Author Topic: Drunk guy first time bocking  (Read 10937 times)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
Drunk guy first time bocking
« on: March 08, 2009, 01:55:54 PM »
Drunk guy first time bocking

yes all this guy has NEVER EVER seen stilts this is his first ever time oh yes hes drunk XD but its very funny :D

Aidan smells
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 02:06:44 PM by Spud »

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
Re: Drunk guy first time bocking
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 03:28:23 PM »
Sorry Aidan but what on earth possesed you to put a drunk guy on your bocks who had never even seen them before?
Completely and utterly stupid, and a recipe for disaster (And getting bocking banned wherever you were doing it)

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 05:04:47 PM »
ahh, he was hilarious.... i dont know if he was drunk or not! just damn stupid.

Offline Callum

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 06:14:41 PM »
Lol xD how long was that after i left lol hes an idiot

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 08:53:55 PM »
Good news that you were on grass and it was by the looks of it soft.

Must though agree with sprog if he was drunk.  You set yourself up for problems if you encourage someone onto any form of mechanical device if they are not fit to take part.

Incidentally this also goes for any form of fitness issues. If you let someone have a go on your bocks make sure they have not got a back, knee, leg etc injury or atr not on medication.
Grow old disgracefully

Offline Callum

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 08:57:17 PM »
lol spud nice edit of the post ;)

Offline Fysh

• Hello ;)
    • Bubble-Bytes
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 09:52:20 PM »
Lol! @ Spud

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 11:40:49 PM »
i knew derd be u worrie warts but here the story the place was empty thats why we piked it 2nd he didnt tell me he was drunk until he came off 3rd he said it was the most fun hes ever had and hes gonna get some stilts off projump and so are all his mates

to me that was a preety sucesful run he didnt care about hurting himself he had the time of his life he was so excited

so shut up worrying about bockers reputation this was a confines area there were no people and it was full soft wet grass and we had people around i insisted he worse the protection but he declined

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 11:59:38 PM »
he didnt care about hurting himself he had the time of his life he was so excited

so shut up worrying about bockers reputation this was a confines area there were no people and it was full soft wet grass and we had people around i insisted he worse the protection but he declined
It doesn't matter if he didn't care, it's still your bocks he's using and you should care whether he injures himself. If he refused pads you should have refused him a go. Wet grass is probably the worst surface to learn on, it is incredibly slippery and uneven.
So no, I won't shut up, bocking is being banned in more and more places so we need to be more careful about our activities.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 12:02:46 AM »
bocking is being banned in more and more places so we need to be more careful about our activities.
^^he's right...

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 12:07:02 AM »
bocking is being banned because people are abusing the councils space we were in a free area there were no people to ingure when the people have been banned from bocking they were flipping and tricking ina populated area thus the security and coucil were affraid of getting sued

exactly how does letting a guy fall over get the sport banned

it gives us a funny looking image instead of a serious WE ALL HAVE TO TRICK image 1 passer by stopped and had a gigle it was ment to be funny and it was funny if he started going onto hard surfaces or near people thats wear i wud step in and stop him but he was not endagering anyone and he was not upsetting any council members like u people do when ur tricking

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 12:17:51 AM »
I don't like grumbling but I think if we had let anybody do that in Norwich we would be banned wherever it was. I think you were quite lucky. Safe or not, endangering anybody or not, breaking rules or not..just think...you were quite lucky. You could have been banned from there. Would it have been worth it? If the guy broke something how would you feel? Do you want to encourage that kinda thing.

At all meets when we let somebody new bock for starters you 1 or 2 people helping them until they find their feet, then always somebody close by until they become quite competent. It seems like you let them on for a laugh, it may have been funny this time but it might not always end so nicely and you never know who is watching...

