Author Topic: Jumpin Jim the new Bocker in town!  (Read 4546 times)

Offline JumpinJim

Jumpin Jim the new Bocker in town!
« on: January 06, 2009, 12:43:13 PM »
Hi Guys,

Got a new pair of Powerstriders for Christmas an i'm Hooked! Signed up to the pp an some very nice people told me to sign up here to. I live in Peterborough so would love to take part in any of the EA Bockers Meets!

I'M not great but would llove to get better! I've set my self a goal of being able to do a back flip within 3 months!  :Straddle5:

If any one (other than Chocl8 haha,  ;) ) lives near peterborough an wants to hang out for a beer an a Bock hit me up.

JJ

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
Re: Jumpin Jim the new Bocker in town!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 12:46:25 PM »
:D good luck with the backflip target, though i've seen someone do them in less time

and drink bocking is bad kiddies, don't do it, or at least save the beer till after the days bocking is done

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 12:57:05 PM »
Ha Ha, Well I thought due to the weather 3 months was a good time scale... If I do it sooner its all good!

I know what you mean! I stick to one simple rule:

"Do not operate heavy machinery while under the influence!" LOL..

Works for most things!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 01:23:11 PM »
Hey Jumpin Jim  ;) Glad to see you on here..
The next big meet we have is in Lincoln, I am trying to organise transport for people ;) Sprog and pick people up from P'bro if you are interested  :thumbs:

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2849.0

As for backflips, Its a pretty big target. I can't change your mind but dont put pressure on yourself to do it before you are ready or you might have an accident. but good news is you are around some great people that will be able to help you when you are  ;)

Welcome to the forum and the EA bockers   :biggrin:

:spudT:

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 01:58:46 PM »
Posted on the tread m8. Defo up for going to the meet may even be able to offer some transport  ;D

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 03:06:08 PM »
Hi Guys,

Got a new pair of Powerstriders for Christmas an i'm Hooked! Signed up to the pp an some very nice people told me to sign up here to. I live in Peterborough so would love to take part in any of the EA Bockers Meets!

I'M not great but would llove to get better! I've set my self a goal of being able to do a back flip within 3 months!  :Straddle5:

If any one (other than Chocl8 haha,  ;) ) lives near peterborough an wants to hang out for a beer an a Bock hit me up.

JJ

if you talk to carl, chocl8 (tim) or greg11 they do mos the backflips and are EAs, greg is injured atm so he wouldnt beable to spot you for floor backflips but im sure carl and tim would at a meet and have you fliiping in no time. but its a big target so dont push yourself too hard but im sue you can get their =]

Mini Ellis xxx

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 03:14:33 PM »
Thanks For the vote of confidence Mini.

When I first got on them I didn't think I would even be able to stand up! However, I was runing around within a couple hours, so I think 3 mths is a reasonable target! I try to push myself in most things an have been a keen snowboarder for a few years now so have pretty good balance. But we'll see.. LOL

Look forward to meeting all you Guy's & Girls in Feb!

JJ x

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 03:19:09 PM »
Thanks For the vote of confidence Mini.

When I first got on them I didn't think I would even be able to stand up! However, I was runing around within a couple hours, so I think 3 mths is a reasonable target! I try to push myself in most things an have been a keen snowboarder for a few years now so have pretty good balance. But we'll see.. LOL

Look forward to meeting all you Guy's & Girls in Feb!

JJ x

yeah i dunno if gregs gonna come in feb cos hes not gonna beable to bock which is fair enough  but otheriwse i know tim and carl are going and carl can bock again ^^ hopefully i should be their but im not 100% sure yet
i failed at backflips so far i have done a couple while being spotted on a tramp last jan. but since then its been epic fail lol.
no doubt we will get you flipping in no time =]

hopefully see you then

Mini Ellis xxx

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 03:37:16 PM »
Well who ever goes it'll just be nice to meet some people who've been doing it for a while who I can get some direction from.

Look forward to it.. plus it's always nice to meet new people with the same intrests!

JJ

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 04:47:19 PM »
hay dude welcome to the forum 3 moths is a resanble target for backfilps but to boost your confidence i would get u to be comtable land front flips first unless u rilly fell u could go for it as hannah sed im ded at the moment but i sould b better by the feb meet i hope but yer i landed my first back with in 2 to 3 moths of being on bocks but then i scared myself after i did it and wated for anothe 3 months b4 i did them agen the resantlyly my straps broke so i havent had the nuts to do it lol yer gd luck if i dont go to the 1 on the 7th  :thumbs:

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 05:06:34 PM »
Cheers Greg. I reckon 3 months for either a front or a back flip. Sorry to here about your ankle, hope its better for Feb! Hopfully me an a mate will head up so it would be nice to meet up.

I'm use to scaring myself mate! Most of my mates think i have a death wish! LOL... Try throwing yourself off a 50ft kicker thats scary!

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 05:17:51 PM »
lol nice dude i have allways wanted to get in to snow boarding but my mum dont like going to cold places so i might c if eny of us wanna go nx sesion

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 05:22:50 PM »
Well if you ever fancy headin over to MK snowzone I'm always up for some snow action. wanna start doing my teaching course this year, so if i do i'll do you a lesson swap! LOL

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 05:24:59 PM »
yer blates m8 XD

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 05:41:38 PM »
Well if you ever fancy headin over to MK snowzone I'm always up for some snow action. wanna start doing my teaching course this year, so if i do i'll do you a lesson swap! LOL

i wanna come to!!

Offline JumpinJim

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 05:43:55 PM »
No worries! Well like I said I'll teach you guys to board an you teach me to bock! LOL...

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 06:15:51 PM »
dw m8 u will b fliping mad like the rest of us in no time XD

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 06:25:26 PM »
No worries! Well like I said I'll teach you guys to board an you teach me to bock! LOL...

Deal =]
My bocking is....interestingly....bad lol
well ish

Mini Ellis xxx