Author Topic: what powerskip springs do i get!  (Read 22365 times)

Offline trip master

Re: what powerskip springs do i get!
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 11:37:14 PM »
i've broken 110's and 120's in the past in a fairly short space of time

The most powerfull spring available is the Powerskip 720 but the downside is it will probably break after about 2 months if your lucky, they are so stiff but if your strong no one will be able to jump higher, i remember kiola in Mallorca it was embarassing for the 7's guys because he was jumping at least a foot higher than anyone else there. I would buy Chris's pair that he's selling off from Push Your Limits as the've never been used. Either that or go for the 640 that will last longer or just get a new pair of S Rex springs.

Modify - I seriously wouldn't bother putting a Powerskip spring on any other frame other than a powerskip. The spring is slightly more open so it has a longer travel distance that helps with the height. It would be like asking Dot Cotton to wear a G String, it's possible but the two just don't go together.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 11:55:36 PM by trip master »

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2010, 12:49:33 AM »
ok my turn on this kinda topic, I currently have s-rex 90-120s i've had them abput a year  and think there on there way out, there seem to be getting softer.
My question is:
are then strong springs than than s-rex 90-120's?

Mate, i have my old set of S-rex X springs that i can't use anymore due to my knees, i'm still willing to sell them, they are in pretty good condition still as well! They are a lot newer/stiffer than yours were at CB when i had a go on them.

Offline Zeri

• I'm learning!
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2010, 05:06:24 AM »
chocl8, was your injury from bocking?

Offline Hilly-of-the-Marshes

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2010, 05:30:23 AM »
no, that was an older injury, bocking just hurts it now when he puts a lot of force through, such as when using extra-hard springs - i believe it was a hockey injury but wouldnt be surprised if that was wrong, but im sure it was pre-bocking, as we started around the same time

Offline chocl8

• EA Bocker
  • Elite Member
  • Ready for Backflip?
    • EA Bockers - It's in the Springs!
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 04:03:39 PM »
Hockey and skiing. I can use S-rex's, 110's and kinda 720's, but i can't walk the next day :(

Offline adamessex

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2010, 08:30:51 AM »
choc check your pm's mate
falling is proof your trying