Author Topic: drinks holder  (Read 17144 times)

Offline lynch

drinks holder
« on: April 24, 2009, 09:18:37 PM »
right its getting hotter and its easy to get sun stroke if we dont drink
i was just wondering how people carry around drinks when bocking and if any one has made a drink holder to go on their stilts
as im thinking of doing on but wanted to see what was about first
so lets see what you go :P

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
Re: drinks holder
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 09:55:16 PM »
Q made one a while ago, I can't remember if I have any photos of it. It was just a bike drinks rack attached to his kneebar, but it worked really well.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 09:58:44 PM »
Just don't fill it with anything fizzy  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 10:14:30 PM »
all i would say is hydrapack

much easer and can hold up to 3l at a time
and can be nice and tight aginst your back to dont bounce around

Offline Schoie

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 11:39:26 PM »
 Just get a camel back!
Some People Think I'm Bonkers...
But I Just Think I'm Free...
Man I'm Just Living My Live...
There's Nothing Crazy About Me...

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 12:27:57 AM »
Q made one a while ago, I can't remember if I have any photos of it. It was just a bike drinks rack attached to his kneebar, but it worked really well.

That's ingenious! I want one on each bock to for even weight distribution...
...and a long crazy straw. It shall be my hydrophilic version of the beer hat. ^_^
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 07:11:57 AM »
how about a hand? it's really not that hard during generl trundling around, and if you stop to do a it of a showy bounce in one area, just put it down on a statue or something

bike holder on the vertical suppport would work better then on kneebar?

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 11:13:33 AM »
I assumed it was on a vertical part of the knee bar, not the curved bit that actually 'supports' your knee. But yes, it would work better on the vertical support.

Some people... myself included, really like the idea of having everything you need on your person, and not having to stop to remove bags or risk having things stolen while you're bocking. Bock mounted drinks holders and a bumbag would be perfect for me! I'm glad this topic came up. =)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:11:40 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Trinitrophenol

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 07:21:39 AM »
Check out http://www.camelbak.com/index.cfm ! I just saw one interesting item from there.. Racebak 2.1 (Under Hydration Packs -> Wearable Hydration)

Wearable "Airbag" cum hydration system?   :Claugh:

Searched some websites for more info

http://www.singletrackworld.com/2009/01/introducing-the-racebak-the-camelbak-you-wear/

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Camelbak_RaceBak_21_Wearable_Hydration_Pack/5360041706/

Offline Wally247

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 02:30:00 PM »
I have tried all differnt types of hydration bladder and as far as i can tell they all have one feature in common...

THEIR ABILITY TO LEAK WATTER ALL DOWN YOUR BACK!!!!!!
lol i have given up on them and an now goint to experiment with attachable drinks holders
Do people think one or two? as surly one would affect wait distribution??? let me know... ta

Btw sorry if this is all moving i cant seem to stop it!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 02:37:23 PM by Spud »
:
                                                          click for details

bocking puts the spring back in you step...

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 02:42:38 PM »
Code: [Select]
[move][color=red][size=20pt]THEIR ABILITY TO LEAK WATTER ALL DOWN YOUR BACK!!!!!![/size][/color]move]You see the last move tag? It is incomplete and not even a closing tag so anything after the first one moved and that showed up as text. Needed to look like the other ones next to it ;)

I have seen a pic of a drink holder on the knee bar. I would just worry about the bottle flying out when doing tricks. But I wouldn't use a camelpack either. would be more likely to tho. I got one about and it hasn't leaked. But in all fairness I have only used it on my bike when I had to go everywhere on it.

:spudT:

Offline Wally247

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 05:32:41 PM »
Cheers Spud  :Csmile:
i used mine for mountainearing expeditons and speed hikes ect... lastime i ended up with a soaking bag, back and it was a night nav... damn irritating lol
:
                                                          click for details

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 05:43:40 PM »
I think the bag mine goes in is waterproof on the inside  :D

Offline Wally247

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 05:53:04 PM »
That would help... i now just use waterbottles/canttens
:
                                                          click for details

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 06:16:29 PM »
Yep I just about had the bike bottle cage sussed  but then flew to Spain with it attached to the bock...got bent about abit and not put back. 

