Author Topic: March Meet  (Read 4587 times)

Offline CJ

March Meet
« on: February 11, 2009, 07:12:42 PM »
hi guys

how about getting everyone together for a Birmingham meet one Weekend in March would be good to meet more people who bock around here

CJ :PJ1:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
Re: March Meet
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 07:21:48 PM »
Is there any chance of getting a gym?
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 09:21:42 PM »
YES and YES.
Pinhead and i have secured 2 gyms in birmingham this week, we will be hitting sessions at each until we decide which we prefer, we are in talks for securing pricing and dates right now.
so ill let you both know, as soon as we have dates i will be posting them like a lunatic

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Callum

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 09:33:48 PM »
I just looked at google maps and from where i live its about 1hour 30mins i would have to see if my dad would bring me but he said he would problly stay with me but he woukld be bored so i dont know

Offline CJ

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 02:11:36 AM »
nero what gyms you looking at??

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 03:39:01 AM »
Cool, I'll definitely consider going to this. =) Birmingham is just
a 30 minute journey away so if the gym is cheap I'd love to go.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 09:01:47 AM »
cj. we have been to Great Barr and Perry beeches, we are also waiting to hear back from college high.
brendan all sky high gym meet fees are split by those who attend, so it normaly is like £5 tops for 2 hours

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 09:32:18 AM »
sounds good to me!

Dark Knight

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 05:45:43 PM »
Once you've fixed a date I mayb e free :)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 06:41:54 PM »
just dnt steal my bockers for my march meet :P ive only got a few XD

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)