Author Topic: Capital Bockin 09  (Read 12166 times)

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
Capital Bockin 09
« on: February 17, 2009, 09:15:03 AM »
Isit happenin an where isit if it is

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Capital Bockin 09
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:19:59 AM »
Most (all) of the chat about CB is on the other forum. But, at the moment it looks like its gonna be held in Norwich  :Cbiggrin:

:spudT:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 11:15:48 PM »
Nice try Spud  :Claugh:

You'll get Clive and me up there somehow  :Claugh: even if you have to hi-jack CB

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 11:19:43 PM »
Wasn't my idea!!!! But if it gets you here I will do anythign to make ti happen  :Ctwitcy: Now, make sure you drive, little hard to let down your tires if you come on the train  :Ctongue:

Dark Knight

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 11:39:13 PM »
Wasn't my idea!!!! But if it gets you here I will do anythign to make ti happen  :Ctwitcy: Now, make sure you drive, little hard to let down your tires if you come on the train  :Ctongue:

I would say it was your idea but then again I wouldn't say it wasn't ?

Re: CB 2009
« Reply #214 on: January 17, 2009, 03:42:25 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I already talked to Locky about Norwich. We have meets there loads. Its great for the EAs but just isnt enough space for CB 

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:42:06 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 11:42:39 PM »
Yeah, I did have the idea but didnt pursue or put it forward like muncher has. So good on him  :thumbs:

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 11:55:52 PM »
Yeah, I did have the idea but didnt pursue or put it forward like muncher has. So good on him  :thumbs:

We have had London, middle'ish.
Cardiff the West
Norwich will be East
What next South or North  :lol:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 09:09:12 PM »
Looks like I better get my tent ready Norwich here we come  :Claugh:

Dark Knight

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 09:26:27 PM »
Looks like I better get my tent ready Norwich here we come  :Claugh:

Don't you need two tents ?
Don't you feet stick out the bottom  :Claugh:

Offline Jelly

• jagermeister is the bocking medicine
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 11:16:19 PM »
Well muncher has been big on the idea of norwich for a long time, 1. because hes from there and 2. because no one was arranging anything and it wasnt fair on Locky, sprog and becky to arrange something again. Any more info about it will be posted up as soon as possible. jelly x

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 11:18:28 PM »
ill be where ever the meet is prsnly dnt think norwich is big enuf but will only find out on the day lol, jelly i jus fell in love with u u like jeigermeister (an u gd lookin lol) (an u bock) but most of all jeigermiester girl well have a few the next time i see you xxxx

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 11:25:12 PM »
I was just thinking...any news on the dates?

There is a big juggling convention in Norwich from the 19th to 23rd of august with workshops and stuff being held around the city and mostly at the forum. They have just moved the dates to these. I was just thinking, the forum is one of the best places to bock. If that is full of circussy people then its kinda gonna be out of bounds. Just a thought. But it could have it's benefits also.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 01:36:02 AM »
Well muncher has been big on the idea of norwich for a long time, 1. because hes from there and 2. because no one was arranging anything and it wasnt fair on Locky, sprog and becky to arrange something again. Any more info about it will be posted up as soon as possible. jelly x
If Pete gives me a shout on facebook I'm more than happy to throw together the logo and whatnot like I have every year :)

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 05:29:31 PM »
If Pete gives me a shout on facebook I'm more than happy to throw together the logo and whatnot like I have every year :)

You might want to consider replacing 'Capital' with 'Norwich'.....

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 07:09:50 PM »
Nah, as it's still the "capital" event of the year in the UK :)

Offline Jelly

• jagermeister is the bocking medicine
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 08:44:35 PM »
I thought Norwich was an ok idea and obviously Muncher did too! Ok so its not a Capital and it is quite small but he is blonde so hes got an excuse, but its something. And nothing else was being done. Maybe we could change it to CCB, as in City Centre Bocking. As there is only 4 Capitals in the UK and not much choice to choose from. Where else can we hold it if it has to be a Capital???

England - The capital is London.

Scotland - The capital is Edinburgh .

Wales - The capital is Cardiff.

Northern Ireland - The capital is Belfast.

Jelly x

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 08:50:48 PM »
Why does it need to be a capital?  And if you're going to throw the meaning of the word "capital" argument, may I point out the that actual definition is, "a centre more associated with a particular product, asset or activity than any other place."  It can also be taken to be defined as, "first-rate".  So, why are we limiting Capital Bocking to capital cities?

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 09:48:10 PM »
I thought Norwich was an ok idea and obviously Muncher did too! Ok so its not a Capital and it is quite small but he is blonde so hes got an excuse, but its something. And nothing else was being done. Maybe we could change it to CCB, as in City Centre Bocking. As there is only 4 Capitals in the UK and not much choice to choose from. Where else can we hold it if it has to be a Capital???

England - The capital is London.

Scotland - The capital is Edinburgh .

Wales - The capital is Cardiff.

Northern Ireland - The capital is Belfast.

Jelly x

You should be a geography teacher jelly :P x

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 12:19:45 AM »
Why does it need to be a capital?  And if you're going to throw the meaning of the word "capital" argument, may I point out the that actual definition is, "a centre more associated with a particular product, asset or activity than any other place."  It can also be taken to be defined as, "first-rate".  So, why are we limiting Capital Bocking to capital cities

Its a capital city because when I started it, that was the intention, to have the big meet of the year at capital cities. Its not an arguament, thats just the way it is. I could even understand Birmingham or Manchester as they are the next largest cities in England but Norwich....I really dont understand that.

Dark Knight

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 12:31:00 AM »
CB did start off has CAPITAL bocking has in the CAPITAL of England ( LONDON ). But wanting to move it away from London the CAPITAL come to mean MAJOR, BEST and not so much a local more the event itself. This mean that as long as an event is called CB that what it is !!

Capital Bocking is now not a place, it's the event and so could be held anywhere !

:Cbiggrin:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 12:43:50 AM »
Why does it need to be a capital?  And if you're going to throw the meaning of the word "capital" argument, may I point out the that actual definition is, "a centre more associated with a particular product, asset or activity than any other place."  It can also be taken to be defined as, "first-rate".  So, why are we limiting Capital Bocking to capital cities

Its a capital city because when I started it, that was the intention, to have the big meet of the year at capital cities. Its not an arguament, thats just the way it is. I could even understand Birmingham or Manchester as they are the next largest cities in England but Norwich....I really dont understand that.

manchester :) yes to that id love to go to a capital bocking event but i live like 500 miles away from london :P i live in warrington just outside of manchester

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 01:11:22 AM »

Capital Bocking is now not a place, it's the event and so could be held anywhere !

It always was an event not location.... I think you miss the point

Dark Knight

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 05:18:55 AM »

Offline English-tailor

• Elite Member
  • Piste off MoFo's
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 05:28:28 AM »

You highlight that like it validates your point. Capital Bocking was always an event and not just a location ( as in a singular location) but it's primary intention was, and should still be, to be held in major cities. Its not just a name attached to an event, there is meaning behind it. Whatever arguament yoy put forward, Norwich does not now and I doubt ever will, come into the spectrum that is Capital Bocking.

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 03:25:58 AM »
Erm just to rub salt into a wound for a few people Norwich is a banned location more or less of the two only fairly good locations in Norwich the EA's have managed to get banned from one of them and i personally don't want to have capital bockin in Norwich its not big enough were half banned from there as it is why take 200+ bockers to Norwich to all get stuck in the moat with no were to go be serious

Capital Bocking to me suggests Capital City London, Cardiff, Edinburgh Belfast Paris Etc (last 2 bit to far) we cant change the meaning of the title just to suit an event that a few people want to do, i don't understand how everyone can say that London is 2 far away i mean how many people turned up to the first Capital bocking in the rain aswel' guys just face facts Capital Cities are the best for the event not fake capitals of an area Norwich is no Capital City.

London has the space for us the sites to go an visit to get big crowds to embrace the sport and make it more in front of people faces, London eye for example we never went there the first time round and with a 2 day stint we could pretty much do all of London and to be perfectly honest ET came up with the idea for Capital bocking so without ETs original idea and effort to organise it you probably would'nt have an event to try ripping to pieces

(sorry for all typos)