Author Topic: Attracting bockers to warrignton  (Read 16994 times)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
Attracting bockers to warrignton
« on: February 08, 2009, 05:07:32 PM »
Right in the summer 2009

im wondering if i cna have a word wif the council we can maybe arrange a bocking show for warrignton for a few of the pro's of bocking because tbh Warrignton is a dead spot and id love some more bockers for warrington i hate being such a loner

so if it is possible then give us a shout if ur intrested then i can talk to our warrington council

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
Re: Attracting bockers to warrignton
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 05:30:16 PM »
sorry for double posting but i have requested a spot in warrington town centre for some pros to show off there skills

im am still waiting for a reply but will keep posted :Cnotworthy:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 05:35:18 PM »
Why don't you take some pics of these awesome places so people can see how good it is? at the mo it's a long way to go for somewhere that might not be that good lol  :Cwink:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 05:42:37 PM »
ahh u see spud our council if they accept will put up some wooden blocks they did it for a parkour team once

but still as u say pics i shall get some on thursday or tomoz wen ever im next in town for u and post them in this chat so u bockers cna decide

but if i can get a designated spot for u bockers from the council then all should be good also i wanna make it a fund rasing event for maybe a selected charity so itll be for a good cause :Cbiggrin: :Csmile:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 05:54:57 PM »
include covering of travel costs, or just show me how awesome it is and i'll come along...not that i'm pro or anything

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 05:59:16 PM »
thats an idea all money made will go to ur petrol costs

the rest will go to a cancer research charity

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 06:15:02 PM »
Try and get people from close by then. You don't want to have a fund raiser at which the charity receives hardly any money due to travel costs.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 06:23:00 PM »
how do i get people close by that are experts when the place is dead :P

its 1 day were we can show off bocking and advertise projump website and get my town to bock

i dnt need like a million bockers like 3-4 experts in 1 car will do me for 1 day to do some flips and tricks and show ppl what bocks are

if there were some pros around warrington i wudnt of posted this up coz i know all the bockers in and around warrington and shore some of them are good but need pro experts flipps kicks tricks the hole shabang :P :Ctwitcy:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 06:48:51 PM »
Projump 101?

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 07:08:34 PM »
well there renown for being awsome so having them wud be off the wall amaxingly brilliantly FAB

but like if we had any other teams tht can flip and do all the tricks id happily accept them too i just need a group that can come to show off basicly

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 07:09:58 PM »
Good luck Aidan. You just made all the other teams seem second class!

:spudT:

Offline stevie

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 09:46:32 PM »
We Have been to Warrington Quite a few times over the past two years, Performing for clubs including, Mr Smiths/Synregy,Chicago's and a few others, i was last there in oct, the Bockers include, myself, Pete, Dave, Claire, Brucie, Zeb,kiola, Danny, and more, the reception we recieved from the people of Warrington was fantastic, and the town centre is great for bocking, 

there are some girls i know who live in Warrington who are Quite good on bocks,they train at a sports centre near the car showrooms i thinks its close to Mcdonalds on the way out to the M62, and there is a small group in Widnes, which is right next to you, i will try and get them intouch with you,although they are mainly performers,i'm sure they'd come to your meet.

if i am near your area soon i will let you know.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 09:55:23 PM »
cool wow theres bockers in warrignton :o

please if u can contact them please do i have a march meet in warrington which would be a good time to meet up fort he first time

and spud i no how bad i myt of made it but i dont mean it in that sense its just projump are the only team ive seen perform such amazing tricks but i dnt 2nd best any groups everyone nearli on this forum are a million times better than me and id be happy if a noob came to meet up in warrington i just wanna meet up with some other bockers i havent ever seen any bockers so if any groups can make the march meet or can do this event in the summer then please do tell me any groups at all considering they can do a few tricks and make the crowd go oo ee aah XD

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 11:36:53 PM »
yes im double posting boo hooo

ANYWAY

my council absolutely love the idea and im arranging a meeting to see them tommorrow so if i get the green light i have until summer to arrange some professionals to come to warrington

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :Cchatterbox: :Cchatterbox: :Cchatterbox: :Cchatterbox: :Cchatterbox: :Cswoon: :Cswoon: :Cswoon: :Cswoon: :Cswoon: :Cswoon:

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 11:59:00 PM »
Try and get people from close by

how do i get people close by that are experts when the place is dead :P
if there were some pros around warrington i wudnt of posted this up coz i know all the bockers in and around warrington

there are some girls i know who live in Warrington who are Quite good on bocks, and there is a small group in Widnes, which is right next to you,

**Rolls eyes**

Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 12:25:53 AM »
if there were some pros around warrington i wudnt of posted this up coz i know all the bockers in and around warrington
there are some girls i know who live in Warrington who are Quite good on bocks, and there is a small group in Widnes, which is right next to you,
**Rolls eyes**
OWNED! :D

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 12:33:40 AM »
I think its safe to say now there are bockers in almost every medium sized town and city in the country.
Problem is finding them and getting them together.

Offline stevie

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 01:14:05 AM »
I will get the contact to you for the sports centre, and i will try to make the 7th,

Just remembered, Locky you drove a mini bus to Warrington ages ago, a bus full of bockers, then came to the club i was working at.

Offline Charlie B

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 09:23:33 AM »
In support for you talking to the Council

Bocking is part of the extreme sports program at North Kesteven District Council. It is part of an outreach program that includes skateboarding and Parcour. The main objective is to engage those young people who do not do traditional sports.

It would be a great way to establish a club in the same way we have done so at Lincoln.

If you want any further support please feel free to pm me or call me, my office number is here www.lincolnshiresports.co.uk
Grow old disgracefully

• Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 04:02:42 PM »
Sorry for hi-jacking the thread for a moment.

Charlie B - Do you mean Parkour? Or is it actually parcour (which is also a real activity but not the same thing). If it's Parkour (related to free-running) could you get me any information on that? Specifically, who is incharge of the sessions, what qualifications do they have, where do sessions take place and what equipment is used, and who funds the scheme?

I'd really appreciate that, because I've had a couple of meetings with my local council to try and set up such a scheme, and I think I'd have much better luck if I could cite precedent. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 04:04:23 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 05:31:33 PM »
well all i can say is if you want me i will be there and with up to 3 other bockers in my car

a road trip is allways good

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 08:11:36 PM »
Hmm planning going from lowestoft toddy?

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2009, 08:40:00 PM »
could do
then i have got rid of droped off kelly there

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2009, 08:59:44 PM »
well, if the dates are good and i can get a lift then I am up for it too lol. Looking forward to it already aidan, I am starving :D

:spudT:

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 10:42:44 PM »
WOOO, sounds like some people are finally coming to our tiny warrington meet :P