Author Topic: Hey Bouncy People  (Read 4265 times)

Offline Brendan (NeoNinja)

• Elite Member
  • Martial Arts Bocker eats Win-a-bix for breakfast.
Hey Bouncy People
« on: March 18, 2008, 11:16:36 PM »
Hey, I'm Brendan (aka, B/NeoNinja/Neo/Ninja...hey you! etc.)

I like martial arts, Parkour, free-running, tricking, gymnastics, snow-sports, and as of two days ago... Pro-Jumping! ;) I got some for my Birthday. It was a huge surprise since I never asked for any, but I'm extatic to have some. ;D It took me about 2mins to start walking, jumping, then hopping on them... but I don't think I'll try flips until my wrist gets better (broke it in a motor-bike crash).

I currently live in Cannock (near Stafford and Tamworth) but I used to live in Norwich. Shame I didn't know this existed in this country when I lived in Norwich! :rolleyes:

I look forward to meeting some people as soon as the weather gets better. :) Til then, I think I'll just train on them in the gym. :) See'ya around. 

NeoNinja :Dark_Knight: (That's the closest thing to a ninja I could find. :) )
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Bbmthbloke

• Elite Member
Re: Hey Bouncy People
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 11:20:18 PM »
hi neo  ( i know cannockan uncle unauntused tolive there) ujustmissedameet this weekend in brum  check out Nero  for midlands stuff

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 11:22:15 PM »
Thanks. Will do.
Everyone's dreams sit aloft a rungless ladder. Some ladders are higher than others. Some are so tall they reach high above the clouds - but everyone can see their dream. Most people see that their ladder has no rungs and although they may talk about climbing it one day, seeing no way to get there, they eventually give up and settle for what lies beneath it.
      The brave however, the wise, the imaginative and the strong of will seek out their missing rungs. They learn all they can about the ladder, they surround themselves with friends and family who would also find the rungs, and failing all else they craft the steps themselves with their own two hands from nothing. Sometimes a rung breaks and the person falls. Some of these people will fall too hard and lose the strength to climb again - Yet they feel comfort in knowing they tried. They became better for it. And they experienced things and witnessed sights upon the climb that those who sat forever beneath it will never know.
      Then there are the special few who find new steps, or fix and climb again the ones that failed. Who eventually, through sheer tenacity and courage come to reach the final rung - Only they will have their dreams fulfilled. The extraordinary then build new ladders. These are the strongest people of all.

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 11:33:21 PM »
Hey, I'm Brendan (aka, B/NeoNinja/Neo/Ninja...hey you! etc.)

I like martial arts, Parkour, free-running, tricking, gymnastics, snow-sports, and as of two days ago... Pro-Jumping! ;) I got some for my Birthday. It was a huge surprise since I never asked for any, but I'm extatic to have some. ;D It took me about 2mins to start walking, jumping, then hopping on them... but I don't think I'll try flips until my wrist gets better (broke it in a motor-bike crash).

NeoNinja :Dark_Knight: (That's the closest thing to a ninja I could find. :) )

The norwich parkour guys love mine. And my peg stilts to! He was trying to do that martial arts/dance thing with them on...kinda worked. Kicks tjo he could do...handstands too. Although I think he may have struggled with the bocks doin that

but welcome

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 11:38:46 PM »
Welcome to the forum :)

Guys with your background do really cool stuff on the stilts so can't wait to watch you in action!

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 11:47:28 PM »
Thanks Webmaster.

The norwich parkour guys love mine. And my peg stilts to!

Hey Spud, sounds like you've met Lukman. :D ...I may have even heard of you on the NRPK site. Small world! :) Maybe I'll see you around next time I'm in Norwich. :)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 11:50:12 PM by Brendan (NeoNinja) »

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 11:49:21 PM »
Spud's famous!!!
 :banana:

Offline Lukman

• Norwich Parkour
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 06:00:15 AM »
The norwich parkour guys love mine. And my peg stilts to! He was trying to do that martial arts/dance thing with them on...kinda worked. Kicks tjo he could do...handstands too. Although I think he may have struggled with the bocks doin that

You're right. I did struggle to handstand in bocks! I got some today, and they're an awful lot heavier than those peg stilts I borrowed off you.

Oh, and by the way... Hi Brendan!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 08:30:54 AM »

You're right. I did struggle to handstand in bocks! I got some today, and they're an awful lot heavier than those peg stilts I borrowed off you.

Oh, and by the way... Hi Brendan!

They are so heavy!! But nice one for trying it. Your parkour background is gonna help you loads. I'm so pleased you got some!!!

Offline Lukman

• Norwich Parkour
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 08:46:11 AM »
You're pleased?

I'm pleased!

I'm so pleased that I didn't bother sleeping last night, because I wanted them modded by this morning!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 08:50:04 AM »
You're pleased?

I'm pleased!

I'm so pleased that I didn't bother sleeping last night, because I wanted them modded by this morning!

and lol the weather is c :censored: p anyway hehe. What mods you doing?? Have you checked bockmodz.com?

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 09:55:34 AM »
Neo ninja HEY!
welcome to the site and all that, cannock huh?
not far from brum, we meet quite often so hit me up on msn or summat and ill keep you informed, differently youll see threads on here, tis my digital bocking home.
see ya round the boards for now

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline K-rock

• SkyHigh
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 01:54:55 PM »
Hey Brendan welcome to bocking!
I'm Nero's cousin and I always enjoy Brum meets, hope to see you soon
 :thumbs:

Bock 'n' Roll!!

Dark Knight

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 02:27:28 PM »
PJ's arn't heavy  ???