Author Topic: Jono and me bouncing around  (Read 10627 times)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
  • I only like people who are nuts.
    • Welsh Bockers
Jono and me bouncing around
« on: November 02, 2006, 06:21:57 PM »
This is a video of me and jono taken today in Caerphilly, South Wales.

It was my second day so that's why I'm crap (thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!) and Jono has had his about a week.
Totally unedited but its only a few mins.

[youtube=425,350]edufuwf-0qA[/youtube]
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 04:28:48 PM by webmaster »

Offline dragon

Re: Jono and me bouncing around
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 10:03:08 PM »
very good
but this is where i sound like my dad

wheres the wrist gards etc
god i sound like my dad  >:(
please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor me www.walkforlife.co.uk/dragon please sponsor

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 10:19:56 PM »
I had mine on...I cant speak for jono though!

I spent £35 on mine! but they are the ones with gloves and lots of support. I figured my wrists are worth £35.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 10:22:40 PM by Matt »

Offline arthur

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 10:38:36 PM »
nice video :D

im a bit gutted because my brother has now got a pair aswell as me but his are adult ones so he can jump MUCH higher than me and it isnt fair  :P
And i also have messed up my back using these but i took some pain killers tonight hopefully all will be well soon

but ohh well still having alot of fun

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 10:43:43 PM »
I thought you went for the adult ones arthur? Obviously not but no matter, you'll get bigger soon enough and can get some adult ones then.

Offline arthur

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 10:44:29 PM »
im only 12 (13 in feb)
and i weigh 7 stone so i wouldnt be able to get adult ones :(

but ohh well

check out http://www.swebounce.com/ for some great videos of  Mattias Lindström and more great info.... go check t out now !!!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 10:45:57 PM »
nothing to worry about then! Its not always about height you know and u can learn to do stuff on them.

Offline arthur

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 10:46:49 PM »
yep

next time you are planning to go some where for a meet in south wales could you please PM me about the details because i would like to meet with some pro jumpers i live in swansea
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 10:54:49 PM by arthur »

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 10:59:36 PM »
I dunno, probably in a couple of weeks but its kinda annoying being a newbie on them and wanting to do so much. Also the weather is a pain this time of year but I think we'll be meeting up again and probably a lot more next year when the weather gets a bit warmer.

Maybe one day we could come down to you and go on the promenade or something?

Offline arthur

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 11:02:54 PM »
Yeh sure the prominade here is very long so plenty of space.

Great Idea
when you would like to come just tell me  i will talk to you about it .
 :)

Offline Lukey

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 02:32:21 PM »
Lack of pads isnt great, at least lend him your wrist guards?

Also when bouncing you're leaning forward - probaly cos you're looking down. Try looking up and ahead next time you're out as if you look to the floor there u will end up!

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 04:52:47 PM »
quickie of me in the park earlier

[youtube=425,350]WX7uUuTGVBw[/youtube]

My sisters dog loves them lol. I've still managed not to fall but I'd rather get it over and done with. Think I might get a t-shirt printed with I FALL OVER in big letters on the front  8)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 04:29:32 PM by webmaster »

Offline arthur

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 07:16:40 PM »
Nice ..very short. but nice

im really annoyed because when i run on mine i can botom out the springs (make them compress as much as they can)
and so it doesnt feel like i am bouncing veru high and it also annoys me because it is strange to be running nd taking a step then to suddenly hit the bottom. i think it would have been easier getting the 9.44 stone ones even thought im only 7 stone i can bottom out the 7.87 stone ones

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 07:42:48 PM »
Thats bad, I'd be annoyed if I was under the weight limit and it was bottoming out.
I wonder what the shop would say about it. At the end of the day you make a purchase based on the information on the website and considering these things are so new, the majority of people buying them dont have a clue what they are doing and thus are putting a lot of trust into the site.  :-\

Offline arthur

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 08:49:05 PM »
so do u reckon i should pull this up with the company and ask for the 9 stone ones because i chouldnt expect them to bottom out if im under the weight suggestions for the pro jumps?

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 01:45:43 AM »
It's worth a call i think.

imho, since it is the videos and nifty tricks that people (us) see that makes us want to buy pj's then I dont think its a good thing that you buy one at a certain size according to the website and then find you can bottom them out easily. Maybe there is more to it than that but thats how I see things. Maybe they're supposed to bottom out when you are near the weight limit. I'm 9.5 stone and have the 11 stone pj's and there is no way I could bottom them out unless I jumped off a bridge.

Give them a call, they can only say no  :)

Offline arthur

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2006, 12:24:14 PM »
yeah i suppose so
and heres a pic of me being able to bottom them out
(and i have got a bad back and i did have one when that pic was taken so i wasn't doing my best)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 06:02:48 PM by arthur »

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2006, 03:10:23 PM »
hmm looking at them I would say maybe the junior ones could bottom out easier than the adult ones. The hinge part looks much lower down than on the adult ones but it might be the photo or my bad memory.

I wouldnt go on them until your back is better anyway mate. Bad backs can be a real b***h to heal and if you keep straining it then it could turn into something long term so dont risk it.

Offline Lukey

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 03:43:51 PM »
If they're bottoming out on each step then you're either too heavy for the spring or the spring itself is faulty. Get in touch with sales ASAP. Feedback to us how you get on.

Offline arthur

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 05:09:08 PM »
i have stopped using them and also i will not be using mine untill i send them back to the company to see if i can get adult 9.44 and pay extra £40 for them so thenit wont bottom out

Offline arthur

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 05:11:21 PM »
If they're bottoming out on each step then you're either too heavy for the spring or the spring itself is faulty. Get in touch with sales ASAP. Feedback to us how you get on.
i am definately not too heavy because i measured how heavy i am about 3 or 4 days ago and i am 7 stone
and these are made for 7.87 stone

anyway i phoned the company earlier and they said to send them back and i also said to them that if im only 7 stone i shouldnt be able to bottom out the 7.87 stone ones

Offline arthur

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2006, 10:12:18 PM »
Hi,

hopefully i will be sending the pro-jumps back tomorrow
so then i will just have to wait and see

Offline arthur

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2006, 04:00:23 PM »
i have sent my projumps back this morning just before 10 am
so hopefully i should be hearing from them soon :)

Offline Locky

• Elite Member
    • Welsh Bockers
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2006, 05:09:03 PM »
LOL I assume you've spoken to them and arranged this first Arthur? You didnt just send them back with a post-it attached did ya  ;)

Offline arthur

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2006, 06:00:40 PM »
lol :D

dont worry i have dicussed this and they told me to send them back and now my mum is gonna discuss it with them when it arrives there.

So now i wont be having any projumps for a few days untill this is sorted.

just aswell cause my back is still hurting so i wouldn't be able to use them much anyway