Author Topic: Q's CB idea  (Read 8687 times)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Q's CB idea
« on: April 21, 2009, 07:57:14 PM »
Q is having some kinda problem making topics and asked me to post this for him

Well me darfgarf his missus lindsey un dave did a field trip.

sussex uni being gits --its a wonderfull place. So plan b   there is a place --called the levels  small park ( sameish size as the cardiff area)  on 2 sides there is a 6-70 cm retaining wall with a raised bank behind. Next to it is a quite good sk8 park --nice wooden ramps un nice sized area. It is rite bang slap in middle of brighton.  Think evening/nite bock friday nite on sea front.  ive got a fingers crossed camp site lined up  So sat is a bock along the prom to the site above. Ill also have my crash mat there.

Theme being a v laid back ' bocking on the beach'.

If peeps want a diff weekend to 18 july  29 aug --fine just some1 else runs show live  un i arrive sat afternoon.
Just  need to square things with the nice 'Jo' from the council.

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
Re: Q's CB idea
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 08:03:53 PM »
i only have one request regarding anything CB
I go to the racing school 24th August
so can it be before then so i can come an have a last bock and a laugh before i go off to hard work long days no weekends etc
Love
Mini Ellis xxxx

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 08:11:12 PM »
Q, you are a genius, I'll have chat with Muncher and see what he thinks. You've got a lot further than the rest of us have!

Ideally I think it'll have to be on the weekend of the 15/16th Aug or 22/23rd. Preferably the first dates as that's the weekend we set down to always have CB on :D

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 08:23:50 PM »
just so you guys know, it's a lovely place, as something being done about this now i'll quickly write a webpage with the pics from our outing on it, i uploaded them a while back, but they're just sat in the ftp server

EDIT: here you go, yes they're huge and stuff but stfu :P  mostly of the uni though, with a few nice poses :D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 08:29:45 PM by darfgarf »

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 08:50:51 PM »
rite well ta  --but steady

Jo seems nice  but gotta still be nice with her to get the spot. But the 'body language 'of the emails is good. Ill post some stuff off 2 here un  a campsite ive an eye on ( hotels --well i think brighton has 1 or 2 --can fill in l8erz).

Obviously many a slip between cup un lip  but Id hope to have a def ya or no by end of week. So shouldnt stop london plans progressing.

If we can get this spot i really think it would b sweet ( un T will b sooo jealous )

But please dont think big   this is all the result of 20-30 min googling   5-6 emails  and a road trip ( which was fun anyways--xcept running out of petrol and --honest ask darfgarf- freewheeling to our destination . leaving them bocking un me trudging off to a petrol station doh)

But please peeps email me or pm me a link to a cb08 vid  that would b helpful  i want 'lots of peeps --being safe'

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 09:21:01 PM »
can i just point out that it was said that CB09 would be on th weekend of the 22/23rd of august, so people may have booked this weekend off and may be unable to change dates, therefore if the date was changed lots of people may not be able to come. so the event wouldnt be as big as everyone hopes and unfair for the people who want to go but the date was changed from what was said.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 09:24:49 PM »
--honest ask darfgarf- freewheeling to our destination

wasn't freewheeling for me, i had to push you, though your car is bloody light so meh

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 09:33:16 PM »
can i just point out that it was said that CB09 would be on th weekend of the 22/23rd of august
That was never actually stated anywhere, Jelly merely said she had booked those dates off as holiday.

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 09:38:47 PM »
it was stated by more than just jelly that 22/23rd would be a suitable date. locky asked if anyone would have any objections and no-one said anything.

Offline Jelly

• jagermeister is the bocking medicine
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 07:36:15 PM »
Q thats a great idea! As for the CB dates no-one said anything or even said No to these dates. So as far as I and Muncher are concerned we will still be doing the 22/23 August! Jelly x

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2009, 01:32:34 PM »
as far as i know hex may hav already booked off the 22/23 aswell an i should b booking that weekend off as sooon as i get a job lol

xx
lozzi :Cbiggrin:
xx

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2009, 01:50:55 PM »
Theme being a v laid back ' bocking on the beach'.

