Author Topic: Calendar  (Read 9229 times)

Dark Knight

Calendar
« on: February 09, 2009, 11:39:16 PM »
Now that the weathers getting better more of us are planning meets.
If transport is an problem the local group meet maybe you only option.

For us older and bockers with transport distance isn't a problem but unless we read every meet topic it's hard to find where and when there's a meet.

Linking your meet to the calendar means you could get bockers who you'd not think of coming turning up.

I myself is heading to a meet with Locky soon the only reason I know was I asked and he told me !

This summer it would be great to see the calender filled every weekend with meets  :Csmile:

Offline lynch

Re: Calendar
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 11:57:41 PM »
i like this idear
just one thing for meet far away could people please post ways to got there from london liverpool street station so people tho live far away know how to get there
 :Csmile:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 12:20:08 AM »
But lynch, liverpool street is perfect for you and not everybody else  :Ctongue: hehe we would have to start putting directions from every major city in the UK. national express have a good time table thing, plum in both stations and it tells you where to go :)

reason you didnt know about the WBs meet is because they have their own forum.

:spudT:

Dark Knight

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 12:48:45 AM »
The EA's groups have a meet very soon and I'd like to think that they'd be happy to meet people that arn't local like myself :)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 01:20:37 AM »
Course we do, we have people come from all over in the warmer, drier months. If people wanna come then just ask to be out in the list..simple :) then if people wanna talk about details more they can just ask whoever is organising.

I would prefer it if people gave us warning before meets but they are open

Dark Knight

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 11:11:26 AM »
Course we do, we have people come from all over in the warmer, drier months. If people wanna come then just ask to be out in the list..simple :) then if people wanna talk about details more they can just ask whoever is organising.

I would prefer it if people gave us warning before meets but they are open

And they can only do that if they know there's a meet which is why the calendar's a good place to look, as a topic can quickly drop out of sight ?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 11:44:04 AM »
That is true. But for the calendar to be effective and worth looking at for meets every single one would need to be put in

There are actually more problems than that.
A lot of the other groups have their own website and forums they use to organize meets. People don't usually want to trek around to get to places so it's fine. If you want to go to a meet then I suggest, like you did with locky, you ask them.

If like the EAs the group is mega unorganized dates are going to change and things cancelled a lot. You cant see that in the calendar.

And finaly, its not hard to find out about meets. look in the meets/groups section and you will be away. And also a lot of meets arnt announced either. Like you don't see a thread every week about Jason and clives meet up lol

If I am gonna be realistic about it for this to work the calendar would need to be external from any other website/forum and be used. And, I think it has already been done. Somebody please help me on that bit. I am sure I remember that site?

EDIT: I asked carl and he knew, its ranchers bocker locator
http://www.bockerlocator.com/#
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 11:49:00 AM by Spud »

Dark Knight

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 01:23:05 PM »
I forgot about that  :Cswoon:
Well it save me setting one up !
I was explaining to Naz that I was going to map ever group and active bocker in the UK and ask if she would put a link on this forum !
I'm checking the software I've been given now but looks like someone done it  :Crealmad: :Ctwitcy:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 01:24:49 PM »
Like you don't see a thread every week about Jason and clives meet up lol

that'd be because they're usually just them, and they live ridiculously close to each other, if everyone else gets to them then it's likely to get a thread :P

Dark Knight

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 01:32:03 PM »
Like you don't see a thread every week about Jason and clives meet up lol

that'd be because they're usually just them, and they live ridiculously close to each other, if everyone else gets to them then it's likely to get a thread :P
Any one new to the forum wouldn't know that and I'd say they'd welcome them to join them if they know where they met up .  Jason be down there soon :)

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 01:32:56 PM »
EDIT: I asked carl and he knew, its ranchers bocker locator
http://www.bockerlocator.com/#
With graphics by Sprog ;)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 01:39:52 PM »
I thought bockerlocator was a great idea, but its getting every one to take part in it which is the hard part. It would take someone from each group to update the external site for it to work, but I cant see that happening atm

There was a time where you would find most meets on both PP & PJF but even with that now people stick to the forum they use more or get more responce on. Q use to regularly post JJ meets on here & on PP but that no longer happens as well, the WB's are established well enough now and the WB forum is very active so I can't see them posting their meets externally too, same goes with EPB, Becky just emails everyone on her list about any meets so its just one of them things really.

Dark Knight

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 01:51:31 PM »
I think that's a bit of a shame has it means that rather than bring us all together it splits us to small groups.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 03:12:29 PM »
well i personally post any meets that i'm doing on PP, here and any other relevant forums etc, more the merrier, but it is harder to organise in 3 places at once, so usually just shove a link to here or something for the main discussion, as pretty much everyone is on more than one site, well the awesome ones are :D

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 03:39:42 PM »
The EAs only post meets here. It is the EAs home. I dont feel like there is any need for us to post the meets elsewhere either. Its a kinda known fact and people kindly direct people over from PP to here too if there are in the area :)

I do like the bocker locator idea. But as Naz said really, it needs total commitment from all of the local groups and I don't think it will happen because atm, altho things could be more organised, it is working. And as they say "if it aint broke, then don't fix it"

@DK it's not splitting the community up. well it is in terms of every meet not being a CB or lincoln, but isnt that the point in local groups? I mean. Its not like people say you have to be an EA to go to EA meets, everybody is always welcome to each other meets, just people dont usually want to or cant get to them.

Dark Knight

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 04:13:34 PM »
What I'm trying to point out is unless people know there's a meeting going on somewhere how can they find out   :Ceek:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 04:25:18 PM »
Initiative? Again, there is whole meets section that people can look. Everybody is aware of which groups dont use forums to orgainse meets so it just takes a little more effort.

Dark Knight

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 04:39:52 PM »
Initiative? Again, there is whole meets section that people can look. Everybody is aware of which groups dont use forums to orgainse meets so it just takes a little more effort.

Not everyone ?
We may know but how about someone who's just joined ?
I their lucky there'll poeple like us around to help but otherwsie they'd be in the dark. There could be a meet at the other end of the road but unless there a clue how would they know !

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 04:41:24 PM »
As soon as someone new joins, one of the first questions they are often asked is where they are from & usually pointed in the right direction!

Dark Knight

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 07:13:13 PM »
As soon as someone new joins, one of the first questions they are often asked is where they are from & usually pointed in the right direction!
And if their between two groups we have a banana fight over them  :banana: :nanadance:

:Claugh:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »
Q use to regularly post JJ meets on here & on PP but that no longer happens as well
Q hasn't been active on the JJ forum for well over a month, I'm not sure what's happened to him.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 07:55:30 PM »
Q use to regularly post JJ meets on here & on PP but that no longer happens as well
Q hasn't been active on the JJ forum for well over a month, I'm not sure what's happened to him.
apart form his computer being full of death and fail, i think he's just had enough of the online drama type stuff, and being the only one that even attempted to organise meets, which then had about 3 people go to them, or something like that, i'll stop gossiping now :D