Author Topic: INTRODUCTIONS!  (Read 370974 times)

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
Re: INTRODUCTIONS!
« Reply #1475 on: March 20, 2013, 07:08:23 AM »
Welcome Rose,

I've said it before, I'll say it again, nip down to Middlesbrough - there are a few of us down here that would love to have more people to bounce around with, and we're only an hour away.

Thanks, I could well be up for that. Do you have regular meets or ought?

I'm afraid we aren't incredibly regular. We're all students, so we're usually working around everybody else, however I've been trying to sort a meet out lately. I need to get on to everyone and see who's gone home already. If all else fails. I'm happy to just meet you myself. You could also try PMing hoppingmadbody HoppingManBody, who's a new person in Newcastle. That way you have someone to bock with closer to you, although as I say, he's also new so it'll be harder to learn new things than if you meet up with the rest of us.

Jason, I think you're overestimating me. Without any gym time, I've actually been on a Bocking downturn- I've only ever flipped 3 times, all over 3, maybe 4 years ago.

Offline kitro

« Reply #1476 on: March 20, 2013, 12:44:40 PM »
Thanks Jason.

I'm just chuffed I managed to walk without clinging on to a wall this morning, I can't imagine flipping!

Give me a shout if you do get something sorted, I'm not working very often, so I can do some daytimes and such.

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #1477 on: March 22, 2013, 08:22:10 PM »
Hi and welcome to all the new forum joiners :Cyes:

Offline gconstable

« Reply #1478 on: April 22, 2013, 10:03:10 PM »
Hello my names guy,
I had my first experience blocking this weekend and very much want to carry on learning.. Just so  much fun I loved it.
Looking forward to the journey.

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #1479 on: April 22, 2013, 10:14:46 PM »
Welcome Guy i was with Clive on Sunday in Basingstoke when you had a go hope to see you at a meet soon :Nero:

Offline gconstable

« Reply #1480 on: April 22, 2013, 10:17:53 PM »
Thanks I think I remember your T-shirt and u jumping in the stream :) we shall see what meets i can make in the very near future XD

Offline rainbowmel

« Reply #1481 on: April 23, 2013, 09:26:33 AM »
 :Cchatterbox: Hi Im Mel or Rainbow Mel, I'm well impressed by Bocking and altho am 41 am just beginning to get well into it. Bought a pair last month and just in the early stages of learning. Am really interested in whether there are any bocking groups in London I can go to. Really want to go to a gym so I can learn to do somersaults. Know these are difficult and you need a lot of practice- but would love to find out where in London there is a gumn where people can practice. Please message me if you know anywhere I can do this. Big Rainbow One Love- Mel

Offline spawnyb

« Reply #1482 on: April 23, 2013, 01:39:10 PM »
Hi Mel, welcome to the madhouse.

I think you'll find London a good spot for meeting up and learning.

There are regular meets in Staines and Basingstoke with the banned bockers + friends, and a couple of the bockers had a few years on you, so don't worry about the age.

I do believe there is a Sunday meet at the London eye on 5th May, so maybe one you could come along too if you're free.

If not, the Staines or Basingstoke ones happen most weekends.

Have fun

Graham
Hmmmmmmm........Why did I buy these again?!?!?!?

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #1483 on: April 23, 2013, 06:04:44 PM »
Hello rainbowmel

The Banned Bockers come from Staines and a few of us from Basingstoke travel up, there is a meet this Sunday in Staines if you Fancy coming along have a look in the arrange a meet section you will be more then welcome and the Banne Bockers are a great laugh and are always willing to help with anything :PJ101John:

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1484 on: April 24, 2013, 10:25:00 PM »
Hi Mel

Get down to Staines on Sunday or meet us in London over the Bank Holiday you sound like you will fit right in

I'm 53 and Clive is only a bit younger so you will be a youngster to us  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline Blondy

