Author Topic: Dec 08/ Jan 09 Competition - Win Jackets, Cuffs, Bindings...  (Read 41613 times)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
Dec 08/ Jan 09 Competition - Win Jackets, Cuffs, Bindings...
« on: December 10, 2008, 04:09:29 PM »
DEC 08 - JAN 09 COMPETITION

1st prize - Bionic Jacket, Pair of Pro-Jump Calf Cuffs, and a pair of Pro-Bindings.
2nd prize - Pair of Pro-Jump Calf Cuffs and a pair of Pro-Bindings.
3rd Prize - A pair of Pro-Bindings

Starts now! Ends Sunday 1st Feb 09

Just going to keep it simple this time, you can send in pics or videos, can be anything you want, as long as its original and not something posted before, can be just having fun on your stilts, festive pics,  tutorials, do's and don't, mishaps,  etc

All vids, pics need to have at some corner of the pic or before/after vid footage in a legible font size the following please:
Pro-Jump Dec 08 Competition
www.ProJumpForum.co.uk

Content needs to be original and not posted before. Will take into consideration originality, effort when deciding on winner.

I have created a new thread for you to enter the vids / pics in, please do not discuss on that thread so it can be kept clear. If you wish to add more than one please modify your post to add other pics and vids. This thread can be found here http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2794.0.

You can also your entries on this thread where members can post comments if they wish, but in order for it to be considered you MUST add the content to the thread above too.

Competition Rules can be found here http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=5.0

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member

Offline XS

Re: Dec 08/ Jan 09 Competition - Win Jackets, Cuffs, Bindings...
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 02:54:56 AM »
rules say you'll only post prizes to the UK can i enter anyway?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 04:30:16 AM »
Sure  :thumbs:

you'll have to arrange to get the prize over to you from a UK addy though if you win  ;)

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 03:46:44 PM »
Its been a while :P but glad 2 see another comp

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 10:18:03 PM »
Ohh good a competition  :banana:

What shall I break this time in an attempt to win  :haha:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 02:52:13 PM »
Hmmm . . . . what to do . . . . buy the spare parts . . . and then fix my bocks on a video?? no better tutorial that literally watching it!  Or I could ask Carl if he wants to do a drinking session on bocks and video the results! hehe!! awsome!

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 05:18:28 PM »
well i would get some one who can drink more, 2 options come down here or go up to sky high :banana:

Dark Knight

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 07:03:39 PM »
Ohh good a competition  :banana:

What shall I break this time in an attempt to win  :haha:

Jason  :Hoofies2:
Dress as santa and try bocking down your chimney on your roof !
I think you could then break about every bone ( left ) your body when you fall off the roof !?

That's a joke DON'T try it !

DON'T LEAVE IT UNTILL THE LAST DAY OR YOU MAY FIND YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO ENTER ![/color]

« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 01:13:18 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline PowerJoe

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 07:23:28 PM »
aw damn, all the snow for this year has already been :( lol now my pic will be rubbish :P

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
Re: Dec 08/ Jan 09 Competition Entry thread
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 05:18:54 PM »
Awsome vid hun!!! How long did it take you to get that idea?! lol!

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 05:41:15 PM »
Awsome vid hun!!! How long did it take you to get that idea?! lol!

i heard the song and thought it would be funny to do, then it took me about 2weeks to write the new lyrics and another week to do photos andf rec =]

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 06:41:19 PM »
aww i am even in the credits :)

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 07:44:02 PM »
aww i am even in the credits :)

ahh yeah =] its cos ur awesome (Y)

love

Mini Ellis xxx

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 09:15:03 PM »
Well, My vids up, had so much trouble with the music you wouldn't believe, anyway so its up...eventually =]

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 10:32:17 PM »
just finished editing mine, damm vegas hogging all my ram, still works better than moviemasher, i'll upload it once the dam things finished rendering and i've checked everything over again, nothing special though

Offline ricky35

• Welsh Bockers
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 03:57:06 PM »
this may be an inappropriate place to discuss this but does anyone know how to change mp4 format files into a formtat that is suitable for WIndows Movie Maker to use?

i want to enter the comp but i have no way of editing the footage when its in mp4 format

cheers
ricky
<a href="http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf</a>

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 04:03:22 PM »
Ricky when you are importing the videos in change the selection from "video and picture files" to "all files", you should then be able to import them as usual =]

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 04:43:31 PM »
this may be an inappropriate place to discuss this but does anyone know how to change mp4 format files into a formtat that is suitable for WIndows Movie Maker to use?
RIVA FLVconverter. It's meant for converting to flash videos but it'll convert it to whatever you like if you change the file extension of the end-conversion file from .flv to .wmv or .mpg or .avi, depending on what format you want to use.

Ricky when you are importing the videos in change the selection from "video and picture files" to "all files", you should then be able to import them as usual =]
Depends if he has a WMM compatible MP4 codec though.

Offline ricky35

• Welsh Bockers
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 05:13:36 PM »
cheers for the advice ;)

no worries i found a gd program that allows me to convert videos into different formats.....working now ;D
<a href="http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf</a>

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 01:12:55 PM »
Just over a week left guys :)

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 07:03:17 PM »
Ah lame. I was gonna enter this but I was busy. I wanted to try a new trick in the gym, but it's not open til Tuesday. And this competition closes on Saturday. =( Shame. Will there be any more competitions for calf cuffs?

I was busy doing a 2 month play in Birmingham. I never met the guy, but one of the actors told me he worked with some bockers in the Lord of the Rings play! ^_^ They played Orcs or something! ^_^ Shame I never got to see him in action.

Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 07:16:29 PM »
I have been asked by a few members to extend the comp till the end of the month. I'll see if the people who have already entered don't mind the extra week and take it from there. Not sure when the next comp will be.

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 07:46:38 PM »
I have been asked by a few members to extend the comp till the end of the month. I'll see if the people who have already entered don't mind the extra week and take it from there. Not sure when the next comp will be.

Jeez, some people.... :P

[also the new smileys scare me slightly!]

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 08:52:51 PM »
Naz, that'd be fantastic! But I don't want you to think I was asking you to extend the date. I just wanted to know when the next one was. I mentioned I was busy as an introduction to the fact that I was working with some people who knew power-bocking Orcs! ^_^ Since I thought that was cool! ^_^ The hobits don't stand a chance! ^_^

...But if the date was extended that'd be brilliant. ^_^

Jeez, some people.... :P

Sorry.

[also the new smileys scare me slightly!]

Ditto.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.