Author Topic: CB 2009  (Read 135382 times)

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
Re: CB 2009
« Reply #325 on: July 22, 2009, 03:34:31 AM »
i offered to do stuff if you wanted help so dont b***h lol

im off on holiday from work for a week was due to go to Aubria but stuff came up and i now cant so if you want nethink doin while im off let me know as will have more time to do it but will help right up untill the day if you want,

if its any other days except the 22nd n 23rd i cant go as i was told it was then so i booked time off work which i cant change which is same as jelly i think and a few others

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #326 on: July 22, 2009, 08:25:02 AM »
trixer: definately that weekend, that was decided months ago

so still to do:
phone met etc
decide a meetup time
post final info

put like that it looks easy, just need ot sit down and get it done

*is dragged away by his mother to paint the cottage some more*

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #327 on: July 22, 2009, 08:27:52 AM »
well why dont we just do same meet up place and time as the first London one 11am at speakers corner thats one thing solved so can i now have a organiser tee for making such an important decision lol

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #328 on: July 22, 2009, 09:18:03 AM »

If theres anything I can do to help, Id love to!

I dont live far from london either, so its not a pain to get to if anyone needs me to go and sort somthing in person ....
Do we need to make a list of all the people who are going?

Im not trying to butt in or anything coz its obvious that you lot know what your doing.... just thought id shout to say, "HEY IM HERE TO HELP, IF YOU WANT"   ~just tell me what to do  *MWAH*
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 09:21:38 AM by Bexx »

------------------------------------
No-Longer down south :(  I will miss london -- but I will be back, oh yes

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #329 on: July 22, 2009, 10:31:06 AM »
well why dont we just do same meet up place and time as the first London one 11am at speakers corner thats one thing solved so can i now have a organiser tee for making such an important decision lol
No because I said that on the previous page :P

Do we need to make a list of all the people who are going?
Would definately be helpful! GO GO GO ;D

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #330 on: July 22, 2009, 10:37:21 AM »
No because I said that on the previous page :P

yea but i second'ed it lol what do you want me to do im like well bored n got nuffin to do u cld b usin me lol

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #331 on: July 22, 2009, 11:03:40 AM »
hehe made my shirt and i think orgonizers should have yellow

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #332 on: July 22, 2009, 11:08:41 AM »
how about pink tee's for everyone

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #333 on: July 22, 2009, 11:51:27 AM »
how about pink tee's for everyone

PINK GETS MY VOTE!!!

---------------------------------------------------------

OK MY JOB IS MAKING A LIST FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING!! :Cyes:

LEAVE IT TO ME!!!! WOOOOO 

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #334 on: July 22, 2009, 12:09:01 PM »
well if people want pink shirts, how about a pink shirt design?

i vote yellow with green for organisers, because the designs done and they're sat waiting to be bought, job done move onto the next thing

bexx: a simple thread with either a poll to say yes/no (don't really need names, chasing up 100 odd people on the day would be hell in a sandwich) or a post either yes/no only type thing, keep discussion out of it

and while you're at it add

saturday 22nd august (as no-one's said no to it, and at least 1 good reason not to have it on the sunday)
11am-speakers corner(hyde park)  (i'd be arriving via waterloo around 9:30/10am anyways, so optional meetup there an hour beforehand?)
(i'll throw up a googlemap of the route or something...watch this space :D)

t-shirt links(once colours have been decided, rather not spend ages arguing over a detail like that)

link to this thread for valid discussion, as to keep it uncluttered and not have another candidate for pro-jump forums longest thread award

that'd probably do it for now...

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #335 on: July 22, 2009, 12:59:35 PM »

saturday 22nd august (as no-one's said no to it, and at least 1 good reason not to have it on the sunday)

thought it was the 22nd AND 23rd ?

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #336 on: July 22, 2009, 01:07:39 PM »
nope, think the main reasons for just one day are that there's not enough stuff to do round london (aparently), no cheap camping, and there was gonna be a gym meet organised for one of the days, but that didn't get sorted/would be completely ridiculous with the amount of people expected to come

i'll be up for a 2nd day of it though, if anyone else fancies doing a london meet

Offline Caroline

« Reply #337 on: July 22, 2009, 02:06:19 PM »
iv told my mum its 22nd and 23rd lol, where is everyone staying though my mum is wondering if i can go because she doesnt know how we will transport the bocks on a plane :/ id be up for a meet on the 21st and 23rd as i think il be arriving on the 21st stay the night 22nd bock bock bock then 23rd evening il leave. not sure but :P

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #338 on: July 22, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »

Ok... done the poll and info Thread! woop-- so all you go tell us if your comming!

Im up for bocking on saturday and sunday ......

Ive got floor space/duvets and blow up beds, if anyone is stuck for a place to stay ... i only live about 30-45mins out of london ..... so not too bad.....althought cant have the entire herd over... i only live in a maisonette :P

darf- Theres LOADS of stuff to do round london.....

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
« Reply #339 on: July 22, 2009, 02:16:26 PM »
By stuff i assume he means bocking stuff.

Are there any really good bock spots?
Could be an idea to make a list of bock spots so people know whats available.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #340 on: July 22, 2009, 02:43:26 PM »
well there's round central london, think cb07, and a few other places, could have like a greenwich area meet aswell or something, but lets keep organising that seperate, to make cb plans much easier mmkay?

anyone else got thoughts on the t-shirts? (if you object to yellow with green for organisers you hereby fully commit to sorting out an alternate design etc :D)

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #341 on: July 22, 2009, 03:19:54 PM »
i vote yellow with green for organisers, because the designs done and they're sat waiting to be bought, job done move onto the next thing
AGREED.
T-shirts are done and sorted, End of. People should not be worried about something so trivial. Focus your suggestions on where we can go in London and what we can do, people!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 03:25:28 PM by sprog »

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
« Reply #342 on: July 22, 2009, 03:25:06 PM »
iv told my mum its 22nd and 23rd lol, where is everyone staying though my mum is wondering if i can go because she doesnt know how we will transport the bocks on a plane :/ id be up for a meet on the 21st and 23rd as i think il be arriving on the 21st stay the night 22nd bock bock bock then 23rd evening il leave. not sure but :P
they fit nicely in a suitcase if you dismantle them.. you just have to build them again when you get here :)

Offline Trixter

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Leapfrog Expert
« Reply #343 on: July 22, 2009, 03:47:11 PM »
why dont we basicly stick with the routine of having a set route similar to 07's one but try and add a few more things in to go to like milenium eye etc things we didnt go to the first london CB

if we do a 2 day event would be less time focused but could run outta things to do but i know if we find a good place with stairs benches etc we will all have fun jumping over down onto stuff etc so could easyily spend a good couple hours in one spot i dont know london well enuf to think of a place to do that but im sure sum1 would

Offline darfgarf

• PJF Contributor
  • Elite Member
  • splat
    • Surrey springers
« Reply #344 on: July 22, 2009, 03:53:13 PM »
there's no point in going to the eye, it'd be a trip over one of the bridges (most have steep stairs either end, and are pretty thin walkway-wise, not friendly to a horde of bockers), and there's really nothing there apart form too many tourists paying too much for a fairground ride

1 day for cb, sort out a meet on the next day if someone steps forward to do it (no thanks, but i'm up for meets anytime)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #345 on: July 22, 2009, 04:54:48 PM »
I'm not sure people will agree with me on this but CB07 was about getting our sport out there and noticed and we definately did that. To me though CB is about the bocking, meeting people you know only online and bouncing ideas off one another. I would suggest going to trafalger square again as even with a massive indian dance thing going on, we made our own room which was quite safe even with a few hundred people crowded around watching us. This sort of space and environment gave everyone a chance to have a bounce and do their thing, and many of us could not flip then.

I think the London Eye is a bad idea, Buckingham palace seemed ok but I wouldnt stay there long. Somewhere with lots of space and to be honest if its dry, I'd take advantage of all the grass in hyde park for as long as possible.
Maybe even see if a single crash mat can be sourced from somewhere as many people have still never really experienced a gym session or tried new moves on a crash mat. Just please have someone off stilts who can supervise it constantly.

Offline Becky

• EsseX Power Bockers
« Reply #346 on: July 22, 2009, 05:17:50 PM »
I think the London Eye is a bad idea
They have lovely security men at the London Eye, and in fact most of the South Bank, who will not allow any form of bouncing to take place anywhere other than in the skatepark... which would accommodate at most 3 or 4 people. So Id stear well clear of there, unless you have magic permission from them (ET/Flybaby/I worked for the aquarium one eve and they couldnt get the permission)

Offline Caroline

« Reply #347 on: July 22, 2009, 06:08:43 PM »

Ok... done the poll and info Thread! woop-- so all you go tell us if your comming!

Ive got floor space/duvets and blow up beds, if anyone is stuck for a place to stay ... i only live about 30-45mins out of london ..... so not too bad.....althought cant have the entire herd over... i only live in a maisonette :P

Bexx could me and my mum maybe stay at yours if thats possible?  il let you know of anythin, thanks

Offline Bexx

• I need a bock
  • EA Bocker
  • I'VE MOVED!
« Reply #348 on: July 22, 2009, 07:41:58 PM »

Bexx could me and my mum maybe stay at yours if thats possible?  il let you know of anythin, thanks

Sure if you want ... i dont have any beds, so it wont be that comfortable tbh ....where are you comming from?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #349 on: July 22, 2009, 10:20:56 PM »

Bexx could me and my mum maybe stay at yours if thats possible?  il let you know of anythin, thanks

Sure if you want ... i dont have any beds, so it wont be that comfortable tbh ....where are you comming from?

gatwick or heathrow  :Cmad: depends which flights etc. sorry if thats far :/ il let my mum know its a possibility - just hotel prices are blimmin expensive :(

Becky what do you mean by 'dismantling' them - taking off the cuff bars?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 12:46:39 PM by Caroline »