God I miss living by the beach! I love how you can feel the air changing as you near the coast. I used to live in cyprus and could see the ocean from my house... staffordshire isn't quite the same lol.

I will have to go for a beach bock at some point. =)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2009, 01:54:11 PM »
There is something in the stafford air! I have a bottle of that stuff at home :D Always hyper when I used to go there  :Cbiggrin: But hmmm cyprus, sounds lovely!

:spudT:

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 02:05:25 PM »
Haha - it might be the high atmospheric levels of sky high in the air. ^_^

Cyprus was indeed lovely. =) But there are a few gems in the UK too. =) I went to visit family in Cornwall last year. One day we walked over the crest of a hill on the coast and were stunned to see a hidden cove with golden sand, surrounded on three sides with grassy hills and bright flowers. And the water was crystal and blue. I couldn't believe it! ^_^ Apart from how green the grass was I could have mistaken it for Cyprus. ^_^

I love the coast! I even miss living in Norwich. I think you'd agree the water is far from blue! lol. But it's still nice to be able to drive to the beach whenevr you feel like it. =)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2009, 02:14:55 PM »
Yes, must have been that sky high :P althoo. I think it was more than year a go :D

Cornwall really is lovely..hmmm...nice..somerset is ok..but I dont wanna go back there lol. Isle of white FTW. now that is awesome.

I like norwich..at college there now :) But lol..the sea, it's not too nice. Nor are the beaches. Altho..sea pauling is nice, so is horsey. ever been there near christmas? Best thing ever.

:spudT:

Edit..we are sooo going off topic LMAO

• Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 02:33:24 PM »
Lol - Yeah sorry... sooo, great idea for CB Q had. Sounds good. =) lol.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 05:12:13 PM »
hi guys

some good but ultimatly bad news.

Brighton are pretty positive, well Ive got 2 nice big forms to fill out. 1st detiling plans for event and the 2nd a risk assesment. Daunting but standard I think. But then they ask for copy of insurance !!

Now that puts us about where Matt was last year. It would cost , I believe, somat in the order of £5-600. At cardiff Matt knew the crowds would not be too great and there were not to many guards about and he could still call the meet without paying up.

Unfortunatly Im not in the same position, Brighton will be packed and there will be lots of council employees about if required. We can only do this 1 with the council behind us Its a great pity as it was a great all over venuse and id a few other things to add in.I could advance the money no probs. But,  not sure you lot would pay me back hehehe ( well you would but its getting l8 and not sure of numbers for the event). Also whilst I know it a good venue and a great time would be had Ive not had enuff time to work on all the aspects ( remember I actually live 100 miles away from venue) so I wouldnt feel full value for money would be given.

That given, I feel I cant progress with project.

So, 1st Im really sorry for getting hopes up for people and delaying other people in their plans. 2nd , in small groups Brighton is well worth a visit, take in the Falmer campus of Sussex Uni just out of town ( its open to the public --but not big groups I tried there too). 3rd It was still a good exercise to go threw and confirmed ( insurance excepted) that if broken down into component parts an event like this really isnt difficult. Im certainly going to be looking at southcoast venues  that will not have too many people about that could just be used, however, thats for the future cos I need to see them over the summer.  But Id trust I had some revals then.

Id like to thank in advance and wish Sprog and Muncher well for stepping in to put a London meet together ( un to be honest that was always my fav Idea). Ive chucked some suggestions at them already and if they want Ive got 1 or 2 more.

Again , sorry to get peeps hopes up. Its just I had to touch base to find out info and see if I was heading in the right direction.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 08:04:33 PM »
Just a thought Q would they be happy if everyone attending had their own insurance as in public liability
That way you wouldn't have to lay out and only people with insurance may attend

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 09:39:34 PM »
I doubt they would Jason and I'm not sure we'd even get insurance for an outdoors event like this unless it was something completely sealed off from the public.

For what its worth, Cardiff Council were complete arses about last year and just a few days before the event they pulled out of it altogether and me and my MP threatened to take it to the press. At the last minute they said ok you can have you're event but its nothing to do with us and as far as we're concerned you are just a large group of bockers, each personally responsible for ourselves in every way.