Author Topic: Hi from Rod  (Read 4624 times)

Offline Rodamus_Zero

• X-Bocks
Hi from Rod
« on: August 06, 2008, 06:33:49 PM »
Hey People

Most call me by my nickname Rod, short for Rodamus.
Just ordered a pair of Jumping Stilts from the site and hope that they arrive on Friday.
Ive been interested in Power Stilting for a few years now, seeing it on an online video forum (alittle more complex than Youtube and alot more selective in its videos). I did alittle digging around and was unhappy about the prices of them back then (which was around about the £400 mark converted from Dollars... and that was without the overseas delivery charge  >:()

A few weeks ago while I was on holiday with a few friends in Belgium, I went to the Love Parade in Dortmond, Germany and saw a couple on Power-Rizers! My friends didnt understand what they were seeing so I told them all about it from what I remembered a few years back and they loved the idea, not sure if they themselves are going to get a pair of Jumping Stilts, who knows.

I came back from Belgium and thought to myself, "Its been a few years now, I wonder if they are still around and if so, cheaper".
Thankfully, I managed to find www.pro-jump.co.uk and after seeing the awesome prices available, I set about gathering the needed funds.

I cant wait till they arrive! =^.^=
Tell Them, Zero is Here.
Team Member of x-b

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
Re: Hi from Rod
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 06:37:10 PM »
goos choice there load sof fun and a very good workout just make shore u dont have weak knees like i did XD

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 06:39:13 PM »
Heyy

You'll love them, running ridiculously fast and jumping stupidly high feels amazing!!

Just don't try to much at once ;D

Welcome to the forum

Jack

Offline Rodamus_Zero

• X-Bocks
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 06:44:12 PM »
Ive downloaded a few dozen vids of Pro-Jumping (Im only missing a Backflip tutorial to complete it really :laugh:)

From what ive learned from all the videos is that due care and attention is needed, a good warmup and as Jack has rightly said, taking it "steps" at a time, no pun intended :P

Ill prolly be spending all of Friday just trying to keep my balance at first, let alone walking around...
Tell Them, Zero is Here.
Team Member of x-b

Offline Jack

• EA Bocker
    • www.eabockers.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 06:48:53 PM »
Ive downloaded a few dozen vids of Pro-Jumping (Im only missing a Backflip tutorial to complete it really :laugh:)

From what ive learned from all the videos is that due care and attention is needed, a good warmup and as Jack has rightly said, taking it "steps" at a time, no pun intended :P

Ill prolly be spending all of Friday just trying to keep my balance at first, let alone walking around...

Haha yeah take it in 'steps' im gunna remeber that 1 lol

Gettin your balance doesn't take long, I found that if your left on your own for a few hours you'll be walking and jumping a lil with ease

Just make sure there's some1 there wen u first stand up to catch you lol

Jack

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 06:57:00 PM »
Hi Rod and welcome --but check weather at mo ---dont go  out f its 'wet under hoof'.  Well not yet anyways ;D

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 09:13:06 AM »
hey hot rod, were your parents transformer fans?welcome to the sport mate hope you stick with it

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Rodamus_Zero

• X-Bocks
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 12:36:57 PM »
I was born in the epicness of the Transformers, but no, thats not why I have the name.

The Transformers spelling of the name is Rodimus, with an I, while I have the spelling of an A.
My nick name is actually a combination of 3 of my previous names and then a variation upon one of them... Its a long story but it invovles alot of things and alot of friends to come up with it all  ;D
Tell Them, Zero is Here.
Team Member of x-b

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 05:04:59 PM »
ahhh it was close at least, and you have an epically cool name, rodimus prime man, now theres a hero  ;D
nah just playing man, so have the stilts been ordered yet?

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Rodamus_Zero

• X-Bocks
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 06:50:55 PM »
Ordered them on Wednesday, so should arrive tomorrow morning!
Hopefully the weather will hold up.
Tell Them, Zero is Here.
Team Member of x-b

Offline Rodamus_Zero

• X-Bocks
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 02:11:22 PM »
Good-ish weather, no sign of rain.

Walking around in 5 to 10 mins!
Was just walking up and down the driveway for about an hour, havent fallen over yet, almost... but not yet.

Getting up the first time was just... wierd... and was really suprised that I was able to slightly compress the spring straight off on the first step, or stumble as it might have seemed.

Standing still is a problem, Ive yet to master that yet but I was never one for remaining idle so it suits me fine to step in and out of standings still.
The odd the thing I found and a little worried at it mind, was that the PJ on my left foot just didnt sound right, it was as if something was loose while the other PJ sounded solid each time it hit the ground.

Tried bouncing up and down from foot to foot, its exhausting work at first having to bring up an extra 3 to 4 kilos of wieght, running... is a no go at the moment  :-[

Im needing to adjust my Knee-bar on the left PJ (if you can tell which one is which, your doing better than me) as I have a rather large lump under my left knee (Osgudslaters Disease, or a similar spelling) and its causing no end of pain at the moment, bearable, but just.

Having taken them off, I found me center of gravity changed and walking normally was funny (in a good way). Ill be on them again later today once Ive rested and if the weather holds out.

All I can say about PJs at the moment is AWESOME!!!
Tell Them, Zero is Here.
Team Member of x-b

Offline mafiaman

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 03:26:44 PM »
haha yer mate i dowt i will ever be able to stand still on them haha :biggrin:

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 03:55:26 PM »

Im needing to adjust my Knee-bar on the left PJ (if you can tell which one is which, your doing better than me) as I have a rather large lump under my left knee (Osgudslaters Disease, or a similar spelling)

Check the straps, the buckles should be on the outside :)

Osgudslaters Disease sucks dude, hope it isn't to bad.

Offline Rodamus_Zero

• X-Bocks
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 12:48:19 AM »
Its a hell of ALOT less painful nowadays, had it for a good 7 years now, really did cripple me whenever I banged it, the Doctors (all 7 of them!) said it would go by the time I was 18... which it hasnt, its not so much of a problem now but it is awkward when I put my knee pads on over it, thankfully, the Knee bar hit the floor most of the time, otherwise... I wouldnt get back up for awhile.

Heres some info for those guys that dont know about it.
http://www.kidskneepain.com/?gclid=CKP4nMe-iZUCFQ1TEAoduAU9qg
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 12:49:58 AM by Rodamus_Zero »
Tell Them, Zero is Here.
Team Member of x-b