Author Topic: EA Bockers at Xtremefest  (Read 15262 times)

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
Re: EA Bockers at Xtremefest
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 09:57:08 PM »
SHOTGUN!!

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 10:19:46 PM »
tim u know u wanna get me and greg in that 1 seat :P

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 10:23:15 PM »
We got 5 and liek 5 and a half pairs of bocks in at bury. Wasnt comfortable but we all squished in :D

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 11:02:44 PM »
We got 5 and liek 5 and a half pairs of bocks in at bury. Wasnt comfortable but we all squished in :D

I reckon we could make that 5 people and 6 pairs of bocks tbh. haha lifts are not confirmed yet as i'm not 100% if i'm coming. Plus bertie and hilly get first dibs on seats. Will let you all know nearer the time. Was amusing though, cheers guys! xD

Offline raychalre0126

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2009, 10:01:24 AM »
hi there,

spud you make me laugh!! if you lot are putting so much work into the EA group then you must be doing a great job if you haven't even got a forum!

Reading what has been said and what has happened i think its pathetic and what you are doing is a bit two faced!

you may say that this event is for you EA lot only but why? to promote you as a group? yeah ok BUT whats stopping you
from letting fellow bockers come and join in? if you go into the arena and do a display even if there are a few of the Essex lot
in there with you, you are still going to promoting EA! just because the Essex lot would be there doesn't mean your not promoting EA!

as i can see and have read here and on the essex forum! they invited you to the kite festival got you free tickets and everything and this is how you return the favour!...... well done EA's the essex lot could have done what you are doing now! and said Oh lets invite all the essex lot to the kite fest so that we can promote our group and if anyone from EA wants to come thats fine as long as they dont join in!   

Try going to other big events! and watch what goes on! if there are for instants a trial bike team doing a display or having a general ride in the arena and there other other riders there that they know and have rode with they will invite them in! even if they are not part of there group!

the more bockers you get in the arena doing stuff the more you are going to promote it! it's not all about promoting groups its about promoting the sport! and the fact that you all like doing it!

Why be like this? at the end of the day you all are bockers!!....... so it shouldn't matter who's from where and who does what!  

and as for what trixter has said about them........whats the point? by the sounds of it maybe if you EA lot wasn't how you are then things might have been different.....by the sounds of it the kite fest was just an event to have a meet up and a laugh and just do some bocking and show the public what its about!

all in all i just cant see why you would be so two faced over it! it's almost like if the essex like where going you would be worried that the light would be taking from you and pointed on them!

Look at it this way! if you said ok the Essex lot can come and a few of them can join us in the arena and stuff! you would still have your banners and and be giving out cards n stuff so you would still be promoting the same amount! if not more as there will be more of you (bockers) there!!

I am not part of any group as i have only had my stilts 3 months! and i have just been watching th forums too see whats going on with ALL the bockers! and i just like to go and use them and be me not part of anyone or anything! i do it because i like bocking!

i hope that you can sort things like this out in the future and do events and things as one big group Of BOCKERS not EA or EPB,
As i would love to come and join in one day and meet up with you guys!

Ray  

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 12:44:17 PM by raychalre0126 »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2009, 11:22:17 AM »
It doesnt work like that.

This is a "job" its not a general meet.

If you were employed to do a job, would it be right to take your best friend, sister & the dog along?

No I don't think it would.

Offline raychalre0126

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2009, 11:31:59 AM »
are EA getting paid then?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 12:44:41 PM by raychalre0126 »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2009, 11:43:31 AM »
Hi ray,
Welcome to the forum. I find it quite strange you have been watching both forums so much without actually being a part of any groups but I guess that doesn’t matter.

I don’t really see why you had to sign up just to launch that kind of stuff at me. But you have, and I can handle it. I don’t really feel the need to answer or respond what you have said but I guess you will be disappointed if I don’t. So here we go.

Why don’t we have our own forum? We only just have our own website. I think we were the last group to get one despite being fairly well established. Bocking has always been high on the agenda and other stuff much less important. The EA bockers have been using this forum for years and without any problems. It is only recently, since the launch of the website, that we have been feeling the need to have our own forum. We like using this forum but things may have to change. So why hasn’t it been done already? I guess that is down to me and I take full responsibility for it. The EA bockers website was the first website I ever made. I am no expert and I think setting up a forum at the moment is beyond me. But is the amount of work put in really measured by having/not having a forum?

I can see why you think it is two faced. I won’t blame you for that. The EPBs did invite us to the kitefest and we had a good time. There were people like bob who were getting people on bocks the whole weekend. I’m not saying that it wouldn’t have been good without the EAs but I think they brought a lot to the weekend. The kite festival was held right in the middle of the EA bockers area. 2 miles away from our gym! This event is also in the EA bockers area.

May I also add that this event is different to the kite festival. It is much more formal. The bocking in the arena will be quite limited and I cant imagine it just being our usual jumping about. I think we will put some effort in. The majority of the rest off the stuff will purely be getting people on bocks. We should have our own insurance and we will need to make sure that everybody teaching is dong so safely. I know the EA Bockers can do this and do this. I don’t know many of the EBPs and I would not like to make myself responsible for them being safe. I need people I can trust. I cant trust those I don’t know. You hit the nail on the head when you said the kitefest was just a laugh and a meet up. This is definitely not that. We have a job to do. 

I would also love to have another meet up with the EPBs. I really enjoyed meeting them and they are great guys. But, I think it has to be somewhere less formal than something like this. We are there to sell the sport, the EAs and our energy and we have a job to do. It’s no normal meet up. I would be more than happy to have another meet with the EAs, infact I suggested to Dal we did it again. I really want to but please, not here.

:spudT:

@Naz, thank you. I think you understand perfectly how it is. You are spot on. We have got a job to do there.

And no, we are not being paid. But we are working.

Offline raychalre0126

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2009, 12:49:05 PM »
hi spud,
thanks for the reply!

Sorry if i have come round as a bit harsh!

just was on here this morning when i read it all and thought that it was a little bit wrong!

i dont want to create any bad feelings between the 2 groups! just wanted to express my opinion that things should work both ways!

and at the end of the day your all bockers so it doesn't matter who goes were and who does what!!

Hope i haven't hurt anyone in what i have said as i really didn't mean it like that lol!

See you all around sometime!

Ray

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2009, 01:19:14 PM »
Thanks Ray,

We really apriecate the EPBs inviting us to the kite festival. It was good fun. I understand about things working both ways but as I have previously said there are times and places for that. Hopefully at something less formal that will come up. And of course if they don't mind traveling they can come to any meets of ours.

There were some other events at rougham that we were invited back to. We need to speak to people about it but if it turned out we were able to go and the EAs would be organising it then I think it would only be fair that we invited the EPBs to join us. There is no actual "job" for us to do there. Its just good fun.

You are right. We are all bockers but at the same time each group is unique and we do our own things, some have their own forums. If we were just one big group every job would be shared ect ect. It really wouldn't work. Informal meets is another thing. I love meeting new people, more the merrier.

Offline lynch

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2009, 04:03:45 PM »
@ spud
both of you last 2 post are well worded and true

you need to this one on your one as its not just a meet its a job good luck hope you get more people in the EA's

and yes we will defo have to do another meet i suggest a nother camp as its nice not having to go home and makes it a longer meet
i will talk to dall and try to sort out another weekend meet 

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2009, 04:16:25 PM »
Thanks lynch :)

And yeah, speak to Dal. I would love another camping meet sometime. It was good to meet so many new people and have enough time to learn their names :D

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2009, 04:56:54 PM »
f**k! This has come up really quickly. I have been asked to do a risk assessment. I didn't realize this was so soon. It is on the 26th of july. That's less than 2 weeks away. Is anybody game for this?

And... does anybody want to make an A6 size advert  :biggrin: *cough* sprog *cough*

« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 04:58:40 PM by Spud »

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2009, 05:18:39 PM »
HI THERE JUST A LIL JUMP IN.   oo soz for shouting.   But there is a similar event in Bournemouth by our new ( being built as I type) £1.5M surf reef towards the end of September. The JJz arnt so proud and we warmly welcome all. If you come as groups and do bits --take a turn at the teechin, even better.

There is a thread bout it somewhere---Ill stick it on shortly.

Soz to butt in there    :Csmile:.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2009, 06:35:17 PM »
CANCELLED

Transport without carl and paul is proving to be a nightmare. Public transport+sundays=epic fail!

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2009, 10:45:45 PM »
And... does anybody want to make an A6 size advert  :biggrin: *cough* sprog *cough*
*Sigh*
FIIIIIIIIIINE

CANCELLED
Oh ok, I won't then :P

The JJz arnt so proud and we warmly welcome all.
I suspect if we were being paid for it Q, other clubs would not be as warmly invited, just as the EAs have done here, to help deal with liability and organising it, etc.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:48:24 PM by sprog »