Author Topic: wobbly bocks:S help  (Read 13092 times)

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
wobbly bocks:S help
« on: March 06, 2008, 01:47:15 PM »
right then i have noticed some worrying sideways movement to my bocks, i have checked that all the bolts are nice and tight but theres still movement towards the heel of the footplate, it seems to be the bolts under the footplate and where they attach to the spring/foot part.
i know why one of them is moving, i have broken the spacer under the footplate, but the other bock looks fine, it dont move anywhere near as much but theres still bit bit of sideways movement, which i know there should not be.
heres the broken one....

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
Re: wobbly bocks:S help
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 01:50:26 PM »
Dont look good! Mine is making a funny clunck clunk everytime I lift my foot of the floor and it feels like something is loose. I cant work out what it is

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 01:55:17 PM »
yeah i think i first noticed the problem when i could lift my leg and shake it and there was summat moving, could be a similar thing.
im just worried that without the spacer its gonna start deforming the hole when i bounce.

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 02:09:47 PM »
Can you pull them apart and put it back together again or try and get a spare? I am so gona check mine when I get home  :-\

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 08:58:06 PM »
Can't be sure but it looks like the bearings have gone Nero I think you can buy replacements give the Guys at Pro-jump a call and see if they have any if not there are other bearings you can get but they are expensive

I would get them done ASAP as they start deforming the frames if you leave them to long and then the new bearings won't fit

Pop the bolt out and have a closer look it should be obvious where it is worn if your not sure post a couple of pics and I'll have a look

Jason  :Hoofies2:

Dark Knight

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 09:11:48 PM »
Can't be sure but it looks like the bearings have gone Nero I think you can buy replacements give the Guys at Pro-jump a call and see if they have any if not there are other bearings you can get but they are expensive

I would get them done ASAP as they start deforming the frames if you leave them to long and then the new bearings won't fit

Pop the bolt out and have a closer look it should be obvious where it is worn if your not sure post a couple of pics and I'll have a look

Some bearing DON'T fit other types ( PJ's top spring bearings don't fit 7's ( loose fit ) ) for one !?

Offline sprog

• Elite Member
  • Not enough time in the day to bock anymore...
    • The Jurassic Jumpers
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 09:43:33 PM »
I blame the fact they are skyrunners. Simple as.
The ProJump bushings should fit, 7s may be too big for them. If not, to B&Q! :D

Offline zendalfire

• StiltModZ.com
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 10:24:09 PM »
I too had that bewildering clicking with each step.  Turns out, the bearings at the top of the spring had worn through and started deforming the frame.  Had to bore it out and find new bearings that would fit...

It's strange to wear out the footplate bearing first, as I've found that joint to take the least amount of strain.
You should do a thorough check of all the bearings ASAP

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 10:54:26 PM »
Ash, to be fair, Nero's had his for a good few months and his pretty crazy on them to put it mildly!

However bushings will wear out on all brands, regardless of whether they are plastic or brass, I think its really important to check your stilts over at all bearing/bushing points at least once a month, this will pick up any damage early before you damage your frame. I will do a diagram showing what to check for when I get a few mins.

for example:
A set of bushings will cost you a couple of quid, but if you damage your frame you talking a lot more!

In kiola's case, he damaged the bushings on the hoof, but becuase he didnt notice it till it was too late, the hole where they sat was deformed and so he had to replace the who hoof peice... and becuase he has PowerSkips it set him back over £100 (im sure he will tell you exactly and the pictures I think are on the forum somewhere!)

Dark Knight

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 11:45:48 PM »
The ProJump bushings should fit, 7s may be too big for them. If not, to B&Q! :D
Your right ( well for the top ones ) so it may pay to replace like for like !?
The one on the left is 7's and the PJ's on the right

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 11:52:54 PM »
Massive advantage to PJ's there DK

If you let your PJ bearings go to far you can ream the hole out and fit 7 bushes and save your PJ frames

On the other hand I can just machine up a pair of oversized bearings (handy being a Model Engineer  :biggrin:)

Offline webmaster

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Aka Naz :)
    • Pro-Jump.co.uk - Original Patent Protected stilts
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 12:40:32 AM »

this is what happened to kiola's skip hoofs

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 12:54:45 AM »
I'll bet that was expensive I've seen a few of the spares prices they pay at work and Skip bits aren't cheep  :(

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 10:16:28 AM »
whhoa thanks for the multitude of replys guys, ill strip em down once ive dropped the kids to school and check ALL bushing and bearings

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 10:21:51 AM »
Hope you get back on them soon nero

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 10:29:22 AM »
yeah i should be back on em by the weekend i think, no i hope lol

Offline zendalfire

• StiltModZ.com
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 04:23:16 AM »
If you take them all apart, you may need to replace the lock nuts, as they don't take too many tightenings before they start to come loose during normal bocking.
And don't forget the grease  ;)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 09:10:13 PM »
Mine has started to sound like one is farting and that biton nero's pic looks a bit like that but it doesnt look like anything is missing ??? Should I just give it a tighten or ???

Offline KentLee

• FREEDOM BOCKER!!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 09:23:33 PM »
dont worry iv tightned and tightned mine and they still wobbel and nock around you get used to it... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Freedom bocking. no ties to any clubs but friends with them all. this is the way forward.....

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 09:26:34 PM »
dont worry iv tightned and tightned mine and they still wobbel and nock around you get used to it... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

But it's farting!! I dont like it! Feels like it is not going down smooth and thats whats causing the fart

Dark Knight

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 09:47:14 PM »

But it's farting!! I dont like it! Feels like it is not going down smooth and thats whats causing the fart
Sounds like your tyres turned into a whoppie cushion  :-\
Note I didn't say anything about beans  ;)

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 09:53:54 PM »
lol thanks DK  :lol: Lol projump want a pair of bocks reviewed? need new ones but dont have all the money yet

Offline Sx Nutta

• Elite Member
  • No Brains Required
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 12:32:16 AM »
i would review bocks for free, lol

Fire is good!
But Fire is better when you are spinning or breathing it!
Burn Scars are for life!
Chicks dig dudes with cool burn scars!

Offline Spud

• Mod
  • Elite Member
  • Yeah! I'm a waffle!
    • EA Bockers
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 10:22:10 AM »
i would review bocks for free, lol

ssh...busting my plans to get new bocks!! hehe lol. you dont mind coz urs are fine. I so need new bocks or at least springs. I nearly bottom them out on like a 1 ft high jump :damnit:

Offline Nero

• Elite Member
  • Just bounce!
    • Team Sky High
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 06:51:25 PM »
^^^same boat as you at the minute spud lol^^^