Author Topic: help with flips  (Read 3396 times)

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
help with flips
« on: March 03, 2009, 09:17:04 AM »
well yeah, as can be seen here:  http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1421

i can definately get enough rotation for flips, well fronts at least, jsut wondering if anyone had any tips on how to jump upwards instead of forwards on the take-off

reckon playing with my footplate angles could help?or should i focus on getting my body working right on take off more?

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Re: help with flips
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:07:11 AM »
going up instead of forwards, this is best achieved with a long forward jump just before on the jump before you flip.....
check out k-rocks fronts on this vid for examples

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 01:00:25 PM »
Darf.. a bad 'whatever' can sometimes blame his tools blah blah blah.. So you need to set your stilts up so there comfy for all use.. CAnt be changing them back and forth to do different stuff! that would be a little silly..

Flipping with lots of height can be harder for some, but the main thing with doing different type of fronts is al to do with useing your arms in conjunction with your bounce.. Your throwing low and rotating very close to the ground? then if you want more height its quite simple to say that you need to throw your arms UP towards the sky more to get more height with your flips.

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 01:14:05 PM »
then if you want more height its quite simple to say that you need to throw your arms UP towards the sky more to get more height with your flips.

so throw arms up for the height, and then try and bring legs up and over for the tuck, instead of throwing my torso underneath my legs?  sounds possible, not doing too badly though seeing as i've never landed flips on anything, except land bad ones on the floor  :Claugh: