Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 5743 times)

Offline Strops

Hi All
« on: May 19, 2009, 05:11:19 PM »
Hi all

Im Jamie, 17 from maidstone in kent, met a few of you at the weekend at the kite fest,

Had ago on some on the saturday and am now total hocked on them.

should be getting my first pair in a few weeks time.

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 05:15:29 PM »
Hey Jamie, Glad you enjoyed the kite fest it was a pretty good weekend :)

Offline 0o0matthew0o0

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 05:41:02 PM »
Hey,

Im matt The 14 Year old At the Kite fest!!

Welcome to the forums!

Matt

You Dont Know Your Lumits Till You Have Pushed Them Too Far!

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 05:41:56 PM »
Hey Matt, Welcome aboard!! im Paul from the kite fest :P

Offline Strops

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 05:43:33 PM »
thanks for the welcomes,

can you look at these im just over 80kg and was woundering if there ok for me to use?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pro-Jump-Power-Stilts_W0QQitemZ230342744479QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportingGoods_OtherSports?hash=item230342744479&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

thanks

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 06:20:25 PM »
Ignore that, I was wrong.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 06:42:14 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 06:31:05 PM »
Um..I don't think it is the lynch on this forum ??? they are on the "other forum"

Offline lynch

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 06:31:57 PM »
sorry im not the seller and i would never sell my stilts
1 i love them tooo much
2 i have no springs and i mean no springs just the frames atm

the seller seems ok no negative feedback but they are going quite high you might as well just put the bit more towards it and buy from pro-jump and get the grantee

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 06:40:36 PM »
Yup, you asked my advice on them. They seem ok. The bocks genuine but don't pay too much for them. It looks like they might end up selling at a high price. There will be a point as lynch says where it is better to buy new and get the warranty.

Offline Strops

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 06:43:32 PM »
Hi all

thanks for the advice everyone am going to wait and save that bit more,

will let you know when i get my first set :Cbiggrin:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 06:45:27 PM »
Whoops. Quite a coincidence that there's another Lynch!

With the £15 postage they're not far off this website's price already.
As long as Pro-Jump still has free postage. You better check though
since my last post prooved I'm not on fire today. =p Sorry.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 06:52:46 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline lynch

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 06:47:15 PM »
yeha pro-jump do have free posting

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 06:53:22 PM »
Great idea Jamie. Hope you are bocking soon. And you said you were in maidstone. Hopefully one of the invita bockers will say hi soon :)

:spudT:

Offline Strops

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 07:33:53 PM »
When i finally get some will try to get to a meet of there's, really excited about getting some now  :Cbiggrin:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 07:38:08 PM »
isnt toddy(and his good lady) maidstone?hook up  he knows loads and loads of peeps--and has a car!!! 

Offline Strops

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 08:01:27 PM »
this is me, my first time on pro jumps lol :Claugh:

thanks to the person holding me up, dont know his name though, possibley mark i think not to sure?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 08:32:40 PM »
Awesome pic :) you can see the concentration :D Looks like you were doing good on them tho. It's bob "holding you up" (looks like you were doing most of the balancing) ;)

Offline Strops

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 08:40:13 PM »
lol thanks,

well thank you bob for the help :Csmile:

Offline bobw

• EA Bocker
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 09:08:19 PM »
Glad to be of assistance,welcome to the forum Jamie,Hope you get your bocks soon. Its worthwhile keeping an eye on Ebay I bought Sammy's Pro jumps for £75 Only used about twice, did have a small amount of blood on them,but other than that perfect, Just be careful there are a lot of dodgy ones. dont forget to get some wrist guards a well.

Offline SLIPSTREAM

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 09:56:32 PM »
Hay.

Thanks for all your help at the weekend, seeing as I was a natural though it was only right I come home and buy some, got the pro jumps with cuff and upgraded foot ratchets, been out every night since they came. thereeeeeeeeeeeeee greaaaaaaaaaat

thanks Bob for your help sharon Bradley and I (John) had a great time.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 10:48:22 PM »
Hey there! Welcome to the forum!

Glad you had a good time on bocks and a good buy btw. The upgraded bindings are great ;)

Where abouts are you?

:spudT:

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 12:18:46 PM »
hi
yea sorry ive been bissy this week
but i have some spair pairs(like the ones you were using)
and i am part of the invicter bockerz, and we have a few poeple arounf maidstone who bocks
and if you are free i could pop down one day soon so you can have another go.

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2009, 07:32:53 PM »
One of us are usually always about ready to Bock. If you let us know when your free and we will sort out arranging a meet in Maidstone for you. It's actually one of our regular meeting spots. Probably our favourite currently.

-Carma