Author Topic: I've got bocks, but no local group, and no local bockers =[  (Read 7187 times)

Offline Kazbahn

• :D
I've got bocks, but no local group, and no local bockers =[
« on: January 13, 2009, 11:02:43 PM »
So i was thinking, how likely is it that just the presence of one bocker up north will convince a few, or possible 10/20 people to get some? :D plus, how do you set up a group(like... officially... if you know what i mean) and get it recognized on here if you do?

i need some people to be worse than me, and make me look good!

xD

- Kaz

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
Re: I've got bocks, but no local group, and no local bockers =[
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 12:56:52 AM »
:D maybe not 10-20, but get your friends involved

as for settin gup a group, agree a name and general area then work at it, the surrey springers were born from a little chatting with  2 others, now the list is up to about 8 people, but thats jsut getting current bockers together, not really getting people into it

then once thats all set up ask naz to make a section on here for the group or whatever, gonna get one for us once the websites done properly, and has a proper domain name to it

Offline Stewart

• Commonly shows signs of an over active imagination
    • West Yorkshire Bockers
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 01:24:37 AM »
same with West Yorkshire bockers me and choco bean are friends and we decided to make a group for ourselves that other could join in December and we are slowly but surely growing. We are up to 5 people now (I think ???) lol ill have to check. Our website ain't very snazzy its just a freewebs one I spent a night on to get it sorted and we gradually maintain it and make it better but it does its job. Ours is just bockers currently in West Yorkshire (though we are mainly based in Leeds and Bradford) that have seen us and joined because all the groups are mainly Midlands and southern England.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 02:29:47 AM »
oh btw a snazzy website helps :P  or at least a half decently put together forum, luckily i'm surrounded by peopel that know websites and photoshop stuff etc, so progress is slowly being made towards the new site, logo/t-shirts etc etc

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 03:21:36 AM »
Who says!! The EAs don't and we are the best  :P But...we are gonna have one soon  :thumbs:

:spudT:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 01:43:13 PM »
Who says!! The EAs don't and we are the best  :P But...we are gonna have one soon  :thumbs:

:spudT:

meh, just helps to have a bigger presence on the web, e.g. if you google surrey springers the first link is the site, EA bockers gets here and myspace, so here myspace and a websote would be more exposure to the net and potentially more bockers, just like wearing t-shirts at a meet= more exposure etc

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 01:51:09 PM »
But who is gonna google surrey springers  :P Remind me how many members you got  :nana:

:haha: just kidding, If it wasnt important we wouldnt be making one..and I like the surrey springers  :biggrin: I'm gonna crash a meet sometime  :biggrin:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 04:15:57 PM »
But who is gonna google surrey springers  :P Remind me how many members you got  :nana:

:haha: just kidding, If it wasnt important we wouldnt be making one..and I like the surrey springers  :biggrin: I'm gonna crash a meet sometime  :biggrin:

:D anyone i tell to...once the shirts etc are sorted and stuff

and 8 in total so far, 2 are from the banned, one's injured and anothers vanished off the internet XD oh and feel free to crash a meet whenever

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 04:22:48 PM »
Thats pretty good. I dont know how many EAs there are LOL...I know you have less injured tho  :D

I will crash a meet and I put dibbs on a Tshirt if they look cool  :D I dont even have an EA one  :biggrin:

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 06:39:29 PM »
Tbh we know the EA's rule, so end of really, i don't know about numbers, but i'm fairly sure we are slowly catching up with the essex lots....despite them multiplying like rabbits.... xD. Also EA T-shirts are coming soon =]. We have surevived without a website for 2 years, not sure it makes a lot of difference really =]

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 07:33:42 PM »
Woohoo! I need a Tshirt  :biggrin: This place has been our home forever. One nice thing about it being an open forum is that people then crash our meets which is awesome  :biggrin: The site will deffo be a good thing but not the key to our success. Having lots of meets and being out and about is.

Random fact. Our latest EA (culley62) wanted to get bocks since he saw us in norwich (the one where there were tonnes of us) He was too shy to say hi but it made him get bocks  :biggrin: Things like that make me happy  :)