Author Topic: Happy New Year!!  (Read 5136 times)

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
Happy New Year!!
« on: January 02, 2009, 11:11:41 PM »
hello all! :new_year:

My name is Kiwi, im 19 from South London. Live near Wimbledon. I ordered my bocks Thursday night, i CANT WAIT untill they come!!!!!  :grin_santa: :grin_santa: :grin_santa: i wonder when they are, projumps haven't charged my account yet.....  ???

anywho, i was wondering if there is anyone near were i am who have projumps or if there are any clubs i can join? and also, ive noticed there aren't many girlies on here! where are all u gals, surely im not the only one! :laugh:

nice to meet you all, and when i do get my bock ill post up some piccies!!

cya later! :banana:

Dark Knight

Re: Happy New Year!!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 11:23:39 PM »
Welcome to planet Bock  :)

Did you order safety pads too ? When your learn it's save you broken bones LOL

EVer seen a womble  :new_year:

« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 11:33:53 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 11:34:51 PM »
lol My mate insisted that she get me all the safety gear as her Xmas pressie. so I'm sorted. got a Helmet, knee/shin and elbow pads and wrist guards.

i bought some M90's even tho its one size to high for me. im planning to get some big air.

hope i get my bocks sooooon!!!!!! how long does delivery take?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 12:02:49 AM »
What a great mate you have :D

Welcome to the forum kiwi  :thumbs: I am pretty sure you are surrounded by bockers. My UK geography is bad but I went to a  meet in London last month while I was there. Thats about as helpful I can be without getting a map out  :haha:

The delivery is next day. But you need to order by lunch time to get it processed so it will have been processed today. There is no delivery at weekends...so if you are lucky Monday. But you know what post is like this time of year :rolleyes:

:spudT:

By the way..I'm a girl  ;)

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 12:07:03 AM »
My UK geography is bad but I went to a  meet in London last month while I was there.
No you didn't, I did! :haha:

When I'm up at uni I'm only a 20 minute train journey from Kings Cross, so a London meet is totally doable for me when I'm there (sadly I'm only there about 13 weeks a year)
Get in contact with Muncher and Jelly, they are in the London area, as are a few others. There's also the Surrey Springers, who aren't too far away.

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 12:17:15 AM »
Spud!!! ur a star!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

glad to hear im not the only one hahaha.
  :haha:

well hopefully Monday it is then.... ill take them into work and practise in the car park.

btw wimbledon is in Surrey, South London. i've had a look at the Surrey Springers but they are all so far! considering making a new group !! how does Wobbly Wombles sound for us n00bs? lol

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 12:30:06 AM »
My UK geography is bad but I went to a  meet in London last month while I was there.
No you didn't, I did! :haha:
How was coldplay by the way  :D I am still finding that radiobock funny  :biggrin:

and nope kiwi, you are not the only one. There arn't that many of us but our numbers are increasing  ;)

Again, my bad geography but surrey is a county ??? and counties near you are smaller I think. They cant be more than half an hour away  ??? And maybe you could sort meets in a central place. And the transport cant be bad either. The problem with starting a new group in an area where there are already other bockers local ish, and where there are not many of you is you are likely to be in a group on your own.

I say try to get to a meet  ;) I am in the EA bockers (East Anglia) some of us are a few hours apart  :o

Let us know when you get your bocks  :thumbs:

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 12:34:56 AM »
Cheers for the advice spud. I didn't think about that.
I'll defo post up some pics when i get them. Do you have any advice on how to get started? i mean like even standing up for the first time after putting them on for the first time? ??? ???

Dark Knight

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 12:39:09 AM »
There a girl in Malling just got a pair and joined here the over day !
She's meeting Jason and Clive this weekend she's called " Springer"
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 12:48:36 AM by Dark Knight »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 12:46:27 AM »
As groups get bigger then it will be easy to have a small group. We have a few people near norwich so often have "mini meets"  :thumbs:

hmm advice...its easiest if you put them on sitting on something high. Its hard to get up when you are low. Or lean against a wall...You will probs will be wobbly to begin with so its nice to have somebody near to hold onto for your first few steps or if you wobble. If thats not possible try and find like to walls or posts you can walk between. I put a bin at the end of the path so only had a few meters to go without falling LOL. Anyhoo thats how I started.

Best advice tho before you get your bocks is to have a good read here. Its full of usefull stuff. You could also get stuff for making tire socks or taping springs. Look at the modifications section for more info and tutorials and stuff. Should keep you busy until Monday  :D

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 12:52:06 AM »
oh thank you thats great advice!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
ill read posts on here to keep me busy... better than sitting in the corner looking at the clock lol

not that i would really do that....  :kidding:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 09:10:04 AM »
O.o now how did i manage to miss this thread, especially as there's another potential springer in here

currently we're guildford/kingston/wherever kirk lives, can't remember

had a look on google maps, wimbledon isn't too far away, so i'll try and remember to keep you updated on anything that's happening roughly around the area (should be organising some stuff soon, once i can get in touch with a few people that seem to have vanished off the face of the internet :D)

oh and www.surreyspringers.tk  if you hadn't already found it, probably have but meh

and @spud: starting a new group is pretty dam hard as ive found out, mid-winter is definately nottheideal time to do it i don't think, but managed to have one proper meet so far, even though it was just 2 of us and one jj, but still it's a start to build on for the future
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 09:38:32 AM by darfgarf »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 11:50:18 AM »
and @spud: starting a new group is pretty dam hard as ive found out, mid-winter is definately nottheideal time to do it i don't think, but managed to have one proper meet so far, even though it was just 2 of us and one jj, but still it's a start to build on for the future

I am sure thats how every group starts and as more people gets bocks, come on forums and stuff the groups grow. How many of you are there now?

I am loosing track of the groups near you. They seem to be popping up everywhere or it might just be me  :D

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 11:57:12 AM »

I am sure thats how every group starts and as more people gets bocks, come on forums and stuff the groups grow. How many of you are there now?

I am loosing track of the groups near you. They seem to be popping up everywhere or it might just be me  :D

well officially just me biohazard and glasto_bocker, Q from teh jjs is an honorary member as he's made it to a meet, and wouldn't mind coming to others in future, then there's lyndsey(my girlfriend :P) who's a sortof member as she's behind the new site design etc

so there's people here at least

and i don't think there are any other groups around the general london area, though i haven't been keeping up to date with much recently, there's people around and every now and then there's a meetup in london, but no one's bothered sticking a label on everyone yet really, but yeah got enough to get some stuff happening hopefully, when everyone's free XD

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 12:32:15 PM »
theres the banned bockers of hanworth/middlesex just two of us clive/jason so kiwi if you want jason and i bock staines every sunday for about 3hours starts 12 your more than wecome to join us we do the high street and the river grate fun and people asking us to posses photos
take care clive

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 12:12:11 AM »
WWOOOO HOOO!!!! I go to uni in kingston!!!! so let me know if you wanna bock down the riverside and freak out people in bentalls... or even in richmond park!  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

and as for updates on my bocks. on the site it says they dont charge ur account untill they are ready for dispatch... and good news!!! my account is overdraft -£255 lol lol lol... need to fix that. so yes cant wait untill monday! just one more day!!

ARGH sunday will go agonisingly slow.....

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 01:35:27 AM »
well in that case there's evenmore incentive to have kingston meets, i thinkt he only time everyone is free round here is wednesday afternoons, after school time for bio and uni day off for me and kirk, but tis a bit too dark around that time at the moment for much, when are you free usually so it's easier to organise stuff

...oh and if you're around kingston then you've jsut been hijacked by the springers, ours now :P

Offline Kiwi

• *boop*
    • My Twitter!
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 01:55:52 AM »
lol

i am honored to be part of the surrey springers!

and i am off wednesdays after 1pm too!!!! how convenient!!!!

i got mondays off too. and go kingston uni, penrhyn road campus so its a 5 min walk to the high street.  and errrm.... i dont know my timetable off my heart yet so ill have to get back to you for other days.. but monday all day and wednesdays after 1pm for sure!