Author Topic: my personal goal!!  (Read 6431 times)

Offline Schuman

my personal goal!!
« on: June 03, 2009, 03:23:58 AM »
My goal with my stilts is to jump over my volkswagan bug!!
does anyone have any tips for me to get better andable to jump higher and farther??
i live in the USA and there are not any gyms for me to practice at and i'm all on my own!!
I need some ideas that will help me!!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: my personal goal!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 08:36:34 AM »
It's not that i can jump cars or anything. Thats a pretty big goal but anyway. The only way you will be able to do it is if you practice lots. You will need to have perfect technique. There are some tips and tutorials on that on one of the boards. But the only way to master it is on your stilts. Video yourself bocking and see how you can improve. It may also be worth you making a high jump bar so you can see you are getting the height.

I dont think i have ever seen somebody jump a car. Only flip i think :/ see if its possible first. Need acheivable goals.

:spudT:

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 09:05:59 AM »
 To gain both height and distance you would have to somersault over it. A basic jump can give you a lot of height but even running up to the jump would still mean you waste a lot in height compared to the total distance you'd traveled forward. The flip is a way to extending the travel, it loses height but that is the trade off you have to make !
 Watch almost every video where a bocker is jumping over a big object and they will flip over it, that not showing off it's the best way to do it !
 So before you attempted a car you have to learn to flip, flipping in it self is a good first goal to set yourself, some would be happy with that, but you go for it :)

There's loads of video's of people jumping/flipping to study and learn from. There is a very good video on car jumping on this site that you may already seen and well REALLY give you a goal to aim for :)

http://www.pro-jump.co.uk/sitepage/ProJump-Stilts-As-Seen-On-TV.html 

Good luck and we all hope you make it one day and well love to see your video when you final do reach your goal !

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 11:27:58 AM »
You could always vault it instead. It's not jumping clean over it, just putting your hands down on the roof. Again, this takes a lot of practice and confidence and you need a very good and powerful approach.

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 12:08:58 PM »
[youtube=425,350]EjiugNIf6d0[/youtube]

Check the end of this vid. =]

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 03:30:16 PM »
He came SO CLOSE to stamping on the car's roof in the video!

Offline Tracker

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 06:55:07 PM »
now thats a goal. mine is to be able to jump a two foot wall down near where i practice.

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 03:02:58 PM »

That vid is pretty sweeeeeeet !  :Cnotworthy:

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes