Author Topic: Pro-Jump Calf Cuff Walkthrough  (Read 48670 times)

Offline billymaya

Re: Pro-Jump Calf Cuff Walkthrough
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2010, 12:41:22 AM »
lol the thing is if it works the first time then why change the bloody thing it happens with so many things at the momment i hate bloody change lol (grumpy old man moment) it it aint broke dont fix it

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2010, 08:18:13 PM »
Yep Billy I'm with you there

And have you noticed that just when you find something really tasty Bl**dy Sainsburys goes and "New Improves" it

How can taking the coconut sprinkles off Perswari Nad, putting less fruit in them,and making them totaly tasteless be an Improvement  :Claugh:

Jason  :Hoofies2: :CGEEK:

Offline billymaya

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2010, 08:31:04 PM »
ooooh jason your my kinda man  :Claugh:  Perswari nans are my favourite quite agree with you if there gonna take half of it out its hardly a  Perswari any more is it????

its like why take smtv off of saturday morning telly bring back holly will-a-booby in her french maid outfit it was cracking why change it??? it certainly made me get up in the morning lol

Offline JCDenton

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2011, 10:02:43 PM »
My strap only just reaches the back, i have skinny legs too lol. I have some spare velcro somewhere.. i might make an extention lol

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2011, 12:05:45 PM »
lol the thing is if it works the first time then why change the bloody thing it happens with so many things at the momment i hate bloody change lol (grumpy old man moment) it it aint broke dont fix it
it's called intended obselesence & it is entirely about making you spend as much money as possible

Offline GIZMOQUEEN

• Elite Member
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2011, 03:08:05 PM »
and waste your time.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2011, 04:19:41 PM »
it's called intended obselesence & it is entirely about making you spend as much money as possible

It's actually called "how best to make Naz lose all her hair and say words that would get bleeped out by the BBC ;)"

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2011, 06:45:42 PM »
You lot think you have problems  :Claugh:

My wife acctually ran away and left me in Sainsburys  :Cbiggrin: (from embarassment)

I managed to corner 2 managers and the area manager once and started in on them about changing/discontinuing all the lines I liked  :Claugh:

I kept them there for about 40 mins  :Cbiggrin:

So it could be worse you might have to go shopping with me  :Cbiggrin:

Oh the wife now does the weekly shop on her way home to avoid taking me along for the last 6 months (after 19 years of shopping together )

Does the expression Grumpy Old Man spring to mind  :Claugh:

Offline SNuD

• PJF Contributor
    • N.E.W.C. Powerbockers
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2011, 02:11:59 AM »
Oh the wife now does the weekly shop on her way home to avoid taking me along for the last 6 months (after 19 years of shopping together )

Now that's what I call a result  :banana:

Growing OLD is compulsory. Growing UP is optional. OPT OUT!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2011, 07:52:25 PM »
Your never gonna believe this SNuD but I used to like going shopping with her  :Claugh:

I had forgotton the Banana one well done

:nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance:

My favorite  :Cbiggrin:

Offline killax

« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2011, 02:43:14 AM »
So let me get this straight.  I want to take off the padding drill the velcro on the cuff strap...measure where my leg should be..adjust the cuff back so its at that length..put tye velcro back on..and strap up? that may explain why I couldn't get a tight fit and felt like the back of my leg wasn't pushed hard.  I couldn't strap it smaller due to thin lets when really it must be because I didn't fix the strap! The distance. That makes me happy seeing I don't have to add extra padding to my leg

Offline billymaya

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2011, 09:50:28 AM »
hi killax :) just a quick note with the calf cuffs they do take a while to soften up a bit so stick with them when i first got my cuffs they were hard to tighten down but about a month down the line they get alot easier to tighten down properly,also try bulking them out with shin/knee pads if you have skinny legs some of the guys do this to help pad it up a bit to make it a better fit :)

Offline killax

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2011, 04:46:19 PM »
Well, Maybe i lack explaining but here.  I have the bars rotate close to, what was best fit for me.  As you can see, the back of the cuff, even with the padding! is EQUAL to the metal back.  Not where your leg is, which maybe 1" for example.  But the cuff, as 0".  That's why i was asking if that is something you can adjust, or not really due to the strap (meaning I may have to drill holes possibly)

Also.  Whats the deal with the strap on the side?  I mean it can hit the Velcro above the bar, but whats the point in that?  It's not a tight stretch to that Velcro...So, why have it?  I couldn't find a single use to it to be honest.

Offline billymaya

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2011, 05:19:23 PM »
by the looks of your photos you need to open the metal arms a bit more so that your leg slides to the back of the calf cuff if you have them to close together this stops your calf muscel from sitting in the back of the cuff properly, it does take a bit of fiddling around until you get it right its all down to individuals taste really, the flap on the side mmmm yes kinda pointless its supposed to help protect the bolt that the cuff attaches with but mine half ripped through quite quickly and the velcro on it doesnt really hold its the same on most models with calf cuffs i think.

before you start drilling holes in them i'd have a play around with them by taking the inside of the cuff right out (its all velcrode on) so you should have 2 pieces to it and adjust it around your leg ive always found it easier to adjust the cuffs once on your stilts so you can put your self in the right position and balanced when u walk as you get used to them you should be able to adjust them to how you like it :)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2011, 06:53:50 PM »
If you go to the 3rd post at the begining of this thread the picture shows that the two halfs of the stilts can be seperated and adjusted

You should be able to get them much smaller and further forward that you have them without drilling holes in anything

Jason  :Hoofies2:  :CGEEK:

Offline killax

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2011, 08:21:12 PM »
Yup that was the problem.  When i put them on my leg was under 1" from the back bar.  But my foot was more than 1" away.  I ended up pulling the bars apart, and found the cuff strap was way too far back.  I undid it all, re-adjusted it, and now my leg not only hits the back at a good distance from the bar, the cuff actually FITS around my whole leg, unlike it did before =)  Much nicer fit, now to repeat to the other, and maybe give them a try to see the difference.  Thanks!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2011, 07:29:41 PM »
Glad to help mate

I hate to see a bocker in pain  :Claugh: