Author Topic: Invicta BockerZ Logo  (Read 20314 times)

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
  • As Seen On TV - The Bocking Rocker
    • Carma Pet Portraits
Invicta BockerZ Logo
« on: March 31, 2008, 10:13:52 PM »
Ok. Well, I thought you all, rather than rejigging the old logo, deserved a whole new one. This is what I have come up with. I always wanted to go along with the striking look and I feel this still does it. Let me know what you all think.

The Invicta Horse will also be being redesigned as a tribal image.

Tribal Z Design 1

Tribal Z Design 2

Tribal Z Design 3

Personally I think this gives the group a much fresher, more modern look. Opinions much needed!

-Carma

Offline Athoul

• PJF Contributor
Re: Invicta BockerZ Logo
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 10:17:34 PM »
Design 1 and 3 are the best, probably 3 is my favourite.
Design 2 is too plain in my opinion.

Can you put it with the rest of the text so we can see how it looks like that?
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 10:21:08 PM »
To be honest I don't want to fiddle around with them too much until a design is choosen as those took me two hours just for the disk. Lol.

-Carma

Offline GRS

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 11:01:37 PM »
:haha:
Ohhhh Carma you really do make me chuckle. You ask for what people think but then you don't take suggestions on board  ;D Personally I think the first one looks great but like Athoul it would be nice to see it as part of the design to get a better idea. A tribal horse would "kick arse" (this is the latest word my lad has picked up from school  :o)

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 11:11:01 PM »
:haha:
Ohhhh Carma you really do make me chuckle. You ask for what people think but then you don't take suggestions on board  ;D Personally I think the first one looks great but like Athoul it would be nice to see it as part of the design to get a better idea. A tribal horse would "kick arse" (this is the latest word my lad has picked up from school  :o)

GRS, I have already said I have spent 2 hours on these. I get a little impatiant when everyone wants everything, I feel I have gone further out my way than I personally should have already, the fact that I sat down and draw this design up, loaded it online, edited it, posted it. Yet still everyone wants more and more from me. I do not have the time nor feel I need to do anything further on these. If people wish to see them on the logo then they can easily edit one themselves. I am asking for opinions on the disk. Not the entire logo. That will remain the same. Putting it onto the banner is a complete waste of my time as it won't make a blind bit of difference to the overall look.

Also, just because I dont 'run around after everyone' doesn't mean I don't take ideas on board.

People forget that I don't have to do all this. I do all this work out of the goodness of my heart. I have built the website myself, drawn all the graphics, spent many many many hours keeping it up to date.

No matter what I do, everyone is very quick to critise me. People are also very very lazy, and expect me to run around like a headless chicken editing everything to near perfection for them. I put far too much work into this group I think, and people continue to push and push, expecting more and more from me. It really makes me dishearted and makes me think wether I should bother.

This isn't directed at anyone, its just my feelings on the situation.

I will load up the horse once I draw it tomorrow for you all.

-Carma
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:14:23 PM by Carma »

Offline GRS

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 11:15:15 PM »
:-[ whoops thats twice I've put my foot in it today, I wasn't trying to push you, in your own time dear  :thumbs:

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 11:17:45 PM »
My votes in there for logo 1  8)

Dark Knight

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 11:18:36 PM »
The second one would look the best scale down ( simple is same times best ).
The first ones not bad but I'm sorry to last one looks a bit like melting snow ?
I'd think if you made the Z just a little bit smaller would make it work better too.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 12:42:25 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 11:19:14 PM »
I know you wasn't, I just put a lot of work into it. I really shouldn't be doing anything like this right now. But I thought I would try.

Its ok GRS. Just everyone is always quick to critise me when I draw the line and say 'look, thats perfectly fine, I am not doing any more'. Makes me sad as I half wonder why I bother.

It's ok :) I know you didn't mean anythign by it GRS, I never ignor good valid opinion :)

-Carma

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 11:21:00 PM »
I agree DK, design 2 wins when it comes to crispness and clarity.

However, my personal favourite is design one.

-Carma

Dark Knight

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 11:23:59 PM »
I agree DK, design 2 wins when it comes to crispness and clarity.

However, my personal favourite is design one.

-Carma
Odd as it sound ditto !?
Why not both ?
Use first for websites pictures and the second for T-shirts ( cloth would blurr edge anyway ).
You could use the last on Xmas cards  :biggrin: :thumbs:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:29:02 PM by Dark Knight »

Offline GRS

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 11:25:08 PM »
Thanks I promise to be an :angel: from this point forward or at least not put my foot in it again for at least 24hours  :biggrin: from what I can see the InvictaBockerz appreciate you so thats all that should matter. If the rest of us give you constructive criticism take from it what you want, if its just spiteful criticism ignore it, I know I would  :thumbs:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 09:04:33 AM »
I think 1 and 3 look really good but as a logo I think 2. It's clear and simple and thats an imortant part of a logo I think. I really like 3 tho. Good job carma  :thumbs:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 09:50:44 AM »
i like them all for different reasons, 2 tone logos always work well, so 2 would print out soooooooo easy and look real effective, but for "digital" use i think a cross between 1 and 3 would be fresh, i like the smartie effect of the first disk, but i feel if you then embossed the Z into the "smartie" rather than out of it, you would have a winner.
my 2p

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 11:06:03 AM »
Almost tempted to get you to design me a new tattoo!! they look awsome Carma! have to say 2, because its simple, but three would make good ink somewhere, I'm thinkin side of my calf would look good, could be seen then when im bocking in shorts!!!!  :Straddle5:

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 11:09:11 AM »
Almost tempted to get you to design me a new tattoo!! they look awsome Carma! have to say 2, because its simple, but three would make good ink somewhere, I'm thinkin side of my calf would look good, could be seen then when im bocking in shorts!!!!  :Straddle5:

traitor! You are an EA!!

Offline hybrid_hex

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • + + - - REDO FROM START - - + +
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 11:39:37 AM »
Was still there for the 1st Ibz meet!! And I might get an EA on my back! so :P

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 11:40:52 AM »
Was still there for the 1st Ibz meet!! And I might get an EA on my back! so :P

:nana:

Offline Carma

• Elite Member
    • Carma Pet Portraits
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 12:42:51 PM »
Especially for Nero

-Carma

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008, 12:44:03 PM »
hey carma...I like this one best.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2008, 01:54:40 PM »
Well  2 ,as said simple ---go easy on Tee etc.

Tho not too sure how 'tribal' makes things more modern? And wasnt the point of the 'Z' that itwas the same font as 'Zurich', whoes advert inspired so many. So doesnt the 'Z' become a tad meaningless?

« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 02:27:19 PM by Bbmthbloke »

Offline Opal

• Invicta Bockerz
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 09:41:56 PM »
I think the idea is to move away from the zurich association, just enough so that we aren't infringing their trade mark (any more), especially if we start producing merchandise (t's etc). It would also be nice to be recognised in our own right, and have a cheeky association by catchphrase, rather than look like reject extras from the Zurich advert   :Dark_Knight:

click for details

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 09:49:54 PM »
K,  tho  round my way  we dont have a prob with steven steiberg ( tho i do think we should upgrade to cuffs)

But still, for me  tribalism doesnt equate with modernaty.

Can you help? please? 

Mind im of an age where a 'dead flesh spectrum' was modern

The original 'Z' was times new roman  or similar, a freely available font. Nw roman, I personally will take as renaisance, high point, well just impossible to choose. But lets pluck for 1510. What more modern 'tribe' or trible theme is implied? Cavaliers? roundheads? Jacobins? Menshoviks?Falangists?Punks?Octoberists?Biafrands? Mods?white friends of africa?MauMau? White working class males? EMOS? Crusties?

Doubt Zurich would have a stilt to stand on --even if they noticed-- but prob would quite like the nod :)

Un wasnt the whole point of the Z  the connection to zurich un that add?

So OK  avoid trade mark infingement or somesuch ( if there is such)  but to create a meaningless retro modern letter ( or rather a choice of 3 variations ( wow big choice) of a design that is by some prosess , that escapes me, more modern than its predesessor.

WE get an oddly shapped Z  erm to reprecent Kent?

Am I totally wrong to question this?

Z  for the garden of england  the home of christianity in england a few old coal fields ashford 7 oaks the white cliffs   is a tribal 'Z' cos its modern????!!!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 10:27:05 PM by Bbmthbloke »

Offline Opal

• Invicta Bockerz
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 10:29:27 PM »
Nor would we if we could bock half as good as the guys in the advert :P (I'm speaking for myself here, lol)

I don't think the tribalism itself is modern, I think it's execution (i.e. the metallic shuriken/mortal kombat look), does update the logo though. Taking modernism literally, I am sure you are correct. I don't think we looked at it with any more thought than to say it looks more modern because it looks metallic. That's good enough imho, after all, the whole point of any of this is the bocking. Bocking being, of course, more important than making anything but a comedic statement with the logo.

The uncopyrighted horses & Invicta name represent Kent.

I guess it's all down to personal interpretation though :)

The Zurich logo is, as you said, a basic font (Times new roman or similar), with a changed ass leg lol.  ;D  Even though the colour has been changed to red, they could probably have a word if we keep using the afforementioned bottom half (ass leg).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 10:47:38 PM by Opal »

click for details

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 10:34:22 PM »
OK  but  loose the zurich  link  why the'Z'?

Wots it got to do with...well anything?

Nostalgia? mmm v modern?!!