Author Topic: Meet the Puddster  (Read 11097 times)

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
Re: Meet the Puddster
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2008, 12:05:02 PM »
but I'll most likely be back in Dorchester or Yeovil for Christmas unfortunately. 

Wooop!
Someone local to me, I live the other side of Sherborne if your coming from Yeovil way.

The only problem is that a week on friday i'm going to New Zealand and Australia for 7months as part of my gap year, so a meet might have to wait a bit  ;D

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Dark Knight

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2008, 01:15:24 PM »
but I'll most likely be back in Dorchester or Yeovil for Christmas unfortunately. 

Wooop!
Someone local to me, I live the other side of Sherborne if your coming from Yeovil way.

The only problem is that a week on friday i'm going to New Zealand and Australia for 7months as part of my gap year, so a meet might have to wait a bit  ;D

I don't know frst you tell him your happy to have someone local to you then tell him you'll be half round the world !
ET will more local to you !?

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 01:49:48 PM »
1)  Damn you for going to NZ, I really want to go out there.
2)  Damn you further for leaving on my birthday!  Now that is just rude...
3)  Have a great time though!

I'm guessing you live around Milbourne way if you're on the other side of Sherbs, but if you frequented Sherbs, you may have already seen be around (I went to Sherbs Boys for a couple of months, didn't like it so became a 'commoner' and moved up to Gryphon).
Are there many other bockers in the Yeovil area that you know of?  If not, I may end up keeping my bocking to Bournemouth for the most part.

hey you should come to the meet in london on the 14th
As much as I'd like to, I don't think I'll be able to make the meet on the 14th, got my birthday on the 12th, and I think the family (or the lady) want to steal me for the few days afterwards.  Will definitely attend as many meets as I can though!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 02:27:38 PM by Puddster »

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2008, 10:48:50 PM »
Yeah, I'm in Milborne and just finished a levels at Gryphon Sixth form.
How long were you at the gryphon for?
Do you know one of the DT teachers called Mr Grundy?

There are one or two people around here but if you want to do some proper bocking i'd suggest Bournemouth as thats where most people are.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2008, 12:01:34 AM »
I was at Gryphon from Jan/2004-Jun/2006, Physics, Maths and ICT were my A-levels.  The name Grundy rings a bell, but I don't think I ever really met him (unless it was in passing).

It's nice to know there's a couple of bockers in and around Yeovil, but seeing as I spend most of my time in Bournemouth anyway, I can't complain!

Just stuck me some hooves on my bocks today, started making some spring armour out of a nicely hacked up bicycle tyre...  Would be so much easier with some scissors and a decent hole punch rather than a knife and a basic tool kit!  My lady's going to do the stitching for some QR knee straps when she gets some time, I've already cut everything to size and so far, so good (touch wood!).

Any other suggestions/recommended moderations for my bocks while I'm on a roll?

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2008, 02:07:35 AM »
ello pudster welcome to the forum :)

So ur a pc geek :D what i like to hear XD

im aidan - Mr motivated acording to some XD my website crap but u shud spray or die u bocks a diff colour gives it a massive effect XD mine are curently blue and black frame wif blue and black tyre's on the back

AND YES THTS RYT Aidan is bak!!! my bocks have been dusted and i am ready to break my knee caps again!

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2008, 01:43:18 PM »
As soon as I have the money (and time), my bocks are being turned a deep red and black colour scheme.

How easy is it to replace the (in my case bright orange) foam behind the calves and are there any recommended replacements or mod guides?

Thank you for the welcome aidanh1, broke your knee caps?  How long ago did that happen?

Dark Knight

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2008, 01:51:28 PM »
You could pull the foam out  (they are held on by stitching ) and glue a different colour in it ( don't know of anyone that has ) but may take some of the strength way ?
Why not just upgrade them to a better pair that's what most people do.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 07:19:38 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2008, 07:32:38 PM »
He only just got his bocks. Replace them so he can have a different colour calf pad?

Maybe you could staple some other fabric over them..I duno lol..

Do a good job with the paint or you might regret it lol

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2008, 09:21:40 PM »
Why not just paint them with permanent markers (test a small area first in case it melts the foam)

You can get them in a few colours nowdays I bought a pack of 4 in Sainsburys Black,Blue,Red and green for about £2

That would save you from tearing the foam off

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2008, 09:53:29 PM »
well pudster :P i say i broke them but my knees have allways been knda bad and i jumped rong one day and i wasnt able to walk for a week i went to my doctor and he said that i must of hyper extended them a little or the soket moved summa tlike that im not into all this medical mubo jumbo but anyway ive been excersising my muscles in my legs so when the ice and snow has gone i will be bocking once again :D

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2008, 12:01:20 AM »
Replacing them is a little extreme for just changing the colour of one bit of padding.  I'm considering the inks from a permanent marker, and if they don't work, I'll steal some of mummy's dye.  I'm sure she has some red somewhere!
Stapling some material over them may not be as crazy as it sounds actually, (1) extra padding and (2) my own design work (perhaps speak to a friend and get a embroidered logo...  *brain clicks into first gear*).
As for me and paints?  I'm a perfectionist, if it's not done perfectly, it gets done again from scratch!

As for the dodgy knees?  Join the club, I have tibal-osteoperosis or something with a fancy name like that (basically too much cartilage between my knees making them painful occasionally).  I have to know all the 'medical mumbo jumbo' for my degree.  Today I was tested on 20 bones from the body, which was great fun, got a 40 bone test coming up on my birthday (next Friday).

Anyway, I should get some work done so I can spend some time finishing my spring armour tomorrow and not feel like I've got no work for university done!

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2008, 01:16:32 AM »
human anatomy what a wonderful thing :P

i can name 10 of the major muscles in ur body XD

coz everyone want's to no what a sternocleidomastoid is ;)

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2008, 02:35:52 PM »
Oh dear, it's the weekend and words like this are cropping up?!

I'm studying law today, so the human anatomy will have to wait.  It's law today, forensic practices tomorrow and then a team project until Wednesday and after that, I've got to cram the name (and how to side) every major bone in the body.  But once the 12th has passed, I'll practically be a free man.  I can't wait!

Offline sidnell1990

• Im Claire!
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2008, 02:36:44 AM »
A little late to reply here... but oh well.....

Hello Pudd hun... long time no see!!

Great to see ya got yaself a pair of bocks...

we'll have to go out for a bounce one day soon together... (finally a reason to meet up.... known u too long without meeting ya  :P  )

Luvz

Claire xxxxx

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2008, 02:40:37 AM »
Thank you sidnell, didn't know you were a bocker too!  Nice to hear from you since our WoW days!
Have to say though, bocking beats WoW any day!  :D

Offline sidnell1990

• Im Claire!
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2008, 02:42:52 AM »
Thank you sidnell, didn't know you were a bocker too!  Nice to hear from you since our WoW days!
Have to say though, bocking beats WoW any day!  :D

well u know now :P hehe

i'll agree with u... Bocking beats WoW.... but only when it isnt raining....as soon as theres rain.... WoW wins hands down!

Claire xxx

(im a guild master now :P I can tell peoples what to do!!  EPIC!)

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2008, 02:46:32 AM »
When it's raining, one should be modifying one's bocks, not playing WoW!  At least, that's what I seem to end up doing unless I'm busy with university!  Anyway, I hope to see you bocking around sometime, can't wait until the christmas period is over so bocking meets can be arranged :D