Author Topic: How Long Has It Taken You?  (Read 11892 times)

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
How Long Has It Taken You?
« on: January 18, 2009, 09:10:31 PM »
I've been getting steadily better on my bocks every time i use them, having had them since tuesday, and can now walk, jog, run badly, and jump one or two footed. But i've been wondering, how long has everyone else had their bocks... how long has it taken them to be able to do the same sorts of things, and do you ever reach a plateau where you feel you're not advancing anymore?

- kaz

Dark Knight

Re: How Long Has It Taken You?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 09:17:48 PM »
You'll never reach a plateau unless fitness stop you.
There is always something you can improve on.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 10:07:44 PM »
not progressing much atm as the weathers horrible and i'm pretty busy, fitness level has gone down and i can't even bottom out my T-rexes atm, not even gonna try the diamonds anytime soon, getting bockers back and knees on teh rare occasions i bock

Offline Gaz

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 05:29:10 PM »
I've had my bocks since christmas and every time i've been out i feel m getting a bit higher, or my strides becme longer.  :Csmile:
i have heard they take time to break in, and am assuming cos mine ar m80's and i only weigh 63 kg they will take longer. but can defintly feel a diffrence in only a few weeks.
 keep at it mate i know i will be!!!!

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 05:37:11 PM »
ive been at it over 13 months now, and there really is summat new to have a go at each time your out on your stilts.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YEBMXSPmLDk
that was me 10 days after getting my stilts, ahhhh the old days of innocent bocking.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 09:26:06 PM »
So it's not just me who refuses to let dark nights stop me going out? :P

street lamps are a great invention for us bockers :D

Offline CJ

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 09:45:14 PM »
well i got mine yesterday and have spent a couple of hours on them now, i can stand and walk but still stumble every now and then, when i try a little jump i seem to loose my balance i dnt think im doing bad as im having to learn on my own.

CJ :PJ1:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 09:55:52 PM »
thats how i did it :P

learnt on my own able to jump about 2 feet :P and then pop goes my knee caps XD

disabled bocker :P

until my knees are stong then ILL BE BAK!!

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 10:14:24 PM »
It's naff being a tigger isnt it... all on your own... nobody to learn from... nobody to be better than ¬.¬

Oh well, i'm trying my hardest to make everyone get some stilts

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 12:02:28 AM »
I was a Tigger for a year then Clive turned up

Didn't even know him before we met on here and guess what

He lives at the other end of my Bl**dy road  :haha:

You never know where a good friend will be until you meet them  :Cyes:

Some one probably live near you and just isn't on the forums

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 12:31:02 AM »
I've had my bocks since christmas and every time i've been out i feel m getting a bit higher, or my strides becme longer.  :Csmile:
i have heard they take time to break in, and am assuming cos mine ar m80's and i only weigh 63 kg they will take longer. but can defintly feel a diffrence in only a few weeks.
 keep at it mate i know i will be!!!!

omg imagin how long it will take me then!! im 66kg and got M90's!!! aaahhhh lol

well i only had about.... 4 hours practice and i seem to be getting better...  i think so anyway....i can walk, bounce on my right leg coz me left is weak lol and do about a 4" jump on both feet lol.

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 10:53:40 PM »

well i only had about.... 4 hours practice and i seem to be getting better...  i think so anyway....i can walk, bounce on my right leg coz me left is weak lol and do about a 4" jump on both feet lol.

Is that four inches or four feet? xD lol, i get confused with the little ' symbols to indicate inches/feet

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 10:56:22 PM »
" is inches
' is feet

Dark Knight

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 11:02:47 PM »
I was a Tigger for a year then Clive turned up

Didn't even know him before we met on here and guess what

He lives at the other end of my Bl**dy road  :haha:

You never know where a good friend will be until you meet them  :Cyes:

Some one probably live near you and just isn't on the forums

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:
I've got a bl##dy scout group near me but ..... if I can find them !!!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 11:13:13 PM »
omg imagin how long it will take me then!! im 66kg and got M90's!!! aaahhhh lol

Keep at it kiwi, the only way to get better is to get on them as much as possible  :thumbs: and go to meets  :biggrin:

My springs are about the same amount higher than me as your's are with you. It was quite a lot different to my old pair. I actually had to put effort in to jump lol..anyhoo. I am doing fine on mine..it has taken a bit of time to get going on them but I put that to having to completely change any techniques I used on the soft springs. As long as you put time in you should be well away.

As for breaking springs in. I am not to sure how it works but springs do wear out so my theory would be that as they wear and get softer they reach a point where the user will get the best effort-height ratio. Before this point the effort level is high..after it the effort level goes down  but so will the height after some time....but..It's just my thoery..probably a load of bull  :Ctwitcy:

@ DK how many scout groups can there be ??? I am not sure how big boston is but to find stuff out like this you have to be talking to people the whole time..If you open your eyes and get talking to people in your local area you will be surprised at what is going on.

:spudT:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 11:47:59 PM by Spud »

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 01:07:39 PM »
I to got my bocks at Christmas an have had about 10hrs on them in total. I can now run pretty fast and do a one ot two footed bounce. I'm finding it dificult to run then jump in to a two footed bounce tho, so am hoping to get some tips form the meet in Feb.

I also got a bit brave an looked at some of the trix on the swebounce http://www.swebounce.com/powerisertricks.php I've managed to do the tuck, an a pretty crappy pike but i'm getting there!

Hope that helps...

JJ

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 01:41:49 PM »
Jim dont worry too much about running and then doing a kanga (2 foot).
It's something that will come with experience. Just keep at it and it will become easier and easier and then you'll also be more confident and put more power into it to be able to jump up onto blocks and up steps.

Offline reaper

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 06:27:29 PM »
I have not actually had my pair yet (tomorrow hopefully), but I got on fairly well with my brother in laws, had about 40 minutes on them in total, I can run quite fast (at least it seemed fast at the time!) and have been able to hop on my right leg but not the left, strangely I can't get a two leg bounce going unless I am holding onto something, I haven't tried a running jump yet as they weren't mine, I can also get up and down unaided, I just hope I can find time to put into this.

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 04:27:27 PM »
Two footed bouncing is harder than one footed (against all common sense) because without experience, you can get thrown off balance by the spring resistance.

Offline reaper

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2009, 07:26:06 PM »
Well got mine on Thursday, had a quick run up the road and then had to ride upto B'ham, had about 30 mins on them today and finally got a two footed bounce going, at first it was holding onto my front door frame, next time I do that though I will look up first as I head clashed the lintel....ouch....yeah I know....HELMET! It's on order ...but out of stock!

Making progress anyway;-).

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2009, 08:05:37 PM »
Make sure to keep at it, you'll get loads better in no time.

Offline dustinbikes

• Rise of the Bockernauts
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 07:21:10 PM »
I have had my stilts for about a month and a half..at this point i can jump over about a 5 foot tall object and I am working on landing my front flips....Im getting close though!

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 09:12:37 PM »
You're lucky, you have fellow bockers and a gym, i have neither :P

Offline dustinbikes

• Rise of the Bockernauts
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 01:41:30 AM »
you can come move to michigan and gym it up with us..... :Cbiggrin:

Offline Kazbahn

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 06:14:05 PM »
I wish, but i'd rather move to Lincoln UK, they get all the best bocking stuff there, and they have an actual parkour club.... lol