Author Topic: Gym Entry Costs  (Read 7163 times)

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
Gym Entry Costs
« on: July 18, 2008, 10:49:29 AM »
TO BE CONFIRMED AND ANNOUNCED AT THE NEXT MEET. SUBJECT TO ALTERATION

Due to a disagreeance at the last gym meet, we might be slightly alter the way we ask for payment of the gym. Opal again was put at risk of paying more than his fair share, and although he probably would never have mentioned anything, I am personally very irritated by this.

We will be reveiwing the costing of the gym so that rather than only 'Invicta BockerZ' paying the regular cost, we will be asking for the 'Regular or Local Gym Go-ers' to pay the usual £5.

I want to PRESS the point that the reason for the different cost is that those regular users BENEFIT from the profit (Which currently doesnt exist due to us just scraping by for the cost of the gym each time), wether you are a member of the IBz or not. It has greatly offended me that certain people see that by just saying they are not 'Invicta BockerZ' means that they see themselves worthy of a half price entry. This act is selfish, and thoughtless, and has caused us to maybe review the situation to make things more fair.

I will be refusing entry to ANY bockers who do not play fairly by the rules.

You are entitled to the discounted entry costs (£3) if you are either not from Kent, or you are not a regular attendee at the meets. Everyone else is to pay the usual £5

-Carma

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Gym Entry Costs
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 12:56:15 PM »
I didnt know there was a discount for non IB's.

Hope you don't mind me asking but why is there a discount for non regulars? Secondly how do the people who regually attend and pay in full feel about it?

If/when I come I dont think I could pay less than everybody else. I dont think it would be fair. You organise the event, organise the funding of the event, welcome people who just enjoy the event and give them discount.

I know any extra money goes back into the IB's but they put on the event and all groups could do it that way.

:spudT:

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 01:40:49 PM »
why do you insist on doing it like that why not just fined oit how much it is a all pay equily is wat evry 1 els duz so like when i did the bury gym meet it was 38 pounds for the gym and there was quite alot of us there so we all chiped in 3 quid payed and left the way you do it is so complex

Offline clive

• Elite Member
  • jump as high as you can ,,worry about the landing
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 02:58:35 PM »
Hi Carma, well jason and i have no problem in paying what ever it is,as we think its a very good gym meet and well worth the visit.
The only thing we ask if we bring dobbin he has a free pass..see you at the next meet..

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 03:10:58 PM »
why do you insist on doing it like that why not just fined oit how much it is a all pay equily is wat evry 1 els duz so like when i did the bury gym meet it was 38 pounds for the gym and there was quite alot of us there so we all chiped in 3 quid payed and left the way you do it is so complex

The IB's have more of an advanced group structure than others. A step ahead.

Bacially they have a bank acount and a couple of people with authority over that. Because they have a bank acount they can start raising money to put back into the invicta bockers. Things that the whole group would own and beinfit from. Things that each member wouldnt be able to afford or particually want to buy like say equipment for gym meets. But each member can afford to a pay a little extra on gym meets ect and probably wont notice much.

There are also a few problems with splitting the cost up between people. If few people go it's expensive. It only has to happen once and thast the end of the gym meet.

equally problems with a set price may mean that the costs are not covered effectivly and we have seen that here. But I think it is going the right way now  :thumbs: This is a better way for the members as they know it wont get expensive but it is not so good for the organisers. Somebody has to pay so you would need some kind of contingency fund for when turn out isnt great.

Most people are happy with the normal way a group functions. There are no problems with it but the IBs are setting something up much like a non-profit organisation. Profit is made but only the members of the organisation benifit. Not the organisers or specific people. I dont like seeing my money pocketed by indviduals and I much prefer to get things back from it. Thats why I like to be part of these kinds of organisations.

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 05:33:51 PM »
Lol spud, there is blatantly no way in hell we could be that organised  :D

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 05:36:38 PM »
but you have to give it to Spud, she has a great way of explaining things! Perhaps you need her to get you lot more organised  :nana:

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 05:54:23 PM »
Probably!  :)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 07:09:15 PM »
 :lol: Have you guys seen my bedrrom lately? Organised I dont think so  :biggrin:

I think if we put our heads together we could get a bit more organised and I could probably do the norwich area but I really don't think the EA's want, need are or ready for that yet and to do it I think we would have a harder job than most..east anglia is quite a big area  :biggrin:

It's one that can wait

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 08:36:40 PM »
JJ's have a big area too. Juggling meets one side to another to keeps peeps interested is still, to be honest, yet to be mastered. We have a nice compact highly populated southcoast  ( Poole, Bournemouth, Southampton and Portsmouth) but some very active members off in the rural heartland. It would be grat if we were in one great big city. I could spend sometime developing some themes and ideas --but, whilst we have active members  we cant get large critical masses. For instance, for variety at gym meets, Id like to look at bocking circuit training. But need people and needs serious safty work. Id like to look at contracting a gymnastic coach for a course to instruct us.

Ive probably lost  on 80% of gym meets financially ( thats b4 the driving peeps to and from railway stations) . But to be honest that really doesnt interest me, unless others make a fuss. I paid for all of our last gym session -and loved it all --spent just about allof it teaching --and the stuff I dont normally do, so still in a way pushed myself and evolved some ideas down that route.

As for clubs being more developed. The groups are what their members want and need. At the moment the JJ's dont need a bank account, but if we did , we would get 1 ( at the moment our funds are stuffed into a pint glass in ranchers bedroom).  can you say that the essex power bockers is a better club than the Arbroath Pro-Jumpers ( yes how many of you have heard of them!)  just cos they are bigger? No cos not. Big ideas are good ( ive certainly got some) but are not naturally better or best. Local , familiar, chaotic can be the bestest

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 07:09:02 PM »
I want to thank everyone for their informative, supportive and constructive comments on this matter. We will be taking them all on board! If anyone has any issues you can contact either Opal, Toddy or myself and we will try to address them for you :)

-Carma

Offline rickbicker26

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 07:38:43 PM »
:lol: Have you guys seen my bedrrom lately? Organised I dont think so  :biggrin:

yep spud its an organised mess :P lol :biggrin:

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 09:10:42 PM »

yep spud its an organised mess :P lol :biggrin:

Organised chaos is usually the work of a genius...... :biggrin:

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 09:22:46 PM »
Or a total muppet!  :haha: