Author Topic: Evenin' All!  (Read 6415 times)

Offline Hodge

Evenin' All!
« on: December 26, 2008, 09:59:28 PM »
Yet another intro topic! I'm obviously a newbie to the forums, but also to the sport...so new I don't have any skips yet...*sigh*

Anyway, my names Pete, I'm 24. I live in Stoke-On-Trent at the moment, but as I'm in my final year at Uni that'll be changing in May when I move to East Anglia permenantly to be with my fiancee forever and ever...

I'll be getting some ProJumps in the New Year once I'm back home after the Christmas period family meet-n-greet. I received a helmet off my other half for Christmas so I don't smash my head in and I already have wristbraces/kneepads as I do some roller blading/hockey when I get the chance -  so I'll be all wrapped up safe and sound.

I think I've done the research needed from lurking around here and investigating the main PJ site so I do believe I'll be getting some M80s (I weigh 11 stone according to Wii Fit) hopefully with the calf cuffs and possibly the pro bindings depending how sunny my finances are looking...

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and I'll speak to y'all soon!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Evenin' All!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 10:19:32 PM »
Hey, Welcome to the forum and sport.

Haha, you seem to have done your research   ;) Skips are for pro's...maybe one day  ;)

Where abouts in East Anglia will you be? I live kinda Norwich way. We have people dotted everywhere so when you move you should come meet up with the EA's  :thumbs:

Good Job you padded up. Its really really important. Nobody is invincible  ;)

M80's is 10 kg over so is about right. Unless you are super athletic/strong or a gymnast person lol. You sound athletic but for learning 10kg is best apposed to 20kg as some people suggest.

:spudT:

Offline Hodge

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 10:35:11 PM »
Ah yes, roller hockey may sound athletic but I have the pads because I'm not very good at it... :D Most of the people I play with don't wear pads at all lol.

I'll be in St Ives in Cambridgshire, near Huntingdon? Don't know how close that is to you lol, Geography is *not* my strong point. I'm there now actually but I'll be up in North Yorkshire in a couple of days for a wedding and to see my folks and then back in the Midlands for the 1st of Jan until the end of Uni.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 11:06:27 PM »
 :haha: then go for 80's  :thumbs:

There are some bockers closer to cambs than what I am. We have meets a few places but they only usually get organized if we have a good excuse lol :biggrin:

When you move this way we can put a meet on or something. Sounds like a perfect excuse. We got a gym in bury now wool :biggrin: hope your hocks get delivered when you want them to. Christmas delivery sucks :laugh:
 :spudT:

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 11:51:49 PM »
Hey Hodge, keep us updated where you are, i'm down near st. ives quite a lot playing normal *cough*better*cough* hockey  ;). So i can easily bring my bocks down and meet up. Also when they stop injuring themselves/needing surgery, theres a fair few Bury/Newmarket way that i usually meet with. Hope you get up and bouncing soon =]

Offline Hodge

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 01:56:21 PM »
Field Hockey ya mean? I played that back in college, nowhere near as fun as doing it on wheels  ;D

I think I'll be going it alone for the next few months back in sunny Staffordshire so by the time I've moved to St Ives I might actually be able to walk on the things.

I can't wait to be honest, skating is my only other form of exercise really and Stoke isn't designed for it, due to it being built on the side of a mountain and having the worst road surfaces in Britain.

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 03:20:24 PM »
Aye, far easier, i hated roller hockey, couldn't even hit it 'cos i kept falling over! Quite enjoyed ice hockey though, not so much hitting the puck as each other.... :D

Good luck with the pro jumps, they are far better than skates anyday! :)

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 03:48:25 PM »
Hey Hodge, keep us updated where you are, i'm down near st. ives quite a lot playing normal *cough*better*cough* hockey  ;). So i can easily bring my bocks down and meet up. Also when they stop injuring themselves/needing surgery, theres a fair few Bury/Newmarket way that i usually meet with. Hope you get up and bouncing soon =]

lol shhh u

eny way hi dude gd to c we r getting more ea members im 1 of the 1s from bury when i can walk agen il sort out a meet some where coz of of these lazy buggers cba to organize them lol :P  :thumbs:

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 07:01:11 PM »

lol shhh u

eny way hi dude gd to c we r getting more ea members im 1 of the 1s from bury when i can walk agen il sort out a meet some where coz of of these lazy buggers cba to organize them lol :P  :thumbs:

hey,

im one of the un-injured EA's (cos im not silly like greggles :P)...and hoefully i will stay that way =]
maybe see you soon

Mini Ellis xxx

Offline Hodge

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 06:26:43 PM »
Got a phone call from PJs the other morning telling me the M80's were back in stock but had no money at the time, then I checked my bank this morning and the good old student loan went in already! Wasn't expecting it for another week, so obviously went ahead and ordered the kit I wanted, decided to splash out and get the calf cuffs and pro-bindings. I've got a duff right knee so the calf cuffs should be better than the knee bars for me, and the pro-bindings look very similar to the quick release straps on my blades so I figure at least I'd be used to them.

Unfortunately these first two weeks back at uni I've got two mega epic deadlines (damned final year) so I won't get to sproing about much...but still...pro-jumps will be mine all miiine  :banana:

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 06:37:46 PM »
lucky git, loans never go in on time for me

(bet mines bigger though XD)

Offline Hodge

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 08:21:28 PM »
I get nearly the maximum amount possible as I'm an independant mature student, I get just over 1100 in loan and another 945 in a grant, plus in a couple of weeks I get 650 from the university in a bursary  :banana:

I feel its justified, I paid my taxes working long hours in crappy jobs for years before I came to uni, and I don't blow my money on beer and drugs unlike some students I could think of.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 10:14:30 PM »
hehe marginally more then, only difference is i get £1000 from the uni for being poor and only have to pay back the 945

XD i blow all my loan on bocks and games etc for my 360

Offline Hodge

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 11:10:01 PM »
The PJ's are my only splurge this year unfortunately lol, I've gotta make another two films at least before the end of the year and with production costs of ~500 quid each that doesn't leave an awful lot for rent and food and electricity and all that other crap we have to pay for these days  :banghead:

Offline Hodge

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 11:23:19 AM »
Blargh, phone call from Pro-Jumps this morning, apparently the M80s aren't back in stock t'was a mistake. They've got 80 springs and offered to do a switchover on a pair of existing stiltsbut for a 15 quid charge and I think if I spend any more on these my fiancee will kill me, so I went for the M90's instead...I'll just have to try harder.

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 02:27:28 PM »
shouldn't be to hard to learn on 90s, and they'll probably last you longerbefore needing beefier springs :D  good luck with em, stiff springs can be a bit hard at first  (though i'm referring to me(60kg) on 90-120kg springs XD)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 08:14:49 PM »
Heres an idea Hodge

Why don't you make one (or both) of yor films about Bocking  :biggrin:  :banana:

You have got a cast of 1000's (well maybe 100's  :haha:) who will all work for free and some of them can do some really cool tricks and a lot of falls  :biggrin:

I will almost guarantee that not a single person on here is camera shy  :biggrin:

I don't know what type of films you are making but a Docku/Drama about bocking would find a ready audience on here  :thumbs:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Dark Knight

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 08:19:00 PM »
I will almost guarantee that not a single person on here is camera shy  :biggrin:
Ask for your money back !
 :Dark_Knight:

Offline Hodge

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 10:01:51 PM »
Heres an idea Hodge

Why don't you make one (or both) of yor films about Bocking  :biggrin:  :banana:

You have got a cast of 1000's (well maybe 100's  :haha:) who will all work for free and some of them can do some really cool tricks and a lot of falls  :biggrin:

I don't know what type of films you are making but a Docku/Drama about bocking would find a ready audience on here  :thumbs:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Yeah, its tempting but we have a kind of unspoken rule against "extreme sport" films, if I could find an angle wherein the bocking was merely a device to tell a heart warming story...

Still, I wanna try and get across for Lincoln and get some footage in the can purely for film making purposes outside of the degree because, well, bocking is cool :D

Offline Hodge

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 05:19:45 PM »
PJs arrived this morning  :banana:

Got 'em out, strapped em on and had a naughty go in the living room, they feel very odd to stand on. Gonna attach the calf cuffs and new bindings over the weekend and try get down to the uni outdoor football pitch so I've got space and a fence to pull myself up with.