Author Topic: Whats the wierdes thing someone has said to you whilst your out bocking??  (Read 39153 times)

Offline CJ

Right i have just been out for a walk on my pro jumps, i finally managed to make it off my drive and decided to walk round the corner to my local high street when a woman with her kids stopped me and asked me if i had them on because i had broken my ankle and were they some new cast type thing.

so i was wondering what other strange things people have come out with??

:PJ1:

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
Right i have just been out for a walk on my pro jumps, i finally managed to make it off my drive and decided to walk round the corner to my local high street when a woman with her kids stopped me and asked me if i had them on because i had broken my ankle and were they some new cast type thing.

i seem to get that quite alot from kids hey think they are my legs and i cant walk without them. i have had a elderly man come up to me and said to me that i would have to be careful about getting pregnant on them because then i would have a spring baby. also had a lady come up to me wanting to shake my hand saying how nice it was for her to meet me. that kinda scared me abit.

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
thts just norwich there all weird just look at spud XD :Claugh: :Cwink: :Cyes: :Crolleyes:

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
thts just norwich there all weird just look at spud XD :Claugh: :Cwink: :Cyes: :Crolleyes:
who said it was in norwich?!?! lol. could have been ondon or well anyway. but yes it was norwich and spuds not that wierd. well not compaired to the people i know.

Dark Knight

For me it was this Xmas I was in town on my stilts covered in tinsel,bells and raindeers dressed in an inflatable Father Xmas outfit dancing with another Santa collecting for charity.
 A couple of people came up to me and asked " Did I mind them taking some picture of me ? "
 Told them " YES ! I do mind ! " and kept dancing  :Mshocked:
 Not really posed for them and asked one of them to dance with me  :Mlaugh:

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
"Are these free?"

No, they bloody well are not.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
my favorite is "are they real?", no they are not, and this group of people are all holograms

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
I've got

'Are those to help you walk... did the doctor prescribe them for you for weak legs or something?'

(i wish)

and then when i said no, she asked

'So did you make them out of bike parts then?'

Bikes have leaf springs?

oh, and also, 'why aren't you out with your friends like a normal teenager?'

my response was 'I'm not a normal teenager...'

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
i have had someone shouting at me saying "why am i on them, im a freak, why is it i do it, its not normal,its childish and stupid, i should go jump off a cliff" my response was im not the one who is sat at a childrens park getting drunk and laying in mine and other peoples sick!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
The didnt say much..I got a glass lobbed at my feet  :Cconfused:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
Re: Whats the wierdes thing someone has said to you whilst your out bocking??
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 07:46:54 PM »
"I've seen those on TV, they're computer generated!"
"Yes. And I'm a hologram"

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 09:24:33 PM »
Halloween dressed on bocks dressed as death a veil so no one could see my face

A girl came up to me and said "Can I have my picture taken with you you look kind of Safe"  :Cbiggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Chrishead

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 09:36:40 PM »
Nobody round my area really say things, i just get things thrown at me unless im down a side street.
For Sale: Paracute, Used once, Never opened, Small stain.

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 09:51:13 PM »

you look kind of Safe"  :Cbiggrin:

Jason 

jason and safe together? well there is a first for everything

and i get the usial are they real?
and get a life such, all i say when they say your not normal, i say well what is then? as nouthing can be normal.
 :Cyes:

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 09:55:16 PM »
I really dont get why or how people can be so stupid to ask 'are they real?'

No, they're actually a cardboard cut out made with cleverly positioned split-pins and a hell of a lot of lolly sticks... ^^

WHAT DO YOU THINK??

god ^^

i just dont get how someone would ask that... i mean... they're on our feet when we're asked that... of course theyre real.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 10:05:42 PM »
I have heard asked about Toddy on bocks

"yeah I've seen bocks before but whats that on them"  :Cbiggrin: :Cwink:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Ps still sore about the sand Toddy  :Cbiggrin:

Offline sarah

• EA Bocker
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 10:06:27 PM »
i have had quite a few people saying omg i didnt think they were real. which is understandable if they never seen them in person before, but as for are they real.. im not even that blonde!

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 11:12:03 PM »
Halloween dressed on bocks dressed as death a veil so no one could see my face
A girl came up to me and said "Can I have my picture taken with you you look kind of Safe"

Yeah I had loads of people taking my picture at halloween too. I wore the same outfit as in the picture I used to have as my avatar (body armour and bocking trousers). As well as an awesome skull mask and a chainsaw! We had two smoke machines, a strobe light, a chainsaw soundtrack and dead bodies scattered around. You should have seen the look on some people's faces when they heard the saw and I jumped out of the fog, then chased them up the driveway roaring! 
:Cwideeyed:

It was awesome! ...I also had a few of the tiniest kids say "I'm not scared of you." Kids watch too many scary movies these days. They're totally desensitised! ^_^

Anyway... the weird thing was, that after the small kids said "I'm not scared of you" and "Wow are you on those stilts from TV", some much older teenagers (after coming to my house about ten minutes earlier) came back with their friends and said:

"I told you - He's MASSIVE!"

That was pretty weird. And made me hope that the smaller kids don't end up in the same school as the teens.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 01:32:00 PM »
"Oh wow i want one!"

"...just one?"

----------------

"Aren't they really crap and illegal?"

"no that's skyrunners" :D

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2009, 09:27:29 PM »
yeah i have heard "arent they illegal?" and the one i hear after talking with 80% of people on the street is "the police would never catch you on them".
bless the chavs

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2009, 09:32:04 PM »
but nero havnt you seen the advert?  :Cyes:
they wont but the fan will :Cmask:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2009, 10:43:30 AM »
LOL true that

Offline lynch

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2009, 03:52:22 PM »
ive been asked "do you have real legs"
"can you walk on them" when im walking

Dark Knight

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »
I was once asked are they fun to jog in I was thinking of getting some  ?
What's wierd about that you may think ?
He was in a wheelchair !

Turned out he'd had a heart attack and the doctors told him to go for a short jog every night and he told me it's boring but my stilts looked fun ( which they are ) ? I told him about them and told him to check this forum and even give him my email address. I told him the wheelchair throw me a bit which made him laugh ( he needed from time to time ) .... Don't know if he got a pair ?

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 03:34:46 PM »

"Aren't they really crap and illegal?"

"no that's skyrunners" :D

OI  sky runners arnt that bad

mine are still goign strong an it seems lots of peopls are braking ( like at the norwich meet )

xx
lozzi
xx