Author Topic: Anyone ever landed funny and hurt their back?  (Read 11652 times)

Offline jonnydonut

Anyone ever landed funny and hurt their back?
« on: August 28, 2008, 10:59:59 PM »
I was trying to get some height and sort of got a shock through my body which has kind of hurt my lungs/back at the same time.

Now when I land from jumping of anything I get this sort of ache halfway up my back that kind of affects my lungs, which is strange, I hope it goes away soon.

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
Re: Anyone ever landed funny and hurt their back?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 11:02:49 PM »
i get that sum times lol

idk wat it is but after landing on a chair on your back it dnt hurt much lol

hope u feel better

Jackk

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 11:32:17 PM »
It's called Bocker's back, it's because you're using muscles that rarely get that much of a workout.
Rest it for a few days then give it another go, you'll have it for about a month

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 11:39:13 PM »
also you might wanna play with your adjustment rods so the footplate tilts forward quite a lot. This helps keep your weight forward and stops you jarring your back in such a way.

Offline jonnydonut

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 11:51:46 PM »
Thx folks, was a bit worried it might be something worse, no bocking for me till it gets better then :(

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 11:53:51 PM »
Good posting too, one second before midnight:

Posted on: 28 August 2008, 23:59:59
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Rodamus_Zero

• X-Bocks
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 12:02:44 AM »
I had abdominal pains last week when ever I was out bocking.
Its pretty much gone now and my Doctor said it was just muscules being used that I wouldnt have normally.

Though it wasnt due to a funny landing, it was becasue I was trying to jump higher and to do so, I needed to use more muscules in my body  :biggrin:

Take some time off your bocks, I took 2 days off, got back on them, it hurt... so I took 2 more days off.
Loads of people have different parts of their body being effected, though most of the time, a sore back is due to "bockers back".

Just take it easy on your stilts once your back on top of things, dont push yourself... there is no race, just enjoy it al  :scool:
Tell Them, Zero is Here.
Team Member of x-b

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 07:28:20 PM »
Every time I go to a gym meet or big outdoor meet I wake up the next morning with at least 3 or 4 various parts of my body eithe seized up or in pain  :haha: so don't worry it's normal  :thumbs:

If you don't ache or hurt the day after your standing around to much so get jumping  :nana:

Or it could be old age  :'(

But I must enjoy it as I keep doing it  :banana:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline rickbicker26

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 07:33:41 PM »
dont forget about your spectaculare head plant either jason when u were learning to front flip :biggrin:

Offline jonnydonut

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 08:51:58 PM »
This actually started about three or four bounces into my bocking sesh, I was trying to get some more height and it just sort of went oof! Then pee'd me off for the rest of the afternoon cos everytime I tried to bounce it hurt and I had to stop, running was fine though, till I fell  ;D

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 10:30:46 PM »
Some time ago i was training with jason going over a jump and landed on my hip side of my leg still get a pain from it but its not stoping
me from bocking, re your back i was helping someone who never been on bocks and as i was holding her up standing in front she tripped
and her full weight went on me crushed my spine was off bocks for over a month but the cure was to see a osteopath had two visits
and was bocking again two days later in wales at cb.so it might pay you to go see one of these..good luck ..clive.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:32:28 PM by clive »

Offline Tom H

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 02:37:40 PM »
Does landing on your behind count as a funny landing.

I was etemting to do a two footed jump of a stage and kind of landed on one leg. This then resulted in me kind of shooting to one side, trying to regain balance but falling over backwards and giving my self Wip-lash all the way up my spine.

I continued bocking as not to look stupid in front of my friends who were finding the whole thing fairly funny but my spine and neck hurt for abou a week every time i got on my bocks.

Offline Gaz

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 05:36:41 PM »
I've had a stiff neck and a bit of an achey back from bocking.
my neck doesnt really bother me and the ache in my back goes away after a couple of bounces....
glad to hear im not the only one

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 11:31:18 PM »
If you want a stiff neck Gaz try this mate :haha:

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=841

And yes it did hurt  :biggrin:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline lynch

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 11:34:21 PM »
lol i thought this post would be about peoples bad falls o well glad to hear you got help 

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 11:41:19 PM »
also you might wanna play with your adjustment rods so the footplate tilts forward quite a lot. This helps keep your weight forward and stops you jarring your back in such a way.

and also makes it harder to get the weight on your heels, or at least does for me, but mine are tilted up at about 5-10 degrees, so probably not the average setup among bockers

every now and then you can land a bounce wrong, just need practice, and rest the injured parts

Offline leon michael

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »
i havent hurt it from landing funny. but  ive landed clean on the base of my spine, like today. bounced out of a Birani and landed on the bottom of my back from about 4-5 foot onto concrete, ended up A+E.

Offline Paul-Self

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 10:45:54 PM »
i havnt hurt myself bad on bocks but last night i did on a trampoline was going for a tripple front and overotated face planted onto the tramp hurt my face back arm wrist and thumb :\ ache like anything 2day!

Offline Tom H

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 10:38:21 PM »
To be truthfull I somtimes experiance pain in my back when I've just been jumping for quite along time. It can also be painfull after a peiod of time of not using my pro-jumps. I don't know if it is some kind of issue that I need to have checked out by a doctor or somthing. Just lived with it for a wile as it doesn't realy cause much of a problom.

Offline Kiola

• Elite Member
  • Nuttier than Squirrel Poo..
    • www.SimeonKiola.com
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 01:07:11 AM »
i havent hurt it from landing funny. but  ive landed clean on the base of my spine, like today. bounced out of a Birani and landed on the bottom of my back from about 4-5 foot onto concrete, ended up A+E.

That is the exact reason we do Back Sumis after a Birani hehe

Ive never bounced like that off a Birani but ive landed square onto my back after a front flip miss landing before.. and it hurts quite a bit hehe.

Hope all is ok and no serious damage was done :-\

New Vids;
The London Eye - By SimeonKiola
First Class - Car Flip Show 2013
Simeon Kiola 2012   

Currently Working Full time Self Employed International Stilts Acrobat/Entertainer

Offline TheBockingWizard

• Welshbockers
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 12:06:27 AM »
I had a bad one, did a flip onto the grass landed with the feet facing diagnally and bounced of the grass on to the concrete and landed on my back. was a painful one.
<a href="http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.welshbockers.co.uk/signature.swf</a>

Offline Ritchie52clayton

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 08:59:07 AM »
I had a funny fall once while jumping a gate, tumbling down to a low area beyond the gate. I hurt myself but it was so funny, me and friends laughed our hearts out.LOL