Author Topic: small addidas trainers...  (Read 15045 times)

Offline monkeyme5

small addidas trainers...
« on: April 22, 2008, 12:32:42 PM »
Hi all hows ya bockin?

I been reading through on here and looking at all the pics youv'e been sending in, and on one of them is a picture of someone putting their addidas trainer around the the hoof of his powerizer!!!...

Then started thinkin, what if I bought a childs pair of smart addidas running shoes, cut off the back sole and trimmed down the sides... used the remaining lace to tie off at the very bottom whilst gettin some nice silver jubille clips for the around the top part of the hoof to finish the job...

We use trainers everyday, not only do they hold up to us running walking and jumping but they will also allow for other options aswell... ie sticking studs to the bottom for off road uses (game of footie, believe me its possible, did it the other day mate) plus u could look at it as a bit of sponsorship from the name brand at the same time too lol...

Im gonna try a few pair soon as my pay comes in and i'll let ya know what I find... What works an what doesn't... in a bit.Mike
traded devil may cry and circle of doom in for cash cos was skint :(

Dark Knight

Re: small addidas trainers...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 12:47:47 PM »
I think they use a size 5 or 6 the hoof fit inside it just like a foot !

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 12:48:56 PM »
I think they use a size 5 or 6 the hoof fit inside it just like a foot !

adult or kids?

Offline monkeyme5

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 12:59:23 PM »
size isn't the problem ere as the sides of the trainers will all be cut to shape, im reckoning they'll prob have open sides by the time im finished wiv em... also, my hoofs on my springs are gonna be shaped slightly at the front to accomodate the curviture (lol big words, love em!) of the shoe... so they'll be rounded slightly at the front aswell!!!

just ordering some new hoofs of projump right now... whaddya fink lads?

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 01:08:20 PM »
You may not have to mod the trainers if you get the right sort of ones...

The idea was accidently stumbled upon by Q who originally thought he got a good deal on e-bay  £6 for converse hi tops. Turned out they were kids size 11!

But when he started to make conventional tyre sox, cutting thru tyre, he broke the blade, which went spinning past his head, so he thought, sod that! And tried the trainers, more in hope than expectation.

But he found the canvas stretched and really gripped the hoof OK. Since then he has tried adult trainers, but found then horribly 'squidgy'. The thin kiddy converse one is right, needs to be hi top or slip off.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 01:12:59 PM »
There is some stuff on doing this on PP. Hex has done it too. I think he secured hem with cableties. I dont think it's that hard.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 01:17:05 PM »
I think Q just ties them with the laces as he uses the kids ones, they just fit snugly.

Offline monkeyme5

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 01:23:56 PM »
Nice one... :thumbs: thanks for advice...

A was thinking more in the way of a tough leather football boot and instead of trying to make the hoof fit just cut it down at the edges as if it moulds into the trainer...! either way, done right I reckon this'll make another step towards advancement and upgrading...

I'll make sure I spend some time doing it an not rush... u kno what these things can get like if u just slap em on... I went sideways the other day in my tiresocks due to the open sides... hmmm an also!!! eh eh how do I get from been a noob on ere - to been an elite member...? do u work it out on how long someones been a member??? lol... mike

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 01:32:55 PM »
If you come up with a good design and make a tutorial we will al be copying you  :thumbs: Sounds like you are going to do a good job  :thumbs:

I am pretty sure the noob-elite member thing is based on post count

:spudT:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 01:36:40 PM »
Sounds great, you should try it all ideas are great and may work out as a great advancement, make sure you take pictures and do a tutorial on the way for everyone to follow if you can  :thumbs:

About the status, don't worry about it, we think of everyone as elite members in their own right, the learning curve is so short these days that some people bocking for just a few months often overtake people bocking for years in the extreme stuff. Some people bock for other reasons, and concentrate on it for fun or as a way of improving their health, either way every member is just as important as the next one! Just carry on posting on the forum, share your experiences, pics, vids, advise and soon people will see you as someone they can rely on  for advise :)

There is the status that comes with post count as Spud mentioned but thats something that is default on the forum and I can't change it but really it just indicates how much someone posts!

Offline monkeyme5

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 01:39:02 PM »
ha ha nice one mate... yeah will do tidy job then post some pics, maybe come up with a tutorial like u say... anyways in bit, a got some repairs to do, i SPLIT MY HOOF! plus my tire socks have worn! after just three days of use...  :tape:  :banghead:  :Hoofies2:  :PJ1:  :scool:  :haha:  :tape:  :Hoofies2: etc etc etc etc lol. mike

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 01:43:10 PM »
which type of hoof have you got the new bolt on ones or the older style ones?

Offline monkeyme5

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 01:49:28 PM »
think its the old style ones!!! all I can see is two bolts on top but nowt else on sides or back!!!... :banghead:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 02:07:18 PM »
http://www.projumpforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1578.0

There is info here about what hoofs you have and also what gen PJ's so you can find out exactly.

:spudT:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 03:44:57 PM »
also, my hoofs on my springs are gonna be shaped slightly at the front to accomodate the curviture (lol big words, love em!) of the shoe...  whaddya fink lads?

I think it's spelled curvature... and it's not a particularly long word. :rolleyes:
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is a long word. Its' creator was clearly a fan of irony.

Anyway... I really like the idea of putting shoes over the hooves. But your method seems like a needless amount or work and modification. I like the pic that Hex posted a while ago. If the shoe is small enough for a snug fit, why modify it? If you're going to cut the trainer up you might as well use one of the other hoofie designs.

That said, I hope it works out for you. Experimentation and creativity are good traits to have. :) Good luck! :)

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 03:51:47 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline monkeyme5

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 03:48:11 PM »
Pigdogbelfinhooferstickybackfukpieceshagwogcodpieceface is my longest word ... but thats of no use ere...  :o

• Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 03:54:37 PM »
...Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia means fear of long words.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 03:58:42 PM »
after trying to read that I now think I have the phobia  :P

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 04:07:42 PM »
haha. The creator of the word was clearly a cruel individual.
As was the one who put an 'S' in lisp! :D

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 04:09:15 PM »
haha. The creator of the word was clearly a cruel individual.
As was the one who put an 'S' in lisp! :D

LOL They sure were cruel. I love it lol..I love irony

Dark Knight

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 05:30:12 PM »
Bock up big grin on faces takes a big breath and says :-
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu
 :nana:

• Elite Member
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2008, 02:24:53 AM »
What does that mean? It sounds hawaiian. Or maori like the Hakka. :) ...or made up ;) lol.

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2008, 11:01:12 AM »
lol i saw the pic of the hoof trainers and gave it a go with my old all stars high tops there is the toe bit hanging off the end of the hoof will i catch it or not il post a pic in a bit if i can
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 03:35:12 PM by webmaster »

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2008, 12:10:03 PM »
i think you will catch it to start with but you should soon adapt and bring your legs up higher though
and just to join the fun the longest word in my vocab is ecnopharmecological, which is the name given to man made drugs like lsd.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 12:21:10 PM by Nero »

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Greggles

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • BOCK IT AND ROCK IT
    • www.eabockers.com
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2008, 05:20:41 PM »
yer i might do but allwas worth a shot