Author Topic: Greetz to fellow bockers!/..  (Read 3934 times)

Offline Glasto_Bocker

Greetz to fellow bockers!/..
« on: July 08, 2008, 11:00:57 PM »
Dear all,

I'm just about to order my first pair of Pro-Jumps and am very excited about them.
I weigh 65Kg though, so am wondering whether to go for the 70Kg's or the 80Kg's... Any tips?
Will also order a bunch of padding I think to help me in those early hours of bocking!

Oh, and it's great to have found this forum. I'm 22, from Glastonbury. Though I currently live in London whilst approaching the end of my Uni studies...

Hope to see you all round!

Cheers,

Kirk

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
Re: Greetz to fellow bockers!/..
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 11:09:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum  :)

At 65kg, M80's would be a much better choice than M70's

I'm near yeovil so if you ever wanna come down for a bock your more than welcome, sure i could drag some of the JJ's up here aswell :D
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 11:16:00 PM by Athoul »
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 11:23:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum Kirk :)

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 12:06:57 AM »
Hey! Whatever you do,don't go squelching about on your bocks over at the Eavis's place. You'd be sure to fall on your a$$! By all means stomp all over the pigeons in Trafalgar square :laugh:...At 68 kilos I'm just starting to make the M80's a little softer...Had 'em about 3 weeks now but not had much time or good weather when time allows....Pads,wrist guards and a lid are deffo a smart move if you don't balance well at first, you'll be glad of the protection when you start running and then mastering the fine art of stopping... Welcome to the sport! :biggrin: :biggrin: :thumbs:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 04:57:09 AM »
Hi Kirk and welcome

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 11:28:52 AM »
Hey Kirk.

I too weigh 65kg, and I went with the 90kg set. I've only been on them 6 times and can already bottom out.
So DO NOT go with the 70kg set. You'd regret it really soon!

Happy bouncing! :)

-Neo-
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Glasto_Bocker

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 12:52:47 AM »
Hey/.

Thanks for the advice! I'm ordering the M80's! Just very annoyed at the poor weather we've been having across much of the country this past week; let's hope it improves!

Can't wait 'til they arrive!

Kirk

--Oh, and Athoul: yes, will definitely be in touch if I'm around Somerset with the Bocks at any point...
--Nobby: No worries, will not be bouncing about Worthy Farm! But keen to get out and about into groups or events if there are such things in the London area? Perhaps for beginners...?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 12:57:42 AM by Glasto_Bocker »

Offline stevie

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 01:08:23 PM »
Welcome, enjoy the Bocking experience.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 09:05:59 AM »
welcome to the sport mate, see ya around!

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 01:31:52 PM »
Yeah, have fun bocking, i'm sure you will, and hope to see you around

Bock 'n' Roll!!