Author Topic: Eating and Drinking ( in a gym )  (Read 6379 times)

Dark Knight

Eating and Drinking ( in a gym )
« on: February 26, 2009, 08:46:22 PM »
When your at a gym it's easy to just grab you drink and move around the gym with it. There are two problems with this.

1) Once you start bocking your drinks bottle can become a trip hazard for others.
2) Should you spill any drink it can make the floor slippy to bock on.

The same can also be said about eating but with the add danger that you could choke on food your still eating if you start bouncing before you finish.

Both these can easily be sorted by just set as side one area only where you can drink or eat, and making the rest of the gym a no go area.
 No gym's that big you need water right next to at all time. If you need a drink it's not that hard to go for a drink, remembering to be careful in that area because of the above dangers !
 This will also make tidying up forwards a lot easier as well as any mess should be in that area.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
Re: Eating and Drinking ( in a gym )
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 09:51:20 PM »
You buy a sports drink bottle with one of the pop-cap lids, and just push it down shut after you finish drinking. Sorted.

Also common sense states you would put bottles against the wall out of the way or in an appropriate area, rather than spread across the floor as a trip hazard.

The same can also be said about eating but with the add danger that you could choke on food your still eating if you start bouncing before you finish.
In that case you're an idiot who obviously cannot chew and swallow appropriately.

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 10:35:37 PM »
Bit harsh really sprog, seems sensible enough to me....

but is it me, or is DK, or some other unknown force trying to pasteurize, standardize and homogenize gym meets with rules and regulations?

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 11:15:43 PM »
Trip hazards and water on the floor are what make Gym meets exciting  :Claugh:

The main slip hazard is Bockers that actually put a bit of effort in sweating all over the floor (better to all be wallflowers and be safe  :Cwink:)

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 11:18:51 PM »
Bit harsh really sprog, seems sensible enough to me....

but is it me, or is DK, or some other unknown force trying to pasteurize, standardize and homogenize gym meets with rules and regulations?
I worked in gym's for a number of years and and see some stupid things like people chewing gum when doing an aerobic workout. And who's not been bocking and been eating, what may happen if you then sliped ?
I once had a nasty slip on someones drinking water and bashed both my knee caps.
Not everyone uses a drinks bottle and what about people who just buy a bottle/tin out of a vending machine with not proper top.
I've been teaching newbies and they love to hug the wall if a bottle is placed next to the wall they'll kick it, which could mean half a tin of coke spinning it's way across the gym with drink going all over the place ( I've see this happen ).
Kas you said it yourself it's "sensible enough" these rules and regulations are to  help everyone to be safe.

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 01:03:18 PM »
IT should all be just common sense really. People can be dumb and forget.. but a little quiet word with someone who ignorantly leaves a glass or whatever of drink and a burger in the middle of the floor should be addressed straight away.

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 01:29:31 PM »
IT should all be just common sense really. People can be dumb and forget.. but a little quiet word with someone who ignorantly leaves a glass or whatever of drink and a burger in the middle of the floor should be addressed straight away.
It's also helps when packing up afterward ?
Some poeple don't understand what bins are for nd leave their empty bottles where ever ?

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 01:48:58 PM »
You buy a sports drink bottle with one of the pop-cap lids, and just push it down shut after you finish drinking. Sorted.

Yea and be careful when you push down the pop cap lids with your tongue .... it REALLY hurts if you get it stuck in there!  :Ctwitcy:

:Cbiggrin:

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 03:41:39 PM »
LOL. ^_^

I usually hate it when people just post lol... but Bexx made me laugh and I have nothing useful to contribute to the thread (as it is just common sense). But lol-worthy posts should be recognised. ^_^
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 04:04:10 PM »
LOL. ^_^

I usually hate it when people just post lol... but Bexx made me laugh and I have nothing useful to contribute to the thread (as it is just common sense). But lol-worthy posts should be recognised. ^_^

Yes i am sorry about my post ..... but if you do get your tongue stuck, it could be that you fall over in the gym in pain and possibly land on someone else in the process or even a 'domino' effect could take place ... and the moral of the story is, USE YOUR TEETH AND NOT YOUR TONGUE to close your pop lid on your drink bottle (I do ever since i got my tongue stuck)

and its my goal in life to make people laugh, either at me or with me-- i dont care ---

but in all serious-ness ..... respect and safety go hand in hand  ..... and its sad but true that some people really lack that common sence.

*OMG people chewing gum and working out??? WHY?? This is nearly as bad as when i see people smoking while on a bike :Cswoon:

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes