Author Topic: Howdy!  (Read 4377 times)

Offline Intaru

• www.myspace.com/_djpenguindude_
Howdy!
« on: May 28, 2008, 12:12:13 AM »
Hey everyone!
So I saw the run faster jump higher video on youtube and I have to say power bocking looks like one of the most awesome things ever, such a good investment of only £135 here for so much fun!

Just bought my first 80kg pair and the wrist, elbow, knee, and that quad bike looking body armour set purley because lets be honest it looks cool!

Just to say abit about myself, name is Sana and I live in the harrow area of London, would be sweet if theres ever gonna be any gatherings in london or greater london. 17 years old and currently studying German, History, Philosophy/Theology and Media at AS level though probably moving onto a BTEC in special effects, CGI character modelling, video games development green screen etc., also enjoy making films obviously, video gaming and playing drums guitar paino and trumpet (musical mother forced me to learn alot).

So yeah, hope to speak to some of you guys sometime in the future cos god this stuff looks like fun!
With great power, Comes great oppotunities to abuse that power.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Re: Howdy!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 12:38:26 AM »
WOW, what a cv youve got already.
cant wait to see some of your bocking videos was one of my first thoughts, i wanna see moon bocking, you "jumping" off the empire state and hmmmmmmm yeah some kick ass bocking on a skateboard video real soon :biggrin:
welcome to the site/ sport/ community.
have fun!

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Intaru

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 12:45:32 AM »
haha cheers and lol yeah now i just re-read that sorry it does kinda sound like a CV just wanted to sorta share some of my interests, how long you been bocking?!

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 01:02:11 AM »
since the 23rd november last year, wifey got me my first pair for my 28th birthday.
dont worry bout the intro man, it was interesting and informative, better than " hey im here i bought stilts whats up" huh?
i honestly cant wait to see your vids though, i suk at editing, i just cut the best tricks out, stick em together and slap some music on

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 01:09:17 AM »
welcome to the forum :) liked the intro  :thumbs:

Offline stevie

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 01:19:56 AM »
Enjoy, and welcome to the wonderfull world of Powerbocking.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 10:40:42 AM »
Welcome  :spudT: The special effects course looks wicked. I am doing BTEC ND media atm and love it. Cover everyting from web design, graphics and photography to animation, green screen, and the normal stuff..filming, editing, TV studio set ups and things. I love it. The special effects one sounds even better. Although you will never be able to watch a bond film comfortably again  :haha:

Good luck with the bocking!! Have fun!

:spudT:

Offline Intaru

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 01:41:16 PM »
Welcome  :spudT: The special effects course looks wicked. I am doing BTEC ND media atm and love it. Cover everyting from web design, graphics and photography to animation, green screen, and the normal stuff..filming, editing, TV studio set ups and things. I love it. The special effects one sounds even better. Although you will never be able to watch a bond film comfortably again  :haha:

Good luck with the bocking!! Have fun!

Haha i tottaly understand you man. My best friend officially hates going cinema with me now because I once after my exam couldnt stop mentioning everytime it cut to a close up, low angle shot etc. and I hate that you instantly notice it!

Or you know 'that guy' who always walks out a really good film complaining about the effects, how unrealistic they were and how he coulda done better, no one wants to be 'that guy', but I very almost was.

Ty everyone else for your warm welcomes :)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 02:01:24 PM »
We had a simular exam...When I watch a film i totally deconstruct it. ruining it for me mostly. I keep it too myself..exept for spiderman 3 which was aweful. You could see the green around the edges of the people and in there hair!! Its very lazy.

I just spent last 2 weeks working on a project for teh UEA. So much care was put into the editing so that you dont get the bit where you instantly notice it like a jump cut.  But it is hard. You have to have it so your eyes are focusing  on the same area of the in the 2 shots you are cutting between. It was hard edit.

"those guys" are annoying. Never become one!!!

now...read through the mods section if you havent already...before you go on your bocks I suggest you do the essentials like tape your springs and make tire socks.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 09:19:42 PM »
Hi Intaru

The Banned Bockers of Hanworth (all 2 of us  :haha:) are not to far from you (next to Twickenham) I'll warn you were a couple of geriatrics compared to you (47 and 48 years young ) we meet in Hanworth or the surrounding areas most sundays for a couple of hours and your welcome to join us

But you better bring a parent along to translate so we can understand the young talk and drink Tea with us when we get tired  :haha:

Sx joins us when he can and is a bit younger (just tends to fall over a lot  :nana:)

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 09:31:49 PM »
oo twickers? wow thats easy to get to ----logs it in back of mind 4 future ref'

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 10:50:42 PM »
Q you know you lot are always welcome to visit just give us some notice so we can all go somewhere with good bocking

By the way our local Gym seems to be ok about bocks and has crash mats and a couple of horses (wooden ones  :haha:) but seems a bit expensive at £35 an hour for about the size we had at Gillingham (they use it for 5 a side normally)

Offline metro

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 11:18:48 PM »
heyy dude

think you could make a bocking game ??
iv been waiting for someone who can make games to join a forum

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 05:03:57 AM »
£35 an hour for that type of area is about right.

In Bournemouth we 'notionally' have a badmington court for £8-80 an hour. But in fact we get just about a 2 court area. Which is why we stick there --tho we are now getting a lil board with the limited kit there ( there is actually a load of stuff --but owned by the gymnastics club --and we cant use it d'oh)

See if they will hire smaller areas. At the Sherbourne meet ( see vid) 4 of us had a badmington court sized area and was fine and about £6 an hour. You can have 6 maybe 8 people in that sort of area

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 10:19:09 PM »
They seem to have 4 courts in the area I was looking at Q so your right it works out about £8-£9 a court didn't think to ask about hiring bits of it I'm there on monday so I'll ask

Thanks

Offline Intaru

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 06:06:59 PM »
heyy dude

think you could make a bocking game ??
iv been waiting for someone who can make games to join a forum

I probably could though im not sure how I could make a bocking game appealing in the long term,
what i was thinking of doing is , once im good enough that is, doing some stunts etc. bocking around in the massive green screen motion capture room in the school then post production moddeling my entire self into a robot or some kinda war machine that was doing the tricks, could even have it shooting stuff while it does it or something

Offline metro

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 07:07:25 PM »
Sounds kool 2 me :thumbs: