Author Topic: Question - Diagonal rod.  (Read 4097 times)

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
Question - Diagonal rod.
« on: May 05, 2008, 01:06:07 PM »
Hey, what's the purpose of the diagonal rod that attaches to the foot plate and the block on the main vertical structure? And what would be the consequence of removing this rod?

I'm not saying I want to. I just like to know what things do. :) ...and I don't want to find out by removing it and having the whole thing fall apart. :)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
Re: Question - Diagonal rod.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 01:33:38 PM »
It's a support rod I believe. And I do beleive it prevents the whole stilt from twisting/buckling.

-Carma (The Bocking Rocker)

Dark Knight

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 02:01:20 PM »
The rod it as Carma say but it's more to hold the foot plate at 90 degrees to the frame.
The frame and foot plate are held by a singel bolt and these rods. The rod takes the force of the springs when in compresses. This force travels from the hoof along the plate from the spring the foot plate and up the rod to the frame and up to the srping again.

If you took the rods away the bolt wouldn't hold and the foot plate fold up crushing your foot. :o

There very little you can remove safely   :-\

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 02:12:06 PM »
Thanks guys. :)
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 09:18:40 PM »
All above is true and they can also act as an adjuster to center (or off center) the footplate support

I found that due to a twisted leg I always felt like I was falling off one side of the right bock an adjustment of one turn down on one side and one turn up on the other cured this

But be careful as you can seriously throw yourself off ballance and twist the bocks if you get the adjustment wrong

Jason  :Hoofies2: