Author Topic: How long did it take till your first fall?  (Read 31894 times)

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
Re: How long did it take till your first fall?
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2009, 10:56:17 PM »
The first time I went on my Bocks I fell 3 times.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2009, 10:58:53 PM »
that all?!!!  think we ALL suprised at that  :Cwink:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2009, 11:55:34 PM »
2 and a half months since i got them and i still havnt fallen over :D

I've done some pretty interesting dances to keep my balance though.

I've also plonked myself onto the floor a few times so i could force myself to get back up. Which i can do now :D

Had them wowed at warrington :P i could get up off the grass xD

anyway, yeah, i havnt fallen yet :P
we wont mention what happend when i tried it :)

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2009, 11:57:53 PM »
(yes double post sorry)
but!! i fell over in the first 5 seconds :P i put them on walked into living room and fell over XD hehe then fell over in back garden too lol

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline robinangered

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2009, 09:55:58 PM »
i fall the first time i tried them inside my home, i was going to stand up and i fell down forward but i never hurt myself.

since that day i have never ever fall with my  :PJ101Ian: , i have been using them for about 1 month now 3-5 hour everyday after work, walking, running, jumping but not jumping high, i think im in need of pads before trying jumping high, but all the kids around me keeps roar "make flip/volt" but i would never do that  :Claugh: dont want to break my neck :Cbiggrin:

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2009, 12:02:38 AM »
I forgot to mention the first time I fell earned me a very badly sprained wrist, I can safely say I have now gone past the 200 mark on the amount of falls I have had.

Offline W3bbo

• Bockipedia
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2009, 04:24:05 AM »
I've been lucky because my sense of self-preservation is too strong :)

The first time I crashed was into someone: I was heading home from my local train station after my first bocking meet (okay, it was just 2 of us) in Manchester in the summer of 2008 a few weeks before Capital Bocking 08. There's a road that goes downhill from my station then around the corner, and on this hill is a bus-stop.

Bocking down a hill doesn't seem that bad, but I was carrying my empty stilt bag on my back, using the grip-straps as shoulder straps (nothing wrong with that, but it did throw my balance off a bit), factor in the fact my legs were already kinda tired from the day anyway meant I promptly collapsed into the arms of a hapless soul who was standing at the stop (fortunately he was the only one too). It wasn't a proper "fall" as my knees never touched the floor, I just collapsed into his chest and he helped me get back up. I apologised most profusely and excused myself "I'm new to this", he muttered something about it "being alright" and I was on my way, stepping down the road and around the corner. I don't think too many people saw.

After that I was more-or-less alright, my fear of falling has stopped me from pushing myself into doing tricks that actually impress people.

The next time I fell was about 9 months later just after the end of the academic term (June 2009), I had some postal-rent DVDs I needed to return so I thought I'd bock down to my halls of residence's reception (in another building, about 250m from my block), but my blood-sugar and energy were really low; I got off to a good start and picked up some speed as I went round my hall's block but as I approached the access road I started to lose control over my legs and I just wanted to crash as soon as I could, but I didn't want to land on the concrete I was standing on. Along the path was another guy, I overtook him before promptly feeling totally exhausted and I aimed directly for a flowerbed a few metres in front of him, I lent over to my right and fell onto my forearm and landing on my back with a small thud, I was winded pretty bad. That was my first proper fall. The guy I overtook gingerly walked towards me and I just dismissed him "I'm *gasp* oka *cough*aayy!", he asked me if I made my stilts myself "No, Internet!" and he 'hmphed' and walked off. I later overtook him again, this time on foot, carrying my stilts under my arms and totally out of breath. I don't want to imagine what he thinks of me.

And whilst we're on the subject of falls, here's Biohazard hitting the dirt from CB09 in London:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/w3bbo/3855311576/in/set-72157622131665912/

Offline K8n

• Account Closed.
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2009, 11:46:37 AM »
2 weeks, 1 broken wrist ....
Account Closed

Offline Biohazard

• The 'Crash Test Dummy'
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2009, 09:07:08 PM »
I've been lucky because my sense of self-preservation is too strong :)

The first time I crashed was into someone: I was heading home from my local train station after my first bocking meet (okay, it was just 2 of us) in Manchester in the summer of 2008 a few weeks before Capital Bocking 08. There's a road that goes downhill from my station then around the corner, and on this hill is a bus-stop.

Bocking down a hill doesn't seem that bad, but I was carrying my empty stilt bag on my back, using the grip-straps as shoulder straps (nothing wrong with that, but it did throw my balance off a bit), factor in the fact my legs were already kinda tired from the day anyway meant I promptly collapsed into the arms of a hapless soul who was standing at the stop (fortunately he was the only one too). It wasn't a proper "fall" as my knees never touched the floor, I just collapsed into his chest and he helped me get back up. I apologised most profusely and excused myself "I'm new to this", he muttered something about it "being alright" and I was on my way, stepping down the road and around the corner. I don't think too many people saw.

After that I was more-or-less alright, my fear of falling has stopped me from pushing myself into doing tricks that actually impress people.

The next time I fell was about 9 months later just after the end of the academic term (June 2009), I had some postal-rent DVDs I needed to return so I thought I'd bock down to my halls of residence's reception (in another building, about 250m from my block), but my blood-sugar and energy were really low; I got off to a good start and picked up some speed as I went round my hall's block but as I approached the access road I started to lose control over my legs and I just wanted to crash as soon as I could, but I didn't want to land on the concrete I was standing on. Along the path was another guy, I overtook him before promptly feeling totally exhausted and I aimed directly for a flowerbed a few metres in front of him, I lent over to my right and fell onto my forearm and landing on my back with a small thud, I was winded pretty bad. That was my first proper fall. The guy I overtook gingerly walked towards me and I just dismissed him "I'm *gasp* oka *cough*aayy!", he asked me if I made my stilts myself "No, Internet!" and he 'hmphed' and walked off. I later overtook him again, this time on foot, carrying my stilts under my arms and totally out of breath. I don't want to imagine what he thinks of me.

And whilst we're on the subject of falls, here's Biohazard hitting the dirt from CB09 in London:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/w3bbo/3855311576/in/set-72157622131665912/

Haha, I remember that. I'm glad I tried that though (got it right in the end) since now I am trying much bigger drops/steps and other things (like fail front flips).
I guess I am the most dangerous and accident prone bocker on the forum.

Offline BigAl

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2010, 01:16:14 PM »
First fall took me about 3 weeks at my first roper meet, I'd already aced tucks, split kicks and single spring grabs and then decided to walk down a flight of stairs, knocked my spring off the stair and just dropped. i landed on my left wrist which I'd broken some 3 months before but got straight back up and was like "was that it?"
Big Al

Hoping to help make Bocking the new Tony Hawks!

Offline Bacon Miller

« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2010, 11:24:33 AM »
The ground in my garden is uneven and I tried walking to the shed and back on my first day (from a trampoline that I was holding onto). Needless to say, the ground had a small dip in it and I fell forwards - really slowly. XD I've only fallen once or twice after that.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2010, 07:18:52 PM »
Bio   yep like 'mega failed' flips  u had a crash mat AND a gymnastics coach today and still u didnt try   d'oh      but ya had fun   so no worries

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2010, 08:01:54 PM »
if your not falling your not trying hard enough

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2010, 08:07:52 PM »
greg'   i still think that pix of u  after u 'met' the foad sign is a classic.

A few weeks later I met up with Carl on mallorca and we talked about it un he offered this line.....

' Ive not met the guy yet, but ive seen the sign....and there is a dent in it'

pls pls  post a link :Cyes:

Offline madmonky13

• NXTee
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2010, 08:58:34 PM »
it took me a year to first fall and that was only the other day. (ive still only fallen once.
NXTee.yolasite.com check it out.

Offline spork

• you had me at BACON
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2010, 03:31:29 PM »
i just got my first pair today XD
had them on for haf an hour walkin along my wall tryed to walk without it nd failed....
when you fall dont get back up, just lie there and look awesome :)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2010, 06:36:41 PM »
27 min    spread over 6 days :CGEEK:

Offline robinangered

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2010, 07:31:52 PM »
the first day i tried them out inside my home, was going to stand up and fell infront of my tv :Crealmad: the very first time outside was after 4 month in the winder with about 1meter with snow :Cyes:

Offline xxxxlollypopxxxx

« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2010, 02:51:10 PM »
i got mine today, and it took me about an hour to fall over!  :Ctwitcy:
nothing serious or anything, just fell mainly onto my hands (and i dont have any pads yet), so i got some slight grazing, but it hasnt stopped me wanting to go back out when it stops raining!!

Offline Chris265265

« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2010, 04:27:59 PM »
Haven't fallen over once yet. But I try and learn at a steady rate, and I don't want to cause injury from c*ckyness. It's pretty much how I learn anything - you can't become pro until you learn the basics. And I always learn one thing at a time. First thing was sprinting. Now I'm trying to get the 5ft jumps. I'm at about 3ft at the moment.

Offline Small

« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2010, 08:18:44 PM »
I have had mine 2 hours and my son has all ready pushed me off! Followed by "oh dear, sorry dad"
Small but perfectly formed :)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2010, 08:30:06 PM »
recon he was? hehe

Offline Small

« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2010, 08:56:04 PM »
Yeah he looked really scared as I bounced off the floor.... Followed by that cute giggle kids do hahah
Small but perfectly formed :)

Offline IronVinyl

« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2011, 08:00:44 PM »
Its taken me since I first got my stilts in October but ive finnaly fallen off of them.

I dont think it really counts but i was bouncing home from the shops on them when some teenager came cycling along the pavement and right into me before I could do anything >.<, fell forwards and the little sod cycled off.

severely grazed knee, wrist and elbow, most likely bruised bones aswell. could have been alot worse luckily i managed to grab ahold of a fence to save my fall alittle.

most annoying thing was i ruined a brand new commemorative shirt, lost my pride and punctured one of the tins of beer I had bought 

If theres anything more important than my ego round here, i want it caught and shot now

www.doctorsteel.com    www.Toysoldiersunite.com Join us in our search for a Utopian playland