Author Topic: PRO -JUMP STILTS  (Read 31075 times)

johnrenik

PRO -JUMP STILTS
« on: July 04, 2006, 11:41:36 AM »
 PRO-JUMPS are GREAT JUMPING STILTS I am Sure these are the best brand in the Market....They are coolest toy that I could ever have bought

JP  ;D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 01:42:00 AM by webmaster »

mag48

Re: PRO -JUMP STILTS
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 01:23:11 AM »
Can you get those pro-jumps in the U.S??? If so how much they cost in USD? Any info on these at all... IM ADDICTED TO THESE THINGS AND I WANT A PAIR RIGHT NOW lol... any info at helps plz

Offline Terrydaktol

• Keep on Running
    • www.woodhousebrothers.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 10:34:58 PM »
i ordered my jump stilts on monday they came tuesday and i've not stopped all day.  ;D
I think im gonna need a size down coz ive sweated out about 10kg in this heat, but i just cant stop running around in them. They are fantastic. The Looks you get when you run past people in them are Quality. Well worth the money just for that. 

Offline Terrydaktol

• Keep on Running
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 03:52:37 PM »
 ;D Hello Again all. Three days in and they just get better. The only Problem im finding is at 32 stamina is in short supply.  I anit doing no backflips yet. lol.  But each day it gets a bit easier. Although i did fall over once and found it very hard to get up without anything to lean on.

Offline Pepperkayn

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 08:53:00 PM »
Good to know that there's someone else at our age (me being 33 anyway) willing to give these things a go. My other half thinks I'm mad!
I've discovered muscles that I never knew I had - and I know exactly what you mean about the 'stamina' i'm buggered mosts evenings now, but I'm hoping that will pass and I'll be back-flipping in no time!*? (yeah right!!!)

I'm based in Margate, Kent. Where are you based and do you know anyone else one the Poweriser circuit? Are there any gatherings or competitions?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 12:54:07 AM by Pepperkayn »

Offline rickbicker26

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 10:14:34 AM »
i ordered a pair of the pro jumps on thursday so i'm hoping for them to come today if not today hope they arrive on monday so i can start practising,
i'm in lincoln aswell so might get quiet a few weird looks..lol

Offline Terrydaktol

• Keep on Running
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 07:46:58 PM »
Hey all.
Rain stopped play today.  :'(  It's a bit wet and im not slipping from a five foot Bounce.
Hope you were lucky enought to get yours today Rick.

Offline rickbicker26

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 05:05:26 PM »
will be getting them next week sometime now as the size i wanted they wouldnt get any in till mid august so had to go for the next size down, oh well these things happen, roll on next week  :) or should i be saying jump on next weekcos thats what i'll be doing...lol ;D

smaragd

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 12:31:17 PM »
i'm serching for those stilts, would like to have a god not to much costing pair of tham!
my friends got tham to he got tham 20% cheaper!!!
 :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(
thx!

Offline Sneaky

Question to all Pro-Jumpers
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 04:40:58 PM »
Can anyone help me with my querie?

I'm a bit of an anomaly and my weight manages to shift anywhere from 9.7 stone to 11 stone. Which model of boots do you think i should go for??

And does anyone know how long the promotional prices are on as i cannot afford them at the regular price but definately intend on buying a pair tomorrow, when i have my account details! :)

Offline Pepperkayn

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 10:19:34 PM »
This weight change does play havock with setting you up with a pair. You fall between the M60 (adult) and the M70's. As the springs tend to soften up with use I would recommend the M70's, that is, if you weight is more that 10 stone most of the time, otherwise go for the M60's (adult) - Make sure you get the ADULT (M-series) not the F-series - you'll look a bit like a girl, unless you are a girl, then either will be fine!

Hope this is helpful!?!?

Pepperkayn
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 12:53:15 AM by Pepperkayn »

Offline maccer

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 02:40:11 PM »
Hi guys, another newbie here, LOL. Joined the elite  ;D, am waiting for the pro jumps to arrive, am 40 years young, does that make me the oldest then?Also as I'm starting out never tried these before anyone with any tips?

Offline rickbicker26

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 09:18:56 PM »
i cant give u any i'm still a bit wobbly on mine and been a week since i got them, mind u i not used them much yet.

Offline Terrydaktol

• Keep on Running
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 07:11:34 AM »
Hi Maccer.
The only tip i can give you is get fit if you anit already these things are hard work.
Try walking around near a wall at first, gives you somthing to lean on till you find your balance.
do small sessions at a time. when you legs get tierd they knock together and throw you of balance.
Ive had mine for a few weeks now and i cant do much more that 20 mins on them before losing a pound of sweat.  :-[

Offline maccer

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2006, 05:43:06 PM »
 Thanks guys, well they arrived this morning, so had a go when I got home from work.
OMG, you were right these are hard work, but what a buzz! How embarrasing, went over on them :-[, but at least I know how to get back up ;D. Well keep me posted on any further tips and help. Thanks to all of you for your advice, will keep you posted on my progress. Now how do I back flip over next doors brand new Volvo? ;)

Offline Pepperkayn

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 12:50:59 AM »
TIP!!!

knees up, feet facing forward, knees up, feet facing forward, knees up, feet facing forward, knees up, feet facing forward... otherwise you'll either clip the feet on the ground and the floor will aproach your face very quickly or, the springs will knock together, you'll then lose balance as you panic whilst trying to rectify it, and then the floor will aproach your face very quickly!

(when I say knees up, I mean walk with a pedalling motion!)

Good luck!!!

Pepperkayn
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 01:07:37 AM by Pepperkayn »

Offline danpne

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 12:29:05 PM »
The best advice is to look straight ahead believe it or not, if you start looking down you are more likely to stumble (and maybe fall!) Just concentrate on your destinaton.

Dan

Offline The Dog

• Fly Like a Bird
    • The Dingo Dog
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 11:17:42 AM »
Maccer,
how you gettin on with em? I'm er *ahem* beating you on the age stakes and just ordered some, should be here tomorrow hopefully.
Where did you start to learn? somewhere private? ;-)

Can't wait.....

Steve
Steve

Offline pro-jumpingboy

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 10:03:11 PM »
hey, mynick name is maccer as well, first person ive met with the same name lol  ;)

Offline maccer

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 06:27:31 PM »
Hey guys,how's everyone? Sorry to one and all, man it's been a long time, been so busy with car shows last year, and also my dad passed away. But have now started out on the risers again. Man I've missed it. :( Still back into the groove again. Been months since I've been on 'em but have know started again. Great fun, was walking confidently within about 10 mins. Will be checking all the replies people have left me, so my apologies for not getting back to you all. I'm not ignorant, honest. Anyways catch you all soon. By the way any tips on how to start running? Do you just do it or what????? How do you stop???? Sorry for the stupid questions (ahem) Cheers, Maccer

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 10:48:58 PM »
yeah you just do it lol.

Welcome back maccer. Running at first is a bit hit and miss but as you get more comfortable and confident it just naturally comes to you, faster and more in control with ur legs closer together.

Just dont push it and let it happen naturally.

Dark Knight

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2007, 11:56:21 PM »
Hi guys, another newbie here, LOL. Joined the elite  ;D, am waiting for the pro jumps to arrive, am 40 years young, does that make me the oldest then?Also as I'm starting out never tried these before anyone with any tips?
No  ;D

Offline olliewesty

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2008, 09:27:59 PM »
aaaah excited getting my pro jump powerisers :PJR: :PJL: hopefully by friday. getting them from trusted bike shop owner. i heard a tip from someone that you should rap your springs in gaffer tape :tape: as to stop it from chipping and wearing away when leaning on walls ect. and beginner tips? aaaaah excited. ;D

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 09:29:28 PM »
WOW!! Way to dig up an old thread!!!  :lol:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2008, 09:31:33 PM »
aaaah excited getting my pro jump powerisers :PJR: :PJL: hopefully by friday. getting them from trusted bike shop owner. i heard a tip from someone that you should rap your springs in gaffer tape :tape: as to stop it from chipping and wearing away when leaning on walls ect. and beginner tips? aaaaah excited. ;D

Check out the mods section of the forum. this will give you all of the info on mods including taping springs and other essential mods. Its all there :) Welcome and have fun!