Author Topic: Sky High  (Read 21356 times)

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Sky High
« on: April 12, 2008, 03:14:23 PM »
Welcome to the sky high section of pro jump!
Sky high are a midlands based bocking group that currently span the ages of 10-31 but we seem to be an ever growing group and intend to be a huge force in the pushing of the boundrys of the sport.
We meet regularly, having a group meet every two weeks at least but all our members bock whenever we get the chance all over the midlands, so theres always someone to go bocking with in the midlands.
We are currently finishing off our website and we have made a you tube channel just for the team.
youll find out more about us in the other threads in this section (or soon to appear).
If your in the area, get in touch, we would all love to join up.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 11:48:34 AM by Nero »

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: SKy High
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 03:50:33 PM »
well  this then requires an 'official' hello and welcome from the rest of the clubs

So high from the Jurassic Jumper.

Do post about your meets. Ive a cousin Bournville way with a 7 bedroom house (and all her kids fled the roost) who keeps asking me to visit and says she has no objections to a few JJ's tagging along. Ooo and 1 of her sons is a copper  so I can put a good wordin  in that department;D

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
Re: SKy High
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 08:44:20 PM »
Great news, hope we can link up some day.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline bas231187

Re: Sky High
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 01:52:41 PM »
hello everyone. my name is Ben
i recently got a set of powereizers. and am looking for people to teach me stuff and learn new skills from.

i was out practising at abbey fields in kenilworth when aaron and ashley i think it was came bounding over on another set. i was amazed to have found another power boker so quickly. anyway he pointed me in the direction of sky high and this site. so iv signed up to both and will hopefully be coming to the next gym meet with you guys.

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 06:07:24 PM »
just what we like to hear ben, cant wait to bock with ya.

Offline Drunkenstuntman

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 07:31:29 PM »
nice one Ben welcome aboard matey :)

Offline bas231187

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 08:23:37 PM »
looked around the website and cant see any mention of another meet.

when and where will it be?

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 09:04:01 AM »
yeah ive not organised a meet in the hope someone else would, looks like ill need to hit a phone or summat, watch this space.

Offline bas231187

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 12:34:24 AM »
hows the shoulder doing nero???

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 10:30:28 AM »
gettin better mate, first day without pain killers so today should be fun

Offline britishjord

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 12:58:11 AM »
hi guys where about do you all meet up to pratice cause im from the midlands and atm dont have any1 to pratice with at the moment, and you guys seem quite good and was wondering if you could teach m some stuff

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 12:28:12 PM »
sure jord, i will send you a pm the next time we are meeting up in birmingham city centre.
look forward to meeting ya

Offline jumoing drummer boy

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 10:44:20 PM »
hi im from notts n im getting some for xmas n i had junior ones
i never met another bocker :'(
i need to get in touch with someone from notts can u help?
is it ok to bock in winter etc. rain/snow(if we get some)
w.b - richard

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 11:00:39 PM »
is it ok to bock in winter etc. rain/snow(if we get some)
w.b - richard

I bocked in snow and it's fine, I also did 2 miles for sport relief in the rain...again fine. Providing you look out for slippery/dangerous surfaces. I still wouldnt recommended we weather bocking because it just doesnt do your bocks any good. I have an old pair I use in the snow/wet

:spudT:

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 11:06:11 PM »
spud i think u are thergetting something as well  :Hoofies2:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2008, 11:29:22 PM »
spud i think u are thergetting something as well  :Hoofies2:

Hell yes I am! Toddy's tire socks provide awesome grip! Particually in the wet. We had a norwich meet a while back and I was using my bocks with toddy's tire socks. The surfaces buy the castle when wet are really nasty. I didn't have much of a problem with grip. I knew it was wet and some caution had to be taken but clearly not as much as without them! I tried out chocl8's bocks out, did all the stuff I was doing on mine but when I transfered to the other type of floor ( which I had been doin no problem) my legs went from underneath me and I went splat. the skid mark is still there :D

But yea...I think toddy's socks are a must have. They last for ages and look groovy. And perform really well under all conditions :)

:spudT:

Offline PINHEAD69

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 11:20:17 PM »
WOW, ive only just spotted this thread...jeeze
hello hello hello... all my brothers...
damn, now what do i say... erm
YEAH BABYYYYYYY

LOOK HERE BELOW
http://www.pinheadstraps.co.uk/
tHe BrUmMie BoUnCeRs

(TIP)
never fece yourself wearing a g-string
it makes chip shapes

Offline CJ

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 09:54:28 PM »
Ladies and Gentlepeople

can i please introduce you all to Moo a mate of mine who i have now finally convince him to join us on here

so people a big sky high welcome

Offline MOO

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 09:59:47 PM »
Hi everyone

My name is mitch but people call me "MOO" im 24 and a friend of CJ's ive been bocking for about 5 months now and realy enjoy it.

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 10:01:21 PM »
5 months and you just got here?

I like moo. not in that way! just i like moo.

Ok i'll zip it for now. MOOoOOOOoOOO

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 10:20:37 PM »
I like moo. not in that way! just i like moo.
No, but you like baaah in that way ;)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 10:39:09 PM »
You be very careful mr sprog or I shall have no other option than to report you to the internet authorities.

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 11:01:35 PM »
I'm so lazy.. I haven't even been on our board :P and hii moo.. would be good to see you at a meet! and guys.. can you not talk about your love of each other on your own message board? :P

Bock 'n' Roll!!

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 11:42:19 PM »
MOOOO
ftmfw i say!
welcome mate, lookin forward to seeing you on thine bocks.

oh and this is my 1000th post :Nero: :Nero: :Nero: :Nero: :Nero: :Nero:

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 08:38:20 PM »
Epic post-count is epic! ^_^ lol.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.