Author Topic: Alright guys  (Read 3006 times)

Offline Redok

• Sirbastian Manning
Alright guys
« on: June 19, 2008, 09:28:52 PM »
Just signed up and though I'd better introduce myself.

My name's Sirbastian (aka Redok) and I'm an Aussie student (studying Internet Systems Development) living in Cheltenham (though not there at the minute).

I got my boots from my older sister as a birthday present on my last birthday (April 17th) and have been bouncing around happily every since.

I've been into 'extreme' sports pretty much all my life. I used to bmx in Australia but stopped when I broke my leg. Then I was into skateboarding for a few years here in England but stopped when I broke my leg.. again.  So now I'm going to see how long I last with these :)

If I do end up breaking my leg or something it's not so bad because I film pretty much everything I do with a nice little helmet cam, so at least we can watch the footage.

So yeah, that's me.

Nice to be here and looking forward to getting to know you  ;)

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
Re: Alright guys
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 10:05:10 PM »
Hey dude! Im just down the road most of the time, im Based at Brize Norton (about 23miles away) drop me a line if you fancy a bounce!  :Straddle5:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 10:07:17 PM »
Welcome! Sounds awesome! You shoudl last a while on bocks...Its quite hard to break a leg..they cant really move for you to break them but wrists..well that will be a new one for you if you are not careful  :biggrin: lol

I cant wait to see some bail vids from you  :thumbs: genaral motto on here is if you fall over or break something make sure you film it  :haha:

Anyhoo welcome to the forum..lots of useful stuff on here, it's worth giving it a good read  :thumbs:

:spudT:

Offline T10HJS

• Forum For VAG Enthusiasts
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 11:45:46 AM »
Hello, you sound rather hardcore :D cant wait to see some footage from your helmet cam, i bet flips would look amazing

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 12:35:39 PM »
welcome to the sport, theres a few of us in birmingham if you ever fancy a trip, youll be more than welcome to come bock with us.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Redok

• Sirbastian Manning
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 04:44:41 PM »
I wouldn't call myself hardcore. I just love the satisfaction you get from landing tricks - no matter what the sport - so I push myself pretty hard to progress as quickly as possible.

I've not met anyone else who owns a pair so I think I'll defiantly have to make the effort to travel and meet up with people.

Time for a shower now though, I've just been for a bounce and I'm drenched in sweat :)

Offline Nobby

• Gravity works....
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 05:38:48 PM »
Hi Redok! I got mine coupla days ago and I know exactly what you mean about losing fluid! Having an extra 7 odd kilos strapped to your legs kinda gets you going a smidge eh? Still,keep at it,the aches will stop after a while! :biggrin:

-Nobby