Yes, I'm touchy about this issue because I am always trying to give bockers a good name...and not get negatively branded...so I don't find this stuff cool :(

:spudT:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 12:20:48 AM »
bocking is being banned because people are abusing the councils space we were in a free area there were no people to ingure when the people have been banned from bocking they were flipping and tricking ina populated area thus the security and coucil were affraid of getting sued
99% of land like that is owned by the council, or is private. As such, they can easily ban you if they want.

exactly how does letting a guy fall over get the sport banned
If the guy had fallen over he could have easily sued you for not providing him with adequate protective equipment, and the council as it happened on their land. The council could even ban you for damaging the surface, especially if there was a sign such as "No Balls Games".
Therefore, you can be banned.

it was ment to be funny and it was funny if he started going onto hard surfaces or near people thats wear i wud step in and stop him but he was not endagering anyone
You are clearly not supporting him in the video or providing him with any help, you are just stood there laughing at him. Even at the start of the video he is clearly unstable walking and you still allowed him to run, jump, and consequently fall over very heavily, which does not give you a fun image, it gives you an image that you have no concern for safety.

he was not upsetting any council members like u people do when ur tricking
It's only people who flaunt the rules, do not listen, or put other people in danger (which you were clearly doing here by allowing him to use your bocks without pads) that get us banned. Tricking doesn't equal instant bans.

I got threatened with an ASBO whilst bocking simply for jumping up a ledge with a few other people, they spotted us on CCTV and we were pretty much banned from the area until we emailed the council and complained. Just think about what you're doing, what seems like a laugh to you won't be a laugh to the public or the council, they can easily see it as a danger.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 12:26:32 AM by sprog »

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 12:40:14 AM »
that part of land is used by the public it is owned by the coucil but to sweeten the we were no were near gettin banned up the warden of coucils safety was watching us and having a chukle so we was clearly in no violation

he couldnt of sued me as i offerd protection

secondly how cna u say i was not there to help him i got him up and i cheked his inguries as i have some medical experience i was there with him all the time u cant hear me but i was telling him all the rule of staying up but ignored it i was going to take the stilts off but he was having so much fun i just let him fall over 1 more time

on the video the fall looks hard but it wasnt he was laughing his head off

Warrington loves bockers we give good reputation around here and no one has ever been banned from anywere the most we have been "banned" for is the security guard for the shopping mall didnt want to get a messy floor but we no the rule we dont go inside and we do not trick or be stupid around public

i did not endanger him as i piked the softest part of land there was i tryed offering him help be declined all my efforts people around could see i was there i folowed him constantly as u will see everytime he falls ove ri went to check him over and he was fine

i know what im doing and i know what will and will not get us banned

if u think flips dont get u banned why has everyone been banned from the forum which as people point out was a brilliant place to bock

i dont bock in populated areas when crowds develope we ether push them back or move on so is not to ingure people

we have a good reputation warrington loves bockers and think were crazy mad fun people everyone knows it was abit of fun and thats all

i will not carry on this descution as i no i was not in the wrong it was mearly a laugh that you just havent got the sense of humor for

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 12:49:21 AM »
secondly how cna u say i was not there to help him i got him up and i cheked his inguries as i have some medical experience i was there with him all the time u cant hear me but i was telling him all the rule of staying up but ignored it i was going to take the stilts off but he was having so much fun i just let him fall over 1 more time...

...i did not endanger him as i piked the softest part of land there was i tryed offering him help be declined all my efforts people around could see i was there i folowed him constantly as u will see everytime he falls ove ri went to check him over and he was fine

i know what im doing and i know what will and will not get us banned
So the guy is ignoring your advice on how to learn, refuses pads, and still you feel it is ok to let him carry on? And you think that isn't endangering him or pushing at the chance of being banned? Seriously?

if u think flips dont get u banned why has everyone been banned from the forum which as people point out was a brilliant place to bock
Because they didn't listen. It wasn't the flips that resulted in them being banned, it was the fact they were asked NOT to flip, which they ignored and carried on doing. I am not blaming anyone for that, it was the entire group's fault for not listening to the staff's requests.

i will not carry on this descution as i no i was not in the wrong it was mearly a laugh that you just havent got the sense of humor for
Maybe you should merely opt to not continue with this discussion until you get a dictionary and know how to spell.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 12:53:36 AM »
ARGH

ur so iratating

we didnt get banned everyone was happy

ok clear done

dont take the p**s outa my typos ok i may not be the brightest bulb in the shop but when people like you think you know everything just annoys me so much ur not perfect so stop picking out other people's mistakes

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 01:02:30 AM »
About the forum.

2 weeks before the meet we got banned from the forum we were asked not to flip by the first aider there. He said he wasnt willing to put anybodies heads back together...

The meet we were banned we were banned because we were a risk to each other. Although we should not of flipped there I am pretty sure the two incidences were completely separate and I doubt the second person that banned us was aware of what happened the previous meet...it was very informal.

The reason was not because we were flipping, or ignoring instructions not to do so..but simple being there, and being a risk to the public. I think the flips just made people aware of it thats all..so yes..maybe if we didnt flip we would have been ok...but only because we were "lying low".

I dont really have anything else to add to this. I just hope things dont get like norwich has. It's not cool. Flips, letting people on bocks, tricking. Its all the same if not done responsibly.

:spudT:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 01:05:25 AM »
But still you risked being banned, that is my point. In future you should think more about your actions and the safety of others, that is all.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 01:08:28 AM »
Totally agree. It was stupid.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 01:11:37 AM »
gawd ur all safety bothers

we wernt banned and it wasnt risky coz i new were we were and i spoke to the manager of the lotment called nick white he loves stilts :P he wants a go XD

anyway sorry guys for maybe letting the side down i wont let ppl have a go next time save the fuss

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 01:11:49 AM »
ARGH

dont take the p**s outa my typos ok i may not be the brightest bulb in the shop but when people like you think you know everything just annoys me so much ur not perfect so stop picking out other people's mistakes

Trust me it's not just your typo's you need to worry about. You have a complete lack of punctuation and any grammar. I really struggle to read your posts. It might be a good idea to type your posts in Word and do a spell & grammar check, then copy & paste into the forum.

As for the video...meh it was complete and utter dross. It doesn't show the sport in a good light and wasn't even amusing. You have every right to post it though and by that same token people have the right to slam it. If you post it on a public forum expect people to tell you exactly what they think.

end of chat

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 01:17:53 AM »
we wernt banned and it wasnt risky coz i new were we were and i spoke to the manager of the lotment called nick white he loves stilts :P he wants a go XD
It doesn't matter if you know the area, it is still a risk. Why only add you spoke to the manager now?

end of chat
Yessir ;)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 01:29:07 AM »
well hes a to**er i dnt like nick

and ET my posts arnt that hard to read TBH its teenage fast msn typing i sometimes trip over my words but its still english maybe ur gettin to the age u need glasses
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 01:32:34 AM by aidanh1 »

Offline dannyboy

• Did Some1 Say Bocking? *BoingBoing*
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 01:35:34 AM »
Maybe Aidan Is Getting To The Age Where They Use That Thing Called "dictionary" or Just Plane Simple Things Like Trying To Spell Corectly :)

But U Gotta Admit Was Funny But We Told Him and Stoped Him From Going To The Concrete

Case Closed Move On And Shush :D

P.S I Have a Right For Typos Sumtimes. Cos Im Younger Then 70% of You :Ctongue:
\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Live Hard!\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Bock Harder!/
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2009, 01:41:56 AM »
well hes a to**er i dnt like nick

and ET my posts arnt that hard to red TBH its teenage fast msn typing i sometimes trip over my words but its still english maybe ur gettin to the age u need glasses

You are joking obviously, it has zero to do with my eyesight. Please dont push back your lack of English language skills onto to me. I can clearly see what you are writing, it's just very hard to make sense of it. I see your biggest problem is taking ownership of your short comings. You are young and of a generation that cannot accept it is in the wrong.....good luck with that