« Reply #1485 on: May 20, 2013, 08:19:51 AM »
I am lauren from hampshire  i am 21 i am a stay at home mum yesterday was my second proper time on the stilts and i love it. My new hobby :)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #1486 on: May 20, 2013, 01:10:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum Lauren :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1487 on: May 20, 2013, 01:31:10 PM »
Welcome aboard Lauren

You are picking it up quickly
Basingstoke next week  :Cbiggrin:

Offline Blondy

« Reply #1488 on: May 20, 2013, 02:17:49 PM »
I sure hope i can make the basingstoke meet if not im deffinatley gojng to the london meet  :Csmile:

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #1489 on: May 20, 2013, 05:21:31 PM »
Getting quite a collective from Basingstoke now  :Cnotworthy:

Welcome again Lauren and remember at every opportunity OAP jokes aimed at Jason :Ctongue:

Offline madrat

« Reply #1490 on: May 30, 2013, 05:48:04 PM »
hey

I am Shaun, i am 25 i live in Cleethorpes, N.E Lincolnshire,
i am a photographer but not a normal one, i do weddings and events and  i any kind of photo
hoping to get my  :PJL: soon

so if your local give me a shout and we can have a local bounce

by the way i have dyslexia so thats why there are so many spelling mistake in my posts

keep on bouncing
Shaun

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #1491 on: May 30, 2013, 06:58:12 PM »
Welcome madrat to the madhouse

were a friendly bunch on here and will help out and answer any questions you have

Didnt notice any spelling mistakes mate but wait till ive had a few i cant even make sense of anything i type :Claugh:

Offline Crazy Kez

« Reply #1492 on: June 06, 2013, 05:24:47 PM »
Hi all, I'm Kerry!! I'm 25 and I live in the middle of nowhere!! I'm a lover of all things extremely crazy, which is why I love bocking!! :D I'm a complete newbie, only been on them twice but never took them off for 5 hours straight!! I'm also an aerial dancer so anything to improve my strength and flexibility, I love!! Anyways......Hi all!! :D

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #1493 on: June 07, 2013, 01:39:57 PM »
Good they let anyone on here no  :Claugh: welcome Kerry hows your arms? :Ctongue:

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #1494 on: June 07, 2013, 09:58:52 PM »
Hi kerry welcome to this crazzzzy sport and i know your going to be one to see this through and be tricking in no time  :Cyes:

Offline Molk958

« Reply #1495 on: June 09, 2013, 09:29:09 PM »
Hi there! I've been jumping for a month or so now and thought it was about time I met some of the community! My name is Malcolm and I live near Uxbridge, Greater London. I've got a friend around here who I have convinced to buy some projumps as well and we are looking to meet up with some others.

Offline Gremlin

« Reply #1496 on: June 10, 2013, 06:28:57 PM »
Welcome Malcolm, if you keep an eye out on here we do a once a month meet in London near the eye, or keep an eye out on the Banned Bockers facebook page for meets in the area, a few of us are doing Walk 4 Life this weekend on the stilts if you are around

Offline Molk958

« Reply #1497 on: June 10, 2013, 11:35:52 PM »
Ah nice, near the eye sounds like a good laugh! Will definitely keep an eye out. Will try and get a few mates involved too. I'd spotted the posts about WFL but I'm away this weekend... Plus I think spending that much time non-stop bocking might actually kill me!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #1498 on: June 11, 2013, 08:16:45 PM »
If you are in Uxbridge mate you are fairly near most of our meets

We meet up in Staines, Hanworth (near Feltham) and Basingstoke (oh and sometimes Hampton Court)

I take it you mean Uxbridge just north of Heathrow

We meet up most sundays for a couple of hours (can be all day if people want to start early or stay late)

Offline Molk958

« Reply #1499 on: June 12, 2013, 09:03:41 AM »
Yea Uxbridge just around the M25. Well I'm sure I'll come along and have a look some time soon. I was also interested in finding somewhere i can safely learn tricks? eventually hoping to do some flips