Doing walk 4 life on sunday and normally there is a freeby bt of water at start in middle and at end and last year another freebee just after start. The trick  guys, is actually to remember to drink and slowly but continuously as any1 who saw 'rancher' do a back flip at the end of the day last year will attest --he was well dehydrated.

At mo I just carry a 1l bt of water  bigger is a pain to hold smaller is not enuff.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 06:25:28 PM »
At EA meets we tend to make camp by the moat and dump out stuff there (and I look after it while people eat :P) but anyhoo..I usually buy a big bottle of water and limeade at the beginning of the day for everybody to share. If there is a drink for people to drink then they will have some in situations when they wouldn't bother going to buy one.

Dark Knight

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 06:41:37 PM »
I started a topic of this a couple of years ago on the same topic.

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=948.0

I do own a Camel backpack but I think I have used it once ! I really can't see the need to carry water with me ! It's not that we live in the middle of nowhere but some of us feel like that  :Ctwitcy:

I have a drink before I go bocking and then after I've finished. While I'm bocking a I want a drink I just look for a shop and buy one, some shop may not let you in but you can always ask at the doorway for help.  :Cyes:

Offline lynch

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 06:59:05 PM »
dk i have a Camel backpack but i wanted to knwo if any one attached it to teh stilt

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 09:09:03 PM »
here here dk   if i was boking the great silk route  id go equiped.

otherwise, i use tesco express :Csmile:

Offline Donkey Kong

• EA Bocker
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 09:38:29 PM »
camel backpacks are the best!

sex and drugs and sausage rolls! :D:D

Offline Tracker

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 04:24:07 PM »
you could get one of these http://www.primelineintl.com/spring.htm

Offline lilspeedsk8ter

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 06:36:14 AM »
I think I finally found a way to gain "Free Extra Weight" as I only weigh around 97 pounds put 2 gallons of water one on each leg and between the water and the stilt itself I gain 16 pounds per leg, total of 32 pounds, WHOA only problem is I can not exceed the Raptor Max of say 132-156 pounds/50-70KG though or would it hurt me any doing this?
I even thought about filling my kneebar tubes with Sand/concrete/rocks maybe, lol but know it would leak out sooner or later?
I now have the Phat Cuff so to fill a bar with sand etc would not work well I figure?
I already have strong legs because of my Inline (Rollerblading) Speed Skating int he past?
Any other ideas other than "EAT", lol :Cbiggrin:
LKP

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2009, 02:17:20 PM »
erm dont use sand concrette etc that would just be stupid sooner or later you would need to take them off or do sumin with the bars and it could cause you problems

Only thing to do other then adding weight would be to learn to bounce proply im not saying you cant now but if you put your bounce thru your heels when you do it you will bounce a hell of alot better

i dont understand Pounds to Killograms so cant give any good ideas if you convert to KG would probly get more advise from people dude

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2009, 03:16:57 PM »
According to google
97 pounds = 43.9984599 kilograms

I'm not sure why you've posted this under "drinks holder", Larry, but I wouldn't have thought water would work too well as it's going to slosh around in the container a bit, as there will always be a small amount of air in there. As far as I've seen you don't have "strong legs", your only claim to fame is you've broken a pair of skyrunners, which just about everybody can do.

Before thinking about increasing your weight you really need to think about improving your technique for jumping, as it is still very poor. You do not use your arms at all, and barely seem to put any power into the downwards movement. You really need to push down hard with your heels, bending your knees slightly.

I'd advise you follow this:

Offline Fysh

• Hello ;)
    • Bubble-Bytes
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2009, 04:55:47 PM »
The Camel thingamy-bobs are the best, in my opinion :)