Author Topic: help setting up my bocks pleassssse  (Read 4402 times)

Offline jpread988

help setting up my bocks pleassssse
« on: June 04, 2009, 06:15:36 PM »
i have had my bocks for two weeks now and think they are ace, just got to convince my mates to get some so i have some one to use them with :(

they are poweriSers by the way.

any way i am trying to set up the foot plates because as i walk the left bock is right on the left side of the hoof i have tried adjusting the two diaganol threaded rods but cant crack it...

i know its a stupid question but what diaganol rod needs tighting??????

i try and explain this the best i can when i am standing looking down at the bocks the left bock is tilted outwards (to my left)

cheers for any help
jamie

P.S sorry about spelling.

Dark Knight

Re: help setting up my bocks pleassssse
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 06:28:15 PM »
Firstly welcome to the forum there is a whole section on help with setting up but this is the one I think your after.

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2337.0

But the first thing you should check is .... is it your feet ? Put them on the other foot and see what that fells like ?

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 06:31:16 PM »
hi un welcome,

any chance of posting a pix?  im not sure thats right for brand new stits   u shouldnt be 'setting up footplates'

0ooo re spillin , dont worry. its only sprog wot gets upset, un him wound up is a bonus 4 the rest of us :Cbiggrin:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 07:01:58 PM »
Can you get some head-on pictures of your stilts? If you've tried the support rods in different positions and it's still not working, it may be that the actual frame has warped.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 11:06:30 PM »
Q?
did u on purposly spell spelling wrong lol

and on this issue dude im glad u brought it up coz mine keep doing that :P i weight 11 stone and im muscular so i push quite abit of force down on my stilts so maybe it cud be warping ?

if u woble ur stilt is it loose? (mine is wqorse than loose the hole bloody thing shakes forward XD)

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 12:24:46 AM »
My suggestion to anybody with suspected warped stilts is to follow jason's tutorial that DK gave. See if that helps.

:spudT:

Offline Wally247

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 01:52:08 PM »
my stilts do the same and im on my second pair... methinks its just my feet... they are extreemly flat... a good guide is look at the bottoms of your shooes and see where the wear is... it should be in a simmilar place on the bock... if you get insoles in your shooes(propperly fitted insouls) it will change the possision of the foot and thus your hoof... weird i know but it does. However you probably wont want to bock with insoles as its not verry comfey or good for the insole... just keep an eye on the wear and change the bock form foot to foot to even wear.

sorry if i got the wrong end of the stick  :Cerr:
:
                                                          click for details

bocking puts the spring back in you step...

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 09:08:57 PM »
I personally dont worry about my hooves wearing unevenly, i wear the inside of my right hoof more than anywhere else.

If it really gets to you, remove the hooves and swap them to the opposite bock, to even up your wearing patterns.

I wouldn't have played with the stabiliser rods personally :/ they're tricky things.

Offline Wally247

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 10:44:35 PM »
Lol it was just a thought and it never really bothered me i just gave them to my bro and got 7s for christmass lol
:
                                                          click for details

bocking puts the spring back in you step...