Author Topic: Just starting out...  (Read 5491 times)

Offline MrRoo

• My Blog
Just starting out...
« on: May 07, 2008, 12:26:22 PM »
Alright, guys? How's it going?

I'm Andrew, though I get called Roo [not Andy, please..], and I've just become a member of the whole bocking world.

Well, Kinda... I'm still waiting on the bloody things to arrive!  :-\

It's been two days! I can't wait no more! Hah.

Anyways, I'm based in Enbra [Edinburgh, for the uninitiated], I'm 19, and I am here to BOUNCE!!!!  ;D
Watch this space, folks!

Dark Knight

Re: Just starting out...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 12:38:23 PM »
Welcome to Planet Bock  :)
Edinburgh  :o
I can't think of anyone near you but once you start bocking you may you'll get more into Bocking.

What up with Andy ? I've even be call just D !?

Offline evil-t

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 12:52:29 PM »
hi mate welcome aboard im new aswell and waiting for mine to arrive i want them ere now or asap so i can go beach with them
Bocking is for life not jus for xmas

Offline MrRoo

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 01:47:51 PM »
Mine arrived about half an hour after my post, thank god!

Away to step on them for the first time, didn't get any pads, as I'm used to falling over, and breaking my falls with objects other than my face, due to many years of martial arts [Judo, if you're interested  :)].

DK, I don't like being called Andy because all the kids I went to school with, that got called Andy, were a bunch of c*ckpieces. Couldn't stand them, and decided from that day on that only my mother shall get away with calling me it, as long as she doesn't do it in front of impressionable folks, such as my girlfriend [who has recently decided to start calling me Andy-Poo... damned mother!]

This isn't my first time on bocks, I've been playing on my flatmate Roman's ones for the past few days, whilst waiting for mine to arrive. I've taken quite quickly to the whole aspect of walking, jogging, jumping at a whole new height level.

It's kinda fun, truth be told!

:Dark_Knight:
Watch this space, folks!

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 01:56:54 PM »
welcom m8

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 03:07:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum Mr Roo  :)

Offline aidanh1

• Elite Member
  • KATIEE :D <3
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 04:19:50 PM »
yo dude welcome aboard i got a tip for you dont try and install lights on ur bocks under the pivot points coz when u go down they brake in half :biggrin: i found out the hard way ! :thumbs:

Aidan does it so u dont have too XD

i need new springs XD

i carnt spel... or maybe you cant read ;)

Offline heather3

• getting better
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 06:38:33 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Mr Roo  :banana:

I'm Heather a newbie too!

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 10:02:49 PM »
welcome mr roo, i am not so much a newbie, just a insane man, lol, welcome to the forum and enjoy yourself

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 11:02:23 PM »
Aidan does it so u dont have too XD

Oh good, could you try a back handspring over a car bonnet, so I don't have to. ;D

And welcome new jumpy person! :banana:
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline MrRoo

• My Blog
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 02:15:37 PM »
Update...

I almost broke my wrist, thanks to my older b*st*rd [i mean brother... ;)] telling me to sprint.

"No, I've only had them five minutes!"
"Sprint, you homo"
"Oh, ffs - fine."

3steps later, my face went crashing towards the ground, which was a lovely concrete/tarmac mix... And I managed to react just in time to destroy my wrist, instead of my face. Hah.

Other than that, I'm finding only one problem - the kneebar KILLS!!!
Watch this space, folks!

Dark Knight

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 02:37:42 PM »
Your knee bar hurst !? You should read the topic on adjusting them sounds like it in the wrong place !?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 02:43:37 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 09:27:43 PM »
Hi MrRoo and welcome

Sounds like you need to invest in a set of wrist guards (believe me they are worth wearing  :biggrin:)

http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?action=gallery;cat=8

mine are the bottom 2 and the center 2 on row above

I was walking at the time and not wearing wristies

As for the knee bar try a set of Pit Dirt knee and elbow guards the knee ones fit into the knee bar and make it comfy almost every one on here uses them

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline MrRoo

• My Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 10:05:19 PM »
Nah, the kneebar in itself doesn't hurt...

It's more, the next day, when I'm not bouncing or anything... and then I put them on, and there's lovely wee bruises where my knee keeps knocking off the kneebar due to the absence of pads... Hah.

Went for a lovely jog with them on earlier, was very relaxing, to say the least.

As for the wrist, it's fine, just badly sprained, and turning a lovely shade of "ohmychrist, what's wrong with it?"

(Y)
Watch this space, folks!

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 08:46:21 AM »

As for the wrist, it's fine, just badly sprained, and turning a lovely shade of "ohmychrist, what's wrong with it?"

(Y)
ROFL thats a good one, welcome to the boards and the sport.
and knee pads are the reason nobody else gets bruises from the knee bars, we mostly actually wear them to take the space and then the banging of your knee away.
also for this type of weather you may wanna use shorts, so use tubigrips under where the knee straps are to stop that rubbing and burning your legs.
other than that man enjoy, youll soon find way to stop the lil aches and pains, and soon enough youll not even realise they are on, until you jump like :D

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline MrRoo

• My Blog
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 12:33:13 PM »
Well, suffice to say, the wrist is now fine, just a wee bit of pain if it gets over-stretched.

My knees are already used to the kneebar, no more bruising has occurred!

And now, I've got to learn how to be a lot less accident-prone - I almost severed the top of my left thumb off the other night, with a bloomin' kitchen knife!
 :'(

Watch this space, folks!

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 09:18:19 PM »
Are we relater Roo  :haha:

I have cut the tops off of several fingers over the years (all reattachable thankfully) and had so many accidents I lost count

Best ones include setting fire to myself while welding (three times so far) writing off a car with a 125 motorbike (and still riding it home) and the piece de resistance was shooting myself in the foot (on purpose to see if it hurt ""see a previous post  :biggrin:"")

But to get serious I went over backwards when jumping and landed on my left wrist it hurt a bit for a week or so and I carried on
Two weeks later I slipped over while walking and landed on the same wrist this time I snapped the ends off both bones and ended up with a plate and 12 screws in it
It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would but it really screwed up about 3 months of my life and set my bocking back a lot

Get yourself a good set of Wristies or you will one day sit up from a fall and think why is my hand pointing the wrong way  :biggrin:

I know I sound like a mother hen but I hate seeing bockers hurt and out of action

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline MrRoo

• My Blog
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 02:24:04 PM »
haha, interesting catalogue of disasters, jason.

I've only ever broken my fingers, and my toes, despite years of accidents such as falling 30-40ft down a cliff face, with no ropes, onto a spade [don;t even ask why there was a spade there!  ???], headbutting a drystone dyke after slipping on grass whilst sprinting... which led to a crack in my skull.. [hairline fracture?  :P] and various other things.
Regardless, i do believe i'll be investing in a set of wristies soon, as i intend to become a hardcore bocker over the summer, and that can only mean lots of accidents.

After all, do we not learn from mistakes?
Watch this space, folks!

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 02:34:35 PM »
Hi Roo

Glad to read you have company to bock with.  There is also a lil community of bockers in Arbroath round the coast ( a couple are on this forum, if you want to do a search)

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 04:17:35 PM »
i can travel to 3 areas, when i return to essex, to meet, the invicta's, EPB's and my fav lot, the hanworth banned bockers, lol I think i will start driving there soon, to save time of using public transport, lol but i travel free on there  :P

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!