Author Topic: Meet the Puddster  (Read 11075 times)

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
Meet the Puddster
« on: December 02, 2008, 12:07:23 AM »
Hello one and all, another one to join the ranks as a bocker.  Got me a set of Pro-Jumps for my birthday.
(Technically, it's not my birthday until the 12th December, but I got mummy to hand them over early! :angel: ).

Anyway, some random facts about me, in no particular order, just in case you want to know:

I'm a student studying Forensic and Crime Scene Science at Bournemouth University.
I'm a geek, love my Xbox 360 and my laptop (and any other computers I have).
I'm in to a variety of music, mostly rock (Within Temptation is being over-played at the moment) but also classical (I study to Mozart, and I'm proud!).
I'm a member of the Moderation Team for the Zedge (Mobile phone ring-tones, themes, wallpapers etc.) forums (currently 11.8M members and growing)
I'm handy with almost all electronics, computers and 'technology'.
I sometimes study advanced theories of particle physics for fun!
I like the colour red (goes well with black!)

My (brief) bocking history:
Day 1 (23rd Nov 2008): 10 minutes of "Wow, this feels weird", another hour of walking aimlessly about with stupid grin
Day 2 (26th Nov 2008): Another 5 minutes of "Wow, I forgot what this feels like" after a couple days of non-bocking, a couple of hours of walking about bouncing again, armed with stupid grin and being beeped at by random drivers/bikers!
(28th Nov 2008):  Kick myself for still not having any protective gear, go to nearest sports outlet, get distracted by punch-bag on sale and finally get some kit
Since then, rain or university assignments have gotten in the way!  Darnit!

Anyway, questions conversations and what not, just give me a shout! ;D

Dark Knight

Re: Meet the Puddster
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 12:14:33 AM »
Hiya you must get a medal for a welcome like that !

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 12:17:15 AM »
Well, I figured may as well give people a feel for my nature...  Some say it's 'in-your-face', I say it's confidence and fun!  :D 

Dark Knight

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 12:22:47 AM »
"I sometimes study advanced theories of particle physics for fun"

Advanced !
About time I had someone who could grasp my theories of Space-time and quantum singularities.

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 12:22:59 AM »
Welcome to the forum =]

- yes i got in quick before Spud *giggles* sorry spud i feel well proud now, i never get a chance to be the first to welcome ;D

Anyhoos, where do you live when you aren't at uni ?
hope to see you soon for a bock =]

Mini Ellis xxx

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 12:24:27 AM »
Welcome! You sound...clever   :thumbs: But.. clever doesn't always mean sane which explains the bocks    :nana:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Beethoven is better  :nana:

Haha, didnt know we had a comp going ellis! You're on  :haha:

:spudT:

Dark Knight

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 12:29:43 AM »
Welcome! You sound...clever   :thumbs: But.. clever doesn't always mean sane which explains the bocks    :nana:

Mozart did know Beethoven

Offline Mini Ellis

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Mini Ellis <3 Greggles
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 12:32:19 AM »
Welcome! You sound...clever   :thumbs: But.. clever doesn't always mean sane which explains the bocks    :nana:

neither did i till now it seems....so rules :P
lol

Mini Ellis xxx

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 12:34:18 AM »
Clever doesn't mean sane, far from it.  My lady (another clever cookie) also wants to attempt to incapacitate herself using a pair of bocks at some point in the near future.
She had a play with mine when I first got them, took her two steps before she was walking unaided...  I hate her for being so awesome sometimes, but still, wouldn't have her any other way!

As for the theories of particle physics, I have many an idea of high energy physics and how certain theories can be applied in many different areas!

From what I've seen so far, Spud's the main forum-keeper here! :p

Looks like a friendly community, so hopefully I'll fit right in!  :D

Besides, Mozart > Beethoven!

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 12:42:55 AM »
I'm a student studying Forensic and Crime Scene Science at Bournemouth University.
And www.jurassicjumpers.co.uk is the site for you! :)
Welcome, maybe see you soon if you come to a meet

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 12:48:09 AM »
I was just looking at JJ, and I'm really tempted by the 26th December Bocksing Day Bock-Off ... and a beer, but I'll most likely be back in Dorchester or Yeovil for Christmas unfortunately.  I was talking to my lady the other day saying when she gets her bocks that we'd have to do the sea-front strip from Boscombe to Bournemouth piers.  Hopefully I'll meet some of you local ones soon!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 12:52:49 AM »

Nope, thats not me  :haha:

Beethoven's appassionata and symphony number 9 are the best ever! I like Mozart, but I prefer Beethoven.

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 12:59:13 AM »

I've seen the webmaster here and there, but Spud seems much more approachable... :p

As for Beethoven, yes, he has talent, but Mozart's Sonata number 11 is amazing, but still nothing compared to his Requiem (don't remember which sonata that's from, or even if it is part of a sonata).

I'm liking the lack of bigots in these forums and the (potential) of an actual intellectual conversation (possibly; considering we're all a little crazy to be strapping giant springs to our feet and launching ourselves in the first place?)!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 01:11:25 AM »

I've seen the webmaster here and there, but Spud seems much more approachable... :p

As for Beethoven, yes, he has talent, but Mozart's Sonata number 11 is amazing, but still nothing compared to his Requiem (don't remember which sonata that's from, or even if it is part of a sonata).

I'm liking the lack of bigots in these forums and the (potential) of an actual intellectual conversation (possibly; considering we're all a little crazy to be strapping giant springs to our feet and launching ourselves in the first place?)!

lol thanks..you dug me in lil hole now..how do I escape  ??? No seriously, Naz(webmaster) is awesome. Super super helpful and lovely :) and I'm not saying that because I should  :thumbs: Stick around and you will see  ;)

and lol the Requiem is a requiem, no sonata or anything. It is a very powerful piece of music. I like it. Took me a few listens to "get" it tho. But I still like Beethoven best. He was a very clever guy ;)

Dark Knight

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 01:12:42 AM »
Clever doesn't mean sane, far from it.  My lady (another clever cookie) also wants to attempt to incapacitate herself using a pair of bocks at some point in the near future.
She had a play with mine when I first got them, took her two steps before she was walking unaided...  I hate her for being so awesome sometimes, but still, wouldn't have her any other way!

As for the theories of particle physics, I have many an idea of high energy physics and how certain theories can be applied in many different areas!

Looks like a friendly community, so hopefully I'll fit right in!  :D

If you don't fit in someone will bash you in some how

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 01:24:11 AM »
I'd rather not be a 'bodge-job', but still, once I'm in, I'm in I guess!

Just been looking at the stiltmodz site (and drooling according to my lady...  She wouldn't hand me the tissues!), I think I know what I'll be doing over the Christmas break if it's raining.  I can see a lot of my money being spent on modifications, protection and general bocking equipment, but I'm definitely looking forward to getting into it properly.  Just need to get these assignments out the way, then I can spend (too much) time bocking...

Offline leon michael

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 02:07:57 AM »
when are they actually gonna update that with new "modZ"?? theres only 3 on there.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 09:21:52 AM »
I don't think the site will be completed. Zendalfire (the creator) worked really hard and did some great tutorials and even a free prize draw for us. But, he got injured and doesn't bock, other than occasions now. It's a shame because the site is great and he is really cool.

If you look around the forum you will probably find a lot of info on mods. The are some good tutorials on here and a lot of useful other tips too. If you read through the mods section you should find some stuff that helps and some cool mods ;)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 11:10:05 AM »
Welcome to the forum :) Love the intro  :)

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 12:29:31 PM »
Thank you for the welcomes.  Perhaps one day, when I'm good with Pro-Jumps, I can write a few tutorials for the modz pages...  But those days won't be for a while yet, especially with my current work load!

Offline Puddster

• Meh
    • Zedge
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 10:21:10 PM »
I've just added my MSN address to my profile, so if anyone wants to add me, please feel free (just let me know either by PM or chuck a reply to this thread to let me know who you are before you do!)

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 10:54:05 PM »
hi
im toddy and just ask Spud about my mods

hay spud

Offline lynch

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 12:32:12 AM »
hey you should come to the meet in london on the 14th

Offline zendalfire

• StiltModZ.com
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 03:44:13 AM »
A friendly welcome to the Puddster.
So, you also enjoy keeping up on the Cern non-fiction, then?

Please excuse the incomplete site (stiltmodz), I'm slowly getting back to it..

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 10:06:23 AM »
Thats great news Zen   :) Its good to see you around here and modding again  :thumbs: