Author Topic: CB 2009  (Read 134735 times)

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
Re: CB 2009
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »
I would just like to point out

Quote from: Locky
Anyway I have a few ideas, regardless of the location and to be honest I dont think a forum thread is really going to get the job done as it will just get twisted and off topic and we wont get a good end result.

So I propose, those who want to come and put some input or suggestions in, then we all arrange a good day and time where we can all meet up in the chatroom and throw ideas around. I know it might get a bit hectic but at least then we can take the final ideas and see what we all think will work best.

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2008, 09:06:22 PM »
that is a good point sprog

so i am good any time after 4 normally weekday's

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2008, 09:26:18 PM »
Thank you Toddy... Next 3 weeks I'll be free from 4pm-5.30pm then 6.30pm onwards. Wednesdays I'll be free all day :)

Dark Knight

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2008, 09:43:53 PM »
Pinhead sorry if you did like me calling you what you had already called all us form this side of england ?
But calling people that live 263 miles from Cardiff lazy because they think where they live has something to offer is a little hard ?
Has you pionted out Birmingham is 126 mile, I make it 107 mile, we passed it on the way to Cardiff ?
Birmingham is 160 miles from Norwich by the way !
I don't mind the distance but would it be nice to share this great meet to another place. Locky and crew do a lot of hard work on their meet in Cardiff. This forum is not the place to sort it out next years local CB!

If I upset you sorry but as you can see you've upset us lazy bockers over here on the over side of the country.

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2008, 09:54:54 PM »
Pinhead sorry if you did like me calling you what you had already called all us form this side of england ?
But calling people that live 263 miles from Cardiff lazy because they think where they live has something to offer is a little hard ?
Has you pionted out Birmingham is 126 mile, I make it 107 mile, we passed it on the way to Cardiff ?
I don't mind the distance but would it be nice to share this great meet to another place. Locky and crew do a lot of hard work on their meet in Cardiff. This forum is not the place to sort it out next years local CB!

If I upset you sorry but as you can see you've upset us lazy bockers over here on the over side of the country.
READ THE FIRST POST.

Offline ricc

« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2008, 10:57:07 PM »

hey DK, not wanting to sound rude or nasty or anything like that :) but for someone like pinhead and distance is a pain cause he doesnt have a car :)

but as discussed well be able to throw all of these ideas around on locations/travell etc in a chat room at a given time. :) hope fullyy there will be lots of people there to get a good feel of the communities opinion.

Dark Knight

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2008, 11:22:30 PM »

hey DK, not wanting to sound rude or nasty or anything like that :) but for someone like pinhead and distance is a pain cause he doesnt have a car :)

but as discussed well be able to throw all of these ideas around on locations/travell etc in a chat room at a given time. :) hope fullyy there will be lots of people there to get a good feel of the communities opinion.
And the four 17 year olds that asked me for lifts do  ???

Offline ricc

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2008, 12:32:45 AM »
not at all buddy, i was stating what was possibly pins view due to his situation :)

it just highlights a potential problem in that people need to try an be present in the discussions. if theyre not as said, we wouldnt be able to accurately represent the community.

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2008, 12:36:28 AM »
Come on guys!!!???  ??? ???  We're not even out of 2008 yet and there are harsh words being spoken....It ain't about dedication at the end of the day,we all love bocking right? Fair play to Locky,Becky and Sprog for getting you all together,one way or another you all managed to get there didn't you? Some of us did'nt....Life's too short to spend it duking it out all the time.....Waste your money,blow it on having fun,you can always get money....Don't waste your time, because you can't get that back......

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2008, 12:52:14 AM »
Everyone please just wait til radiobock on saturday and then see what u have to say about it.

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2008, 06:03:22 AM »
im away for the weekend

i will have to find a computer

Dark Knight

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2008, 06:26:51 AM »
im away for the weekend

i will have to find a computer
I'm never near a computer to listen  :-\
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 06:30:59 AM by Dark Knight »

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2008, 08:32:16 AM »
I think this is a fantastic debate, everyone's view is just as right as the next, I for one am very curious to hear how the debate continues on RadioBock.

-Carma

Offline PINHEAD69

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2008, 12:15:14 PM »
aggghhhhhhhh
DK...you are sooo a nob...
the point i was making was....
people were suggesting venues which were close to them
ffs...ie being lazy... so get your facts right...before you open your big gob...
thats what i was meaning...and i wasnt suggesting it too all..
as for my travelling, i dont quite know why that came into it..
which was pointed out by ricc...that isnt an issue for me, no i dont have a car, i ride motorbikes... but i would still find a way to get there, unless it was ireland or scotland, then i just wouldnt bother...
yeah cardiff is the best place, but i will go anywhere within reason..
maybe it should be changed from a capital, and go other places,
as long as they were practical...hence the suggestion of urban bocking 09.... or     paranoia DK show me all your gadgets 2010
either way, most of us would go...

LOOK HERE BELOW
http://www.pinheadstraps.co.uk/
tHe BrUmMie BoUnCeRs

(TIP)
never fece yourself wearing a g-string
it makes chip shapes

Dark Knight

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2008, 12:31:06 PM »
aggghhhhhhhh
DK...you are sooo a nob...
the point i was making was....
people were suggesting venues which were close to them
ffs...ie being lazy... so get your facts right...before you open your big gob...
thats what i was meaning...and i wasnt suggesting it too all..
as for my travelling, i dont quite know why that came into it..
which was pointed out by ricc...that isnt an issue for me, no i dont have a car, i ride motorbikes... but i would still find a way to get there, unless it was ireland or scotland, then i just wouldnt bother...
yeah cardiff is the best place, but i will go anywhere within reason..
maybe it should be changed from a capital, and go other places,
as long as they were practical...hence the suggestion of urban bocking 09.... or     paranoia DK show me all your gadgets 2010
either way, most of us would go...

As far as I could see the only group that was saying have it near them was people near Norwich.
That's where I've been as I'm a memeber of the EA group !
Your traveling came into it has your brought ours into it !

Right I've finished and I'm not dropping to the level of calling poeple names !
Let's sort things out on Radio Bock ( not that I've ever heard it live ? )
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 11:07:23 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2008, 09:47:23 PM »

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2008, 05:07:51 PM »

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2008, 05:59:29 PM »
capital bocking* in norwich? behave........ 'capital'....need i say more......? lol...anyway, theres plenty of time to argue later :p

erm  yes you do  cos without going to a dictionary i can think of 3 definitions of 'capital'. As an example (putting on a jeeves wooster type accent) one could just have a 'simply capital bocking day', which could fit Norwich.

Also , it can just be used as a name to 'hang' an event and loose its original meaning. I mean I dont think 10 000 guineas is still the prize for that horse race, dont stop the name persisting.

Basically , I dont think the title should be used to limit debate.

Chatroom fine , but still not the be all and end all. There is potential for it to become a room of babel and with the most articulate/fastest thinking/most prepaired/fastest typer leading debate too much. Also will be difficult for some to recall what was said- and ment .

Atleast here in a thread it is more democratic and without interuption 1 may post an idea or comment in 1's own time.

I greatly support all the debate. If only cos its fun. But it is more than that i believe.

There are many ideas for both the event and the location. So there is also the case to be made for groups or individuals to go off and prepare bids ( a la Olympics). Then comeback --ooo mid November ( thats just a notional date so not quibble on that 4 the mo please ;D ) present case answer questions. Go off tidy up , then re submit and vote/consensus mid December.  Just another suggestion.

Also if people have ideas Id say its only fair to publish them infront of a chat room debate.  its not a competion and I think it would inspire other

So peeps , 1st off chuck out place names, what you want to do  ( and why) how long you want to do it for  and anything else you can think off is what I say. Then you and others look at um  & peice bits together , pull other bits apart. Gnerally start to get a feel even a plan for something.

Ive certainly thought about somat on the south coast. The biggest draw back would be travel, if anyone who has ever tried to get to the area via M25 and 3  will know and may well rule the area out completely.

That not withstanding Ive cast an eye over Winchester ( capital of Wessex) , to be honest a bit flat and small  only real potential ( as I saw it) was for some cross country bocking --water meadows for a gentle stroll or St catherines Hill for the braver --old iron age hill fort that dominates the sky line).

Portsmouth and Southsea , however, has much greater potential. Enuff potential Im not sure.

I also like notion of returning to a simple 1 day touristic romp around London. Where we are not just looking in on ourselves  but also looking out.

Going the otherway and staying same size of getting bigger is going to raise  a certain question.  'Sponsorship', doing things big is alot easier with some upfront seed capital. People need to deside how they feel about that.

* Oh and as I recall I came up with the original name --so I think I might be 1st to opine on its meaning and usage hehe
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 06:19:31 PM by Bbmthbloke »

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2008, 06:23:32 PM »
capital bocking* in norwich? behave........ 'capital'....need i say more......? lol...anyway, theres plenty of time to argue later :p

erm  yes you do  cos without going to a dictionary i can think of 3 definitions of 'capital'. As an example (putting on a jeeves wooster type accent) one could just have a 'simply capital bocking day', which could fit Norwich.

Also , it can just be used as a name to 'hang' an event and loose its original meaning. I mean I dont think 10 000 guineas is still the prize for that horse race, dont stop the name persisting.

Basically , I dont think the title should be used to limit debate.

Chatroom fine , but still not the be all and end all. There is potential for it to become a room of babel and with the most articulate/fastest thinking/most prepaired/fastest typer leading debate too much. Also will be difficult for some to recall what was said- and ment .

Atleast here in a thread it is more democratic and without interuption 1 may post an idea or comment in 1's own time.

I greatly support all the debate. If only cos its fun. But it is more than that i believe.

There are many ideas for both the event and the location. So there is also the case to be made for groups or individuals to go off and prepare bids ( a la Olympics). Then comeback --ooo mid November ( thats just a notional date so not quibble on that 4 the mo please ;D ) present case answer questions. Go off tidy up , then re submit and vote/consensus mid December.  Just another suggestion.

Also if people have ideas Id say its only fair to publish them infront of a chat room debate.  its not a competion and I think it would inspire other

So peeps , 1st off chuck out place names, what you want to do  ( and why) how long you want to do it for  and anything else you can think off is what I say. Then you and others look at um  & peice bits together , pull other bits apart. Gnerally start to get a feel even a plan for something.

Ive certainly thought about somat on the south coast. The biggest draw back would be travel, if anyone who has ever tried to get to the area via M25 and 3  will know and may well rule the area out completely.

That not withstanding Ive cast an eye over Winchester ( capital of Wessex) , to be honest a bit flat and small  only real potential ( as I saw it) was for some cross country bocking --water meadows for a gentle stroll or St catherines Hill for the braver --old iron age hill fort that dominates the sky line).

Portsmouth and Southsea , however, has much greater potential. Enuff potential Im not sure.

I also like notion of returning to a simple 1 day touristic romp around London. Where we are not just looking in on ourselves  but also looking out.

Going the otherway and staying same size of getting bigger is going to raise  a certain question.  'Sponsorship', doing things big is alot easier with some upfront seed capital. People need to deside how they feel about that.

And yep Its a bank hol weekend  for once even Ill possibly not be in on sat nite. Could you pin any and all ideas from radio bock onto this thread. More people will know about them then.

* Oh and as I recall I came up with the original name --so I think I might be 1st to opine on its meaning and usage hehe

Dark Knight

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2008, 06:27:36 PM »
Are you a mind reader I was in mid post to say the same thing  >:(   :biggrin:

But I'd think it would need groups making bids as Locky and crew are not going to be able to sort it out for them.
Bid's would need to include pictures/video of locations ( spaces how we can move from different locations and car parks and trains ) and maybe they should check if we'd be welcome if it's private property.

I can think of 4 places for CB09 but thinking logicaly I'd says it has to be Cardiff as it could easly coup with over the 300 we could get which I can't see the other doing !
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 06:30:15 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2008, 07:13:58 PM »
Norwich = Capital of Norfolk....pwned :p

Haha, who really cares where it is? lets just Bock!!! Tbh, why not just leave this thread and wait for radio bock?  :)

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2008, 07:21:40 PM »
cos the opposite is just as reasonable. Radio bock was just a proposal, because Locky doesnt think much will come of threads like this.

There is another arguement, that says somthing may.

Many will not be 'tuned in ' to the debate.

So Id say there should be something parallel  and wider ranging . Yep its messy long winded and annoying but may well get a better answer.

There is no reason why this debate cant happily rumble on for another month b4 desiding that we have to deside   erm something

Dark Knight

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2008, 07:33:51 PM »
I'm maybe out when Radio Bock's on. Others can't listen at all Radio Bock can't be the the only place this topic should settle down soon ?

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2008, 09:08:10 PM »
BECAUSE RADIO BOCK IS AWESOME. End of Argument.
It's being discussed there, so actually tune in and be part of the discussion, otherwise you're gonna miss out.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2008, 09:14:19 PM »
BECAUSE RADIO BOCK IS AWESOME. End of Argument.
It's being discussed there, so actually tune in and be part of the discussion, otherwise you're gonna miss out.
[/quot

Well no, Im going to tundraH's birthday party  dont care if its awesome or not. But Im sure it will b fun

Yep discuss discuss as ive said Im all for that.

Its just  too many familiar faces seem to have made plans and have desided when and where to roll them out