtime in the future

Floor-slamming shouldn't hurt much unless you're bottoming-out. Try to bend your knees more, you won't get as high, but it should make it easier.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 07:48:36 PM »
And who would this mod God be Nero  :Claugh:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 09:37:31 PM »
i rekon our jason is the only mod god we need :P hehe