Author Topic: Is this normal?  (Read 4264 times)

Offline Dr_Evil

Is this normal?
« on: May 15, 2009, 05:21:33 PM »
I have replaced mk 99kg springs with some 85's, now the 99s have barely had any use and as I only weigh in at 72kgs the have never had much stress anyway.

The left spring has small part on the inside with a lumpy texture, its never made any strange noises and is actually a tiny bit stiffer than the right one.

I want to sell these springs but not if they are no good. Its hard to get a good picture of.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 05:26:43 PM by Dr_Evil »

Offline Archy-G

Re: Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 05:37:26 PM »
They look alright but you will need to clean them up a bit first.
Im not sure about the lumps on the other so wait until a few more people reply to your topic and hopefully someone will know or expreiced something like that before.  :Csmile:

If you are going to sell springs how much would you sell them for? Im intrested in getting some 90s.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 05:41:15 PM by Archy-G »

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 05:41:28 PM »
It's hard to tell without feeling them/bouncing on them but it looks very similar to an 80 that snapped 10 minutes after we we found bumps under the rubber. The best way is too slit the rubber sheath off and have a look. You can always tape it up again later. =]

Offline Dr_Evil

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 08:49:35 PM »
I just took a look under the rubber, It looks alot like some sort of manufacturing defect, air bubble in the resin when it was made or something. The bumps were little bits of resin that cracked out from round the edges of the bubble and jammed under the rubber.

Offline Archy-G

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 08:54:29 PM »
I just took a look under the rubber, It looks alot like some sort of manufacturing defect, air bubble in the resin when it was made or something. The bumps were little bits of resin that cracked out from round the edges of the bubble and jammed under the rubber.

If it came like that you could try and get a refund?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 09:47:26 PM »
I've had some ugly springs that have gone on for ever
And pretty ones that have snapped

So surface texture and look arn't a good way to tell if you have a problem and if it works ok it shouldn't be a problem

Stick some pics up so we can see it

Just one bit of advice here if your spring cover goes wrinkley try running a hair dryer on hot over it and the heat shrink should straightenand you get a nice finnish again

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Dr_Evil

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 08:36:18 AM »

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 09:19:42 AM »
 :Cwideeyed:  that's pretty cracked, i say try and get replacements under warranty or whatever, just incase

though they could last for years and years, never can tell with springs

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 10:34:09 AM »
Wow, thats more than a little air bubble.
That has to be a error in the making, send an email to whoever sold u the spring and ask is this normal? See what they say, coz thats deffo not a crack from usage its to...  well controled XD

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Dr_Evil

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 11:24:48 AM »
Yes you can see there is a section with no glass fibres and the remains of an air bubble in the resin.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 08:30:46 PM »
:o That is weird, they are so not meant to be like that. If you bought them new then try and get them under warranty. If they are projumps they are usually pretty good with stuff like that.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 08:59:42 PM »
Yeah that does look unusual!
Send me a pm with your order number, date of purchase, name, address and a contact number along with a link to this thread and I'll see what we can do.