Author Topic: Invicta BockerZ Logo  (Read 20316 times)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: Invicta BockerZ Logo
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 10:40:07 PM »
Dont forget that carma has put a lot of work into these. Howabouts maybe you try to design new logos and maybe by combining you may get a winner that everybody loves..just a thought

Offline Opal

• Invicta Bockerz
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 10:46:41 PM »
@ bbmthbloke

I have NFC m8  :haha:

Maybe it's because the slogan will be retained? Dunno  :banana:

@ spud

Was that to me or bbmthbloke?

click for details

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2008, 10:47:53 PM »
Both of you!

Offline Opal

• Invicta Bockerz
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2008, 10:54:08 PM »
Well, I think Carma's done a perfectly decent job of the logo, and I hope my posts reflect that (at least, they were meant to).

click for details

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2008, 10:58:18 PM »
Well, I think Carma's done a perfectly decent job of the logo, and I hope my posts reflect that (at least, they were meant to).

yea...lol sorry if I got it a bit wrong...I quite like the tribal logo :) especially number 2 and the 4th she did

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2008, 11:00:43 PM »
rm soz  no idea what last 3 posts actualy said  sorry im sure its me  too modern 1 suspects

As for the logos Carma redesigned them, quite nicely, yes  but why, for what purpose and to what end?

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2008, 11:05:47 PM »
So she didnt get sued

Offline Opal

• Invicta Bockerz
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 11:12:10 PM »
Just to clarify, I think the logo will remain more or less the same, just with a slightly different Z.

So if you look at my signature, instead of the trademarked Z it'll be the tribal one. The horses etc will still be there, as probably will the slogan.

The logo in it's entirety isn't being replaced with a big fu3king tribal Z  :haha:

click for details

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2008, 11:14:01 PM »
Yea thats what I thought  :spudT:

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2008, 11:21:45 PM »
So why replacethe 'Z'  the whole log rotated around it 

Im happy with  group that I am part ofs central design  Im begged for gym meets  i order other to get meets together beg a few to get the nerve to organise stuff  more shout  oi come here, flying of with 8 others to spain in a few weeks, thinking of stuff as far ahead as november

Just get some ib'Z'here to talk or out there bocking
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 11:23:27 PM by Bbmthbloke »

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2008, 12:22:30 PM »
Thanks for the opinions guys, it very interesting to hear what everyone thinks. Opal has it down to a tee.

Also, the reason why the Z is staying is because its now been established as the IBz logo. The red circle with the white Z in it. Also, I am not putting a Times New Roman Z in there due to the fact that it is a very out dated font which I personally greatly dislike... The tribal graphic, in my opinion, reflects greatly on modern times. Its crisp, defined, unique, and catchy. Tribal tattoos are something which, although having always existed, have in recent years increased massively in popularity. I also like the relevance to 'tribe' as I feel its something we could work into the wording on the website.

I did consider using the shape of the Kent County, or something significant. But I feel that is covered with the white raging 'Invicta' horse, and would actually distract from the sport which we are a team for.

I owe an appology to Athoul and GRS it seems as I badly worded the idea of the logo change on the first page, and I now understand why he wished to see it in its entirety. So, sorry Athoul, and GRS. As Opal as already said, it is only the Z disk which is changing. The tag line/motto will remain as I can't see us having too many issues about that (very few actually ever noticed the play on words and the relevance)

On another note. Can all the actual Invicta BockerZ write down their favourite design (Including Design 4 found here) as its your opinions which most matter on the logo front, I will however still be taking everyone elses opinions into consideration! So if there is overwhelming majority on one we might still go with that.

I hope that cleared everything up.

-Carma

P.S. I am trying hard to keep the horse distinguisable as the Invicta emblem
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 12:25:56 PM by Carma »

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2008, 12:28:08 PM »
Especially for Nero

-Carma
niiiiiiiiiice Carma, exactly what i meant, that a winner for me!

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2008, 12:31:17 PM »
I personally think that design is a little too on the grey side. But hey!

I am also hoping to incorporate the logo into the webpage backgrounds more. As much as I love the siluette of Tok (which will remain on the opening page) I want to try and pull the Z more into the site.

-Carma

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2008, 12:33:54 PM »
slap a inner white stoke and a white inner glow on it, should brighten the z up

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2008, 12:43:50 PM »
I think that might distract from the definition of the indentation. I will try it out tonight though, might work!

-Carma

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2008, 12:56:36 PM »
Personally I think you are potentially going to have issues as long as you have the Because Bocking Happenz. Like it or not, even if its not strictly infringing copyright laws (which i think it is under intellectual property) I am sure if zurich did want you to change it, they would get it done. Either by asking you nicely or by taking you to court.
Kinda like the guy who had the itunes.co.uk domain way before apple came up with it. Apple takes him to court and mr judge says sorry mate, the big boys win and hand the domain to apple. It sucks but its life in this pathetic c**try.

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2008, 01:07:52 PM »
I am pretty sure we will not have a problem with the tag line. It will fall on my head anyway and no one elses. But I am pretty sure they cannot say its copyrighted. Because its a totally ligitimate phrase. However, IF we did have problems, I would have to remove it, wether I like it or not. So.

It is something I feel is worth the risk. I don't want to change everything we have connecting to us.

-Carma

Offline toddy

• Elite Member
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2008, 06:01:24 PM »
well i like no3 looks the best, but for the tee etc and the sig's i think we should use no 2 as it is simple and stands out very well.

Dark Knight

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2008, 06:12:54 PM »
Personally I think you are potentially going to have issues as long as you have the Because Bocking Happenz. Like it or not, even if its not strictly infringing copyright laws (which i think it is under intellectual property) I am sure if zurich did want you to change it, they would get it done. Either by asking you nicely or by taking you to court.
Kinda like the guy who had the itunes.co.uk domain way before apple came up with it. Apple takes him to court and mr judge says sorry mate, the big boys win and hand the domain to apple. It sucks but its life in this pathetic c**try.
If I remember this !? Didn't they rule that he known about itune and set the domain up because of that fact !?

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2008, 06:16:51 PM »
well that ssets the precident for this then

But as I say --dream works have not sent the heavies round to see the JJ's   well not yet

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2008, 07:59:53 PM »
I might be missing something here but how about changing the letter to an S and keep the surround font and colours as they are can't see that they would have a case with that as Happens is a proper word as is Bockers

I know you loose the Z but it still makes senZe  :haha:

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Offline GRS

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2008, 08:19:49 PM »
I think the IB website ends with a Z so I doubt they would want to change that. To be honest I don't think Zurich will come knocking on the door.

According to this I don't think the Z is a trademark on its own anyway but I haven't had a proper look http://www.ipo.gov.uk/tm/t-find/t-find-text/tmtsearch-search.aspx it seems that the Z has to have Zurich with it as well to be in breech but like I said I haven't given it a proper read and I am no lawyer

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2008, 08:22:56 PM »
The Z is still a trademark.

But I am sure you wouldnt want the even slight risk of being sued hanging over your head ;)

-Carma

Offline sidnell1990

• Im Claire!
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2008, 02:56:58 PM »
erm........i still got the old logo....u never updated mine...

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2008, 05:16:42 PM »
Yeah erm, I am only keeping track and on top of those who are active members, otherwise it ends up it in the half the members being people who only attend once every year or so. Plus, I feel we should all have priorities on our primary groups. Therefore, I will only update those who are in Kent. Sorry Sidnell.

-Carma