Author Topic: Calfcuffs set up correctly?  (Read 4615 times)

Offline JrdUK

Calfcuffs set up correctly?
« on: July 08, 2009, 10:30:57 AM »
I've been using them just over a week now and I have seen pictures of other peoples cuffs and they seem to be spaced out equally, but I have mine setup on the p**s is this alright?

I just put them in loosely strapped my leg in and pushed them against it, then tightened the bolts up while I had it on. They feel better than when I had them spaced out equal, is it alright to have them like this or should I get used to them setup equal?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Calfcuffs set up correctly?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 10:48:19 AM »
That's totally fine :) Mine look pretty much like that. I think everybody else's do too. They don't need to be equal but they are quite off to the side. I had this prob when I did mine, they were ok on my leg but I was a bit off balance on the footplate. If it feels ok then leave it. If you feel you are putting more weight on one part of your foot than the other then try moving the cuffs a little bit more to the center.

Btw, where are you?

:spudT:

Offline JrdUK

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 11:02:58 AM »
They feel ok so I guess I will just leave them then, the left one did slip abit at first but I tightend them right up, was just afraid of breaking the clamp by over tightening.

I am in N.E Lincs

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 11:11:15 AM »
You have to tighten it pretty well, just not so much the plastic bends. Anyhoo, if it feels fine then there is no reason to change it.

If you are in lincs I think that would make you a YBB.. There are a few local groups around the country that have meets and stuff. Really good way to progress fast and it's more fun together too.

http://www.yellowbellybockers.co.uk/

:spudT:

Offline JrdUK

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 11:55:13 AM »
I just took a look I am around an hour drive from the place they meet up, I am near the Grimsby/Cleethorpes area if you know anyone around there. I have already talked my cousin into getting some hes just waiting till some more 80's come into stock I am lucky they still had 110's so I didn't have to wait  :Cbiggrin:

Thanks for the info spud

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 12:30:36 PM »
If Chris (stiltninja) wasn't in Germany, he would be your man, but i don't know anyone else up that way really. Skegness meet on the 18th if you are interested though... http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3597.0 :)

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 08:14:00 AM »
There used to be about 4 or 5 peeps with stilts in that area, Choc is right stiltninja is local to you but away at the moment. Most of the Lincolnshire Guys are meeting on the 18th so would be good to get along there.
Grow old disgracefully