Author Topic: newbie  (Read 2893 times)

Offline steve3

« on: September 30, 2008, 02:51:18 PM »
hi just thought i would drop by as i am getting some pro jumps at the end of the week should be here by thursday,ok a lil about myself i am 45 yep i know thats old but hey i have a mental age of about 12 lol i stand about 5ft 11" and weigh 16st yep i,m a fat one lol and i am getting the m110 pro jumps,the job i do is a part time snowboard instructor and a full time foster carer (keeps me young keeping youngsters amused),,,,so at my age and build do yer think i will be able to pick this sport up or even more pick me self up lol, anyway catch yer all soon and i will send you my 1st A&E pics when i get them lol.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 04:24:51 PM »
hi steve  and from 1 'kidault' to another   welcome.

Where abouts r u  there may be others u could boune about with

Offline Schoie

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 05:13:44 PM »
Hi Steve
           I've been a snowboarder for the last 7 years now and just recently just started powerbocking. I think it's harder to pick up snowboarding then powerbocking so you should be fine. Though powerbocking looks harder to master :Straddle5:
Some People Think I'm Bonkers...
But I Just Think I'm Free...
Man I'm Just Living My Live...
There's Nothing Crazy About Me...

Dark Knight

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 05:44:04 PM »
Hiya Steve

Where about's are you ?

I think we where setting a fun group for us for us older bockers we have bockers in their 50's !?

Jason has a dierect phone line to A&E

And you don't much bigger than me ( for now ? )

Offline steve3

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 06:29:12 PM »
hi all wot a great lot you seem and wow good to hear i,m not the oldest blocker or the biggest lol and i am from gosport in hampshire (sort of near portsmouth) :)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 06:59:46 PM »
yep I know gosport --submarine museum.

OO and as it happens , on another forum Ive just been reading and repling to children in need and halloween bocking ideas for Portsmouth!

I was gonna be bocking there this sunday --but im thinking weather dont look too good--and I need to pop over to devon so may change plans.

But I trust you have got the hint,  there r quite a few of us around you  ( can you tell im from bournemouth? hehe)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 07:09:03 PM »
Hi Steve

I'm 17st ish  :haha: and 6ft 3 1/2" and wait for it I'm the wrong end of 48 so you've got a long way to go in all directions to be fattest/tallest/oldest

As far as picking it up just take your time and wear wristguards kneepads and elbowpads

Oh and a cushion stuffed down your trousers could help  :haha:

Jason  :Hoofies2: