Author Topic: CB 2009  (Read 135029 times)

Offline ricc

Re: CB 2009
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2008, 10:30:43 PM »
hahahahahahaha. end of.

jack = EPIC FAIL.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2008, 10:32:08 PM »
I wonder if Matt will be happy when he comes back and sees what we have done to his thread... oh well! ;D

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2008, 10:35:12 PM »
you guys a merciless...

But I would never risk damaging my camera  :nana:

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2008, 10:37:24 PM »
You know us too well Naz... I would because mine is only worth £100 now... However, once I get an SLR it won't be used for bludgeoning at all. Just photography. And blinding people if I get a fat ass flash for it :biggrin:

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2008, 10:47:10 PM »
lads lads ther is no need to b so brutil  be nice dont hit ppl wiv your bocks or a camra u might damage them hit ppl with something more solid like the ground  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

soz matt ur gona kill me for helpin them take it off topic :(((((((

love u  matt :-* :-*

xx
lozzi
xx

Dark Knight

« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2008, 10:50:02 PM »
And it means my camera with have stylistic emo blood splatters over it!
Sprog the only way you'd hurt anyone with your camera is it you tide it to a rock ?
I've only got a little one  ;D

Offline ricc

« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2008, 10:51:44 PM »
soz matt ur gona kill me for helpin them take it off topic :(((((((

love u  matt :-* :-*

xx
lozzi
xx

give it a rest lozz!!

and DK, ash actually has a propper camera... he took 2.... he has 2. you have a lot more gadgetry and all of it is small and unimpressive ;)

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2008, 10:54:49 PM »
DK, have you felt my camera when it's fully loaded up with batteries and whatnot?
Add that to my arm moving at speed, and it's a pretty good weapon. Wanna be a test subject? :P

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2008, 11:17:55 PM »
Sprog does have a little one, but he knows how to use it.

Dark Knight

« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2008, 11:18:22 PM »
DK, have you felt my camera when it's fully loaded up with batteries and whatnot?
Add that to my arm moving at speed, and it's a pretty good weapon. Wanna be a test subject? :P
I'm game ... Your talking to someone who slide ( long story ) out of a T-junction on a 125 motor bike and hit a car and I WAS THE ONE that could ride away I'd smash a window blow a tire and took half the rear wing off the car as for me ! Well I rode back and stopped with not a mark on me.
So take a swing  :nana:
(Hilly hits like a girl ? )

Dark Knight

« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2008, 11:19:41 PM »
Sprog does have a little one, but he knows how to use it.

Locky we talking about his camera ?  ;D

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2008, 12:16:19 PM »
Haha, back on topic, i think it's a great idea to have cb inside. Maybe we will in and see what bocking outside the nec is like prior to the event Nero? 

Bock 'n' Roll!!

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2008, 01:21:20 PM »
Jeez!!! I need to keep up, it took too long to read this thread!!!!   

Guys, your all a bunch a women, its like being back at school, namer calling, hair pulling, nail scrathing! stop squabling!!!

I love the Idea of CB indoors, but Im not sure it would reach the same number of people (in the same way) as an outside event would.

How about something down south?? theres loads of places with big open areas, and campsites used all year round.

I dont think we should use the same place 2years on the trot, else it will stagnate and people wont be as outstounded, so a different location would be best.

Whats all this much about Rain?? If I remember, the 1st ever one rained, the second rained, and now the 3rd has, big deal, its water, you can still bock in it! We did last year!

Sponsors is a good idea, but a hell of alot of paperwork and effort.

It would be best to come up with a committee, say 1maybe two members from each group, Ibz, Welshies, EA's, Sky high, etc etc, and then discuss it with them, and let them disseminate the info to all the people in theire region, get the feedback, and then report back to the committe, that way it saves 200 odd people all having a rant, they can expres their wishes to their respective members, and then it becomes civilised and easyer to understand the views.

Just my two peneth guys and girls.

(Christ! Ive never posted this much before! LOL)

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2008, 01:32:58 PM »
Lol, Hex, what other capital bocking did you go to?  ???  :D

Whats all this much about Rain?? If I remember, the 1st ever one rained, the second rained, and now the 3rd has, big deal, its water, you can still bock in it! We did last year!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2008, 08:48:58 PM »
I agree that we should have a yearly meet at a different place each year maybe call it "Big City Bock"

Cardiff is such a good place we have got to have a yearly meet there

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2008, 08:52:21 PM »
For people thinking of Norwic ( but not There as you will see). If you thinkthere is not enuff to do and daunted by allthe other stuff. Why not have a little look at your local university.

from late 50's thru 60's into the 70's loads of Universities, Polytechnics and Institutes of Higher ( and in some cases not so higher ) Education.  Now the University of east Anglia ( UEA) was 1 of a number built as an edge of city/town campus. Built round a large square/courtyard with raised walking areas, steps ramps and randombits of cooncrete ( sounding familiar?). But also the Halls are hired out during holiday periods, cheap cheerfull ( 2 up for camping and 1 down from budget hotel) style. Also cheap food and drink. Also a reasonable chance of indoor sports facilities. Also close to  a large urban area for a sat evening or sunday morning promanard so we would not be cut off from civilisation.

Has the advantage of being a 1 shop stop for much that people think we need. And as placesthat are filled by students most of the year a uni campus might be more disposed to us 'oddstas'.

As I say this sort of place is replicated around the country ( Bath for the west country as anexample). Sussex Uni , as I recall, might be a good spot. Its Basil Spence designed campus is set in the side of the south downs and there is a nearby railway station to take peeps into nearby Brighton.

So in summary , as a place to stay and indoor bock spot and a place for some of the outdoor bocking. Why no have a look at your local Uni website and maybe google earth it too.

OH and I know that the tone seems to be for bigger and better.  But Id like to hope that for the sake of completeness there is in the final offering the chance to consider a 1 day tour of London event. I know a number of peeps who are warm to the idea.

I was in a charity walk with over 1000 on foot in London earlier in the year.So  Idont see why a day for  a couple of hundred bockers should be impractical.

And there was somat about last years event, the getting up at dawn (ish) meeting more and more peeps on train then Waterloo  a couple  more in street then striding into Hyde Park. Then bocking till we dropped in one of the most amazing  cities on this planet ( and being the centre of attention) . Finally falling asleep on the train home. Things can be bigger, but sorry not sure the would nesessarily be better.

Dark Knight

« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2008, 08:57:58 PM »
I agree that we should have a yearly meet at a different place each year maybe call it "Big City Bock"

Cardiff is such a good place we have got to have a yearly meet there

Jason  :Hoofies2:
I'm thinking of having a week there next May . I enjoyed it there ( shame about the weather ).
Hilly and me did have a bounce about 8 am on Friday and it was lovely when it's warm in the sun.
So Locky you've been warned  ;D

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2008, 12:14:37 PM »
Lol, Hex, what other capital bocking did you go to?  ???  :D

I was at CB2 in London, but I remember the pics and people talking about CB1 in London, and it rained then too.

Also did the sport relief mile in the rain with Spud and Gixer.  Rain is just a good way to keep cool and stop you from overheating!!

Offline lynch

« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2008, 01:23:59 PM »
ive read alot of what people are saying but its not the place its the people

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2008, 03:01:56 PM »
I was at CB2 in London, but I remember the pics and people talking about CB1 in London, and it rained then too.

Also did the sport relief mile in the rain with Spud and Gixer.  Rain is just a good way to keep cool and stop you from overheating!!
There never was a second capital bocking in London. There have only ever been 2 CB events.

The only ones have been
London - August 19th 2007
Cardiff - August 17th and 18th 2008

Dark Knight

« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2008, 05:31:32 PM »
 :hijacked:

CB12 is going to have to be in London !

London 2012 Olympics will be on so we'll have the whole world watching. Who knows they may want to use us ( maybe not it's been done ) !

Offline Jelly

• jagermeister is the bocking medicine
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2008, 06:00:16 PM »

Guys, your all a bunch a women, its like being back at school, namer calling, hair pulling, nail scrathing! stop squabling!!!

I BEG YOUR PARDON?? A bunch of WOMEN?! Na-aH, you aint seen me when im angry or when im fighting.. I think you should re-word that again as you are being derogatory towards women. jelly x

Offline lil-lozzi

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2008, 06:15:28 PM »
hehe jelly is so right hex who hav u been watching fight coz no girl round here is like that

xx
lozzi
xx

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2008, 06:33:09 PM »
(Hilly hits like a girl ? )

Y did i get dragged into this. No i dont hit like a girl (though i'd like to point out there are weightlifting women and things), i hit like a pascifist, its what you get from being a NICE PERSON, something a lot of people on this forum seem to have forgotten about, they also dont seem to remember that CB is supposed 2 b about bocking, and promoting the sport,

for shame

and if i might interject the squabblings to get back on topic, i don't think norwich is a good idea, i find its a tad flat, and though i have heard of new, unvisited places to bock, all anyone seems to do when i go is hang around in the moat, we went to the forum on of the times, but nothing much happened there.

while cardiff was a good meet, i think it best to change it every so often, Cardiff every year could get slightly boring, though i wouldn't put it past anyone willing to make a yearly meet there anyway, but quite frankly im sure the welshies meet there quite often anyway, and anyone would join in with them at times better for them,

I personally would prefer if CB was still stuck to the original plan of London-Cardiff-Edinboro' i know there arent many up there, so lets try to get some!! sum1 wit the time and resources (at which point i'd like to point out i have neither) to take a look around edinboro' 4 sum gd places.

if we do edinboro' this time, tbh i dont know if i wanna do CB very often anymore. There's too much hassle involved with the travel, i bock better in a small group anyway, because i have slight problems wit confidence, and everyone jsut ends up full of disputes like the many in this string! capital bocking is starting to be less of a bocking event and more of a battle royale!!!

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2008, 09:24:06 PM »
I personally would prefer if CB was still stuck to the original plan of London-Cardiff-Edinboro' i know there arent many up there, so lets try to get some!! sum1 wit the time and resources (at which point i'd like to point out i have neither) to take a look around edinboro' 4 sum gd places.

if we do edinboro' this time, tbh i dont know if i wanna do CB very often anymore. There's too much hassle involved with the travel, i bock better in a small group anyway, because i have slight problems wit confidence, and everyone jsut ends up full of disputes like the many in this string! capital bocking is starting to be less of a bocking event and more of a battle royale!!!
There never was an "original plan" for London-Cardiff-Edinborough, and never has been. There never was a plan for CB to be every year. CB was going to be a one-off event in London, and that was it. It was then decided to do it again afterwards, again in London, until Cardiff was suggested.

The problem is the majority of us are based southernly, even the northern bockers are closer to london and cardiff than edinborough.

Organising CB has always been a hassle, even more so this year, as a long of planning and detail goes into it, as well as getting permission from various bodies (councils, police, etc) and generally getting everyone sorted. Organising it at this time last year also caused disputes between London and Cardiff but they eventually settled.
It does not help that certain people hold grudges against others, especially those who have them against the organisers of 2007 and 2008 (myself, Locky, Becky, ET and Bobman)

Also Hilly, I think DK meant that as a joke. Calm down